“2nd Stay at Anaheim Marriott”
Review of Anaheim Marriott

Anaheim Marriott
Ranked #30 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 5, 2013

1st we had a room by the parking area but they quickly moved us to another tower where we had stayed last time. It was very quiet after staying at the Hilton across the way last time & they were having a cheer leading competition and it was very noisy! At the Marriott it is alway quiet!

Room Tip: Eat somewhere else very expensive
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chatzy F
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

I'm very happy that we could welcome you back to Anaheim Marriott. It's great to hear that we were able to give you a room that you previously enjoyed, and I'm glad that you had another peaceful and relaxing stay. We look forward to hosting you again in the future. - Dan

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My 13 year old son and myself stayed here for 12 nights. As others have said, the hotel was extremely busy but we only noticed noise from other guests on one of the nights. The room was comfy, although a little lacking in storage (3 dresser drawers and a bedside cabinet). The housekeeping team kept it spotless for us.

Despite the small size of the pool and volume of guests, we always managed to find a lounger and the complimentary towels were well stocked.

The on site shop was stocked with a nice range of products which were reasonably priced. It also had long opening hours.

As a single mum, I felt safe in the area and in the hotel itself. I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel to others in the same position.

The downsides were the additional costs for wi-fi and parking (although, I appreciate this is Marriott policy rather than the locations choice). Also, I guess its my own fault for booking a business hotel, but it felt on occassion whilst we were sat in the lounge as though we were gate crashing a private party (and one we were under dressed for - everybody else in evening dress and we were sat there in our jeans). Again, although this was a little uncomfortable I feel it is outside of the control of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

I'm glad to hear that you felt comfortable and safe during your stay with us, and I really appreciate your recommendation. I'm also happy that you enjoyed hanging out by the pool on such a busy weekend. You are correct that we do not have control over parking and WiFi prices, so thank you for your understanding. I hope we can host you again on a future trip to Southern California. - Dan

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The best thing we can say about this hotel is the proximity to Disneyland. As it holds up to the brand Marriott, it is not on par. Room was not cleaned properly. We found empty bottles of wine under the beds, along with socks and garbage as it appeared this was not checked nor vacuumed. Air conditioning did not work well. Parking costs are un-exceptable, over $25 per day. This is where they make up the difference in their room rate. Pool area was messy. Beds were not very comfortable. Very lumpy and hard. As an elite member we have come to expect more from Marriott.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for sharing your review. Your feedback is very important to me, so I am sending you a private message to learn more and make sure that future guests do not have the same experience. - Dan

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this Marriott when attending an event in the Anaheim convention center.

I booked via expedia since the rate included parking and wifi (the same rate on all other sites was room only).

On arrival, self parking was easy and given that the convention had a huge attendance and the hotel was sold out I was pleased to find a space almost immediately and within a short walk to the elevator.

When I arrived at check in there were a few people waiting in line so the concierge guy told me to use the premium line which is reserved for club patrons (which I'm currently not a member of or at least don't hold much status with the Marriott brand). My check in was smooth, the staff were really friendly and efficient.

My room was a city view room, balcony was a nice size although at a great height and with my fear of heights I can't say I spent much time out there :) Still I had a few of the convention plaza area and could see the big wheel in Disney's California Adventure too.

The bed was comfortable, the room had ample amenities and was clean.

The hotel itself has a Starbucks within it which I found was a nice little bonus :)

Across the road is the Hilton hotel, which was a short walk and that has a small food court inside it as well as another Starbucks.

The convention center is a 1-2 minute walk from the hotel and Disney is a 5 minute drive and probably a 15 minute walk.

There is also an outlet which is approx 2-3 miles away which was really nice and clean, called Outlets at Orange.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

I'm very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us, and I'm glad that we could quickly check you in during such a busy weekend. Becoming a Marriott Rewards member is free and a great way to experience many extra perks such as priority check-in at thousands of our partner hotels worldwide. Thank you for the great review, and I hope we can host you again on a future visit to Southern California. - Dan

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Anaheim Marriott is a great option for business travelers attending conferences at the Anaheim Convention Center. Accommodating staff, great location to restaurants and Disney! The pool could use an update, the rooms are spacious and the beds are ok!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front of the hotel to see the Disney Fireworks.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for your great review. We are popular with business travelers who want to pair convenience and comfort with accessibility to the popular attractions in the area. I'm very happy that you had a great stay, and I hope we can host you again on your next visit. - Dan

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Except for the valets and bellmen at the front door being very officious and standing there with their hands out for every little thing it was a good place to stay. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The food in the restaurant and wine bar was O.K. Unable to catch our shuttle to the airport right at the front door and had to walk a block to catch it or pay the bellmen to drag it out. I would stay here again though. Now I know what to expect.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your great review, and thank you for sharing your feedback about the valets and bellmen. We want our guests to feel like our staff is always ready to assist them as needed without smothering them, so I will pass your comments on to the team. I'm glad that you had a nice stay with us, and I hope you return for a future visit.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed for 7 nights in August for a conference. The entire hotel staff was amazing, very personable and helpful. The room was clean and quiet. The hotel is right next to the convention center for easy access. The wireless internet service was slow but serviceable. I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Corner room was large and had a balcony that faced West.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Customer service is one of our highest priorities, so I'm happy to hear that our staff delivered during your week-long stay with us. Thank you for your great review and feedback, and I hope that we can serve you again on a future business trip. - Dan