“Dated”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Prescott Valley, Arizona
“Dated”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have an overall mixed review. The staff is extremely nice and helpful. However, the hotel is dated. The bathroom was horribly tiny. For the life of me I cannot understand why, when one of the largest conventions is being held in your hotel, why would you close your signature steakhouse for the week? I found this baffling!!

1 Thank CGreenman
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate the great comments on our staff members. Next month, all of our guest rooms will be getting new mattresses and bed bases, adding 4 extra inches of comfort and visual appeal to our beds. Next summer, all of our guest rooms will undergo a complete room refresh which will provide new and updated design elements. We look forward to welcoming you to see our new rooms once they are completed.

JW’s Steakhouse is opened based on business demand. Even if a large convention is in our hotel, we will not open it if we know the attendees do not have a lot of free time scheduled. I'm sorry we were not able to accommodate you during your stay, but I hope we can serve you on a future one. - Dan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I chose the Marriott Anaheim as it ticked all the boxes for me as I was travelling alone and meeting up with friends for a few days @ Disneyland, shopping ,and universal Studios.The facilities were great offering great dining options within the Hotel as to your needs daily..Firstly the large Starbucks was great for morning coffee and a light breakfast or a salad and fruit for lunch.There was also Pizza hut express as well as two other eateries.The Bar and dining area were great with the food and wine list superb featuring NewZealand wines.The outlook was onto the Pool area ,which was also serviced with outdoor dining and poolside dining.On average dining was no more expensive than if you were at home and the service certainly top shelf.The staff were among the best group of people you could find and nothing was a problem.The Hotel had a really good upbeat vibe which I was impressed with and I especially liked the music which seemed to play all over the Hotel.Transportation wasn't a problem and where-ever I needed to go they had options for me ...I would recommend this Hotel to anyone travelling alone..

Room Tip: I was on the 10th floor looking out towards convention center and the Hilton Hotel..Could see the fi...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thanks for telling us about your experience, it's great to hear that you had a nice stay. Please come visit again.
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I recently attended a conference at the Anaheim Convention Center. I Booked my room at the Anaheim Marriott because I am a rewards member. When I arrived I was very impressed with the hotel staff. Everyone from the Bell Men to the Front Desk Staff to the house keeping staff were very pleasant, smiling, and always had a friendly greeting anywhere you were in the hotel. The rooms were very clean and up to date. Most Rooms have an outdoor balcony so you can enjoy the weather and the views. I did not have an opportunity to try the hotel restaurants although there is a very nice bar area adjacent to the lobby, with a pool patio for you to enjoy, day or night.

You are a few steps away from the convention center and they have shuttle buses to Disneyland and area shopping centers, although you can chose to walk as well. There is no need for a car rental since their are shuttles to and from the airport as well as a wealth of taxi cabs standing by to give you a ride.

I rate the Marriott as excellent due to the staff, facility, amenities, and location.

Room Tip: Upper floors give you a better view of the city and your surroundings
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
I'm delighted to hear that our entire staff made you feel at home. We are always eager to welcome our guests to our convenient location where they can enjoy the many amenities that we have to offer or easily explore the nearby attractions. Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback, and I look forward to your next business trip or family vacation in Anaheim. - Dan
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Spent seven nights at this hotel. The staff are amazing. The rooms in the Palms section have balconies and what a treat to be able to sit outside all during our visit. The rooms are clean, spacious, and quiet. The wireless internet works great - a rare occasion in most hotels so that was a real bonus.

The hotel is walking distance to Disneyland and downtown Disney, and many tours and shuttles operate from the hotel. The hotel is also next to the Anaheim convention centre so a great hotel if you are here for conference.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room. Some overlook the convention area and some overlook the pool, so depends on...
Green Features: Did not see much evidence of this...no incentive or encouragement to reuse towels. Many tour busses parked outside and left engines running so not only noisy but polluting.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
I'm very happy to hear that you had a wonderful extended stay with us. We try our best to balance convenience with comfort and luxury, so I'm glad that we could impress you. I hope that another business trip will bring you back to Anaheim in the near future.
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed there last weekend. Rom was fine, location was great - right near convention center. But beware of one thing: I received a UPS air box (standard UPS or Fedex size) for which this hotel charges a daily storage fee! The package came Thursday (according to bellman), sent from a third party. I checked in late Saturday (8/17), picked up the box on Sunday. Upon checkout, I was astounded at a $60 charge for "shipping". I was told the hotel charges for each day the package was stored for me. Since I picked it up Sunday, three days of $20 per day charges.

I travel on business frequently (almost 50% of my time) and have never encountered a charge like this, even at other Marriotts. Imagine, the hotel "shipping" charge was 3 times the shipping charge. After complaint, the charge was reduced to one day ($20). But beware, you are warned.

I intend to find another hotel if expecting a package.

Room Tip: I had a high floor away from elevator. If you lilke quiet, ask for it.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking time to post a review. We are glad you enjoyed your room and our great location. Also, thank you for the feedback on our shipping charges. We will review your situation in further detail and the current handling charges. We are glad that one of our guest service associates made an appropriate adjustment to your bill. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Houston
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was a little apprehensive about our stay at the Marriott Anaheim after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. We stayed at this property for 3 nights beginning August 11th.

We found the hotel to be very nice and conveniently located near both theme parks (Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Park). The rooms are spacious and we never had a problem waiting for the maid to clean our room. Each room has a balcony which overlooks the city. We could see the Disneyland fireworks show from our balcony. There is a small refrigerator in each room.

Our bellman was very helpful and even offered to get us extra towels upon delivering our luggage to our room. I might add that we didn't have to way very long for the bellman to help us with our luggage upon checking in or out.

There is a Pizza Hut and a Starbucks inside the hotel which was convenient. They also have a Wii game in the lobby for the enjoyment of the kids. The staff in the restaurant/bar was very attentive and good service was not an issue.

I will definitely stay at this property during my next visit to this area.

Room Tip: Great for families. Rollaways are provided upon request.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
I'm so glad that you had a great stay, thank you for choosing our location. I'll be sure to let the bell and restaurant staff to keep up the good work. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed at the Marriott Anaheim Aug 11th-15th to visit Disneyland with family. Being that it was my first time to visit Anaheim/Disneyland, I was concerned about the hotel and how it would be, since most hotels near Disney looked pretty old and run down. However, upon entering hotel lobby, I was pleasantly surprised with the way it looked. The room itself was a pretty standard Marriott room, which was expected, Room furniture seems to have been updated (within the last couple of years) and the beds were very comfy. Although the bathroom was very small, it that wasn't a huge issue for me (even with 2 little ones in tow). Also, housekeeping did a good job cleaning rooms. There is suppose to be an in-room safe, which I kept looking for and looking for only to find that it is a tiny cut out in the closet wall with a door and key....so small, one ipad wouldn't fit in and I had 3! Marriott should definitely update the in-room safe with an electronic one. Room also had flat panel 42" tv, which we never really saw, but when I did turn it on, the channels all looked snowy. Room does come with a small refrigerator, which worked out great having my little ones with me.

Had breakfast at the Cafe del Sol restaurant and food was good and wait staff were all very friendly. Hotel also has convenience of Starbucks and Pizza Hut on site, which worked out great especially when coming in late from a long day at Disney. Used the ART shuttle to get to and from Disney, which was very convenient. From what I saw, it looks to be about a 10-15 minute walk to Disney. There is also a Hertz rental office on site, which we used for a day trip to San Diego.

Overall, the Marriott worked out fine for Disney trip and I would recommend it to anyone considering it for their stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
It's great to hear that you had a great time for your Disney/SoCal adventure. I'm happy that you took advantage of everything we have to offer. It sounds like you did quite a bit and I hope everyone in the family had a wonderful vacation. Please come again.