“Excellent location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Boulder, Colorado
“Excellent location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Needed to stay there for an Expo, and the location was perfect. The room we were given was an upgrade, for which I have much gratitude for. It was a corner suite, overlooking the convention center. Clean, and comfortable. I would stay there again in a heartbeat, but they always sell out too quick.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.
Green Features: They give you the option to re-use your towels if you want to, to save water. I don't mind doing that on occasion.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
I'm grateful to hear of your excellent experience with us. Thank you for the complements and I hope you will stay with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Annandale, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was about what you'd expect from a hotel near a theme park - very very average. It's a large convention center-style hotel; the priority is clearly the meeting facilities. Rooms are small, and ours was not particularly clean. It wasn't particularly dirty either, just nothing special. The staff were attentive to everything we asked, which makes a difference when everything else is just OK.

The bathroom fixtures were old - straight up old. The shower needed a renovation, the top of the toilet tank was not a match for the rest of it (and nearly slid off a few times), and the bathroom was tiny. The hotel advertises in-room safes - they are correspondingly small. Great for documents, but too small even for a 7" tablet.

With the right expectations and the right price, this is a good deal. But billed as a 4-star hotel near Disneyland, most will be disappointed.

Room Tip: City views are preferable - you can see the fireworks from Disneyland if you're high enough.
Green Features: We did not have any documents or cards in our room giving us any environmental choices.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate your thoughts and happy that you found our staff attentive. Thank you for staying with us.
CSquaredC2
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I booked this hotel through a 3rd party travel site as a 4-star property. So I admit, I had higher expectations and was expecting something more. On a business trip, I find this location is sometimes a good alternative to where I normally stay and have found a hotel in the area I really like, so this probably contributed to my less than desirable state of mind. When I got a deal on this supposed 4-star hotel, I was excited, but that faded when I stepped in the room.

First, it's a great location. And the lobby and common areas are very inviting, modern and classy. The customer service was top notch. I was impressed with the valet and front desk staff. I did have to call maintenance once because the chain on my door was broken. Even though this was late night, maintenance showed up within minutes and immediately fixed the problem.

The two major things I didn't love about the hotel were the rooms and parking. The rooms were clean, but I found them dated and a little on the smaller side. I don't know if it just happened to be my particular room that was on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool. For some reason, I didn't find the room set up to where I would just hang out and relax after working all day.

Second, I know parking is always one of those extras we can't sometimes get away from, but I thought even for Anaheim, the $24 daily self parking rate was excessive. And to get to the parking garage you have to hike through the convention part of the hotel. Valet parking is $4 more. In-room wifi started at $12-something a night.

Bottom line, it is a decent hotel in a great location to Disneyland and fairly close to I-5. I do think it is misclassified as a 4-star, but that's just me. I realize we all have differ tastes, but I didn't find the rooms any better than your best Holiday Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
I do appreciate your honest feedback, thank you.
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed here at the end of July for a event in the Anaheim Convention Centre - it was one of the official hotels and we decided to choose this one because of the fridge and safe.

The convention centre was right next door, which made it extremely easy to go back and forth during the day to drop things off and get food. Very clean and the staff are extremely helpful (although may need nudging if you want something done now and not in an hour or two). The cleaners... were so difficult to communicate with they had no idea what I was asking them when we were simply asking for toilet paper - she just stared blankly. Same when we were requesting more towels as we wanted to shower - she told me I would have to wait for her to do the whole floor and come back which as you can understand wasn't helpful - I ended up going to the main desk where the guy got them for me straight away.

They tried to charge me for internet that we hadn't used but they did remove it when I explained. ($12 a day is something I'm not going to pay when it's free in the lobby)

The beds are comfy, the tv is really nice and overall the room was possible the best I've ever stayed in.

It is only a 5-10 minute shuttle ride to Disneyland which was very handy when we went back during the day for a short break before heading back.

Overall it was a really nice hotel, but some of the staff could try listening a bit better. If we visit again in the future I will use this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
I regret that you weren't able to communicate with the cleaning staff and will pass your feedback on to their management staff. I'm sure that others will appreciate your tip about the free internet in the lobby, we also have it throughout the common areas in the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again, thank you for the great review.
Villanova, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I arrived at 12:30, which is before normal check-in time. I was tired after a 9 hour trip from the east coast. The desk person said that he had a great city view room for me if I wanted a room right away. I said yes. He said that it was a handicap room, which had rails. When I got to the room balcony, I looked hard for the city view but just saw suburban spraw. The handicap room did not have a bath tub, which i would have liked to use. I was so tired that I just took a shower and went to my convention activities. The room was nice, but it was not quite as nice as I usually get from Marriott. I talked to a colleague, who had some problems at the Hilton across the street that made me satisfied with my choice.

Room Tip: If you want to see the Disney fireworks from your room, this hotel is blocked by the Hilton across t...
Green Features: I noticed nothing special-- towels on the floor are replaced.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank drwayneb
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Yeah, we understand that Anaheim isn't Las Vegas or San Francisco but that's our city of Anaheim view. I'm sorry if you didn't find it to be a desirable view (it's actually on our webpage and people do request it). We do have rooms that do see the Disney fireworks also, if you're interested for next time. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and I hope you come again soon.
Half Moon Bay, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 2 nights for a Disneyland visit. Typical quality Marriott experience, service, etc. It's a 20 minute walk to the park, or a short shuttle ride. Be sure to buy shuttle tickets from the hotel desk, as they are half price (round trip for one way price). Also, the "Family Movie Night" room package is a great deal. Includes parking, and a movie, pizza, wings, breadsticks, and ice cream EACH night! Granted, it gets old eating the same thing, but it's a $60-70 value (with the parking) for only a few more dollars than the regular room rate. Also, for Marriott Rewards members, ask for an upgrade to the concierge level & lounge access. Even though I haven't reached Gold yet this year, they gave us a free upgrade. Not only did we get access to the lounge with free breakfast and snacks, but our 16th floor room overlooked the nightly fireworks show inside Disneyland!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Nathan S
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
We love to upgrade our Marriott Rewards members whenever we can, and I'm glad that we could do something special for your family. Thank you for your wonderful review. Our Family Movie Night is one of my favorite packages, and I'm happy that you could reap the benefits. I hope you will come back for round 2 on your next family vacation. - Dan
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

It provides all the basics of a convention hotel but not more. First room had a noise problem from a giant fan on the roof of the next building grinding away. To their credit, found me another room, much quieter, on he next day. One surprise here is the good food in the restaurants. had the breakfast buffet at Cafe del Sol, can recommend it, great waffles and made-to-order omlettes, and a lot of items on the buffet. One night had the pan-sered halibut at the bar, the fish was superb. Parking is on the expensive side at $24 for self-park. One disadvantage of this hotel is that you are really penned-in into the Disney hotel-and-chain-restaurants ghetto, and you simply cannot walk around (you end up walking along busy streets, not fun).

Room Tip: Stay away from the giant fan on the convention center side.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Our staff will do everything they can to make sure that you have a comfortable stay with us, and I'm happy to hear that we could move you to a room of your liking. Likewise, glad that you enjoyed our gourmet offerings at Cafe del Sol. Our chefs are proud to serve you, whether it be in our restaurants or at our hosted events for hundreds of guests. Thank you for sharing your review. - Dan