WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersBronze level
Norman, Oklahoma
“Best Service Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

This place has the best staff of any chain hotel I have ever stayed at. All of the staff did a great job. The place was spotless inside and out. Very friendly. I just wish they had a coffee pot in the lobby. I was on central time and was wakeing up two hours early. Starbucks did not open until 6 am and I didn't want to wake my wife by my early hours making coffee in the room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
We're looking forward to having you for your next Disney adventure as well! Thank you for making us a part of it!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

You think it is Marriot, the quality is high.

The bed is smaller than to average American size bed. The hotel is visibly old, but maintained. This hotel is nothing more than just to sleep at after a day of fun and magic at Disneyland.

Value for money? You definitely paying for the name.

To travel to the hotel, make sure you listen carefully to your navigator. It's location is confusing.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MichaelS_aus
Thanks for staying with us for your Disney trip! We hope you'll come again!
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott Anaheim for 6 nights in early Jan. 2013. This was a family vacation, and we had two rooms.
The rooms were clean and spacious - perfect for our young child to run around in!
The exterior and lobby are immaculate. Very well kept and welcoming. The hotel cleaning staff were super friendly and hard working. The cleaning woman on our floor was amazing, and brightened our day by her friendly greetings and smiles for our daughter. Room was always spotless!
We used the Starbucks every day for breakfast before heading to DL. So convenient! Also loved the lobby water dispensers. Nice touch.
On previous trips we had always walked to Disney, but now that we have kids, we opted to buy a multi day ART pass (available in the hotel gift shop). Buses stop regularly in front of the hotel and get you to and from the park quickly.
Overall, we had a fantastic stay at the Marriott Anaheim. Sad it had to end! Already looking forward to our next Disneyland adventure and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank mnlovetotravel
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thanks for telling us about your fantastic stay! We can't wait for you to come back for your next Disneyland adventure!
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott Anaheim for 4 night at the start of December. We booked the room through Qantas travel (online) at a special rate with a free night and didn’t realise that the rate included parking which saved us nearly $100.

We arrived early and were able to get in to our room. The room was clean and comfortable – just what we needed after a 14 hour flight! Unfortunately the room backed on to the elevator and we could hear it going up and down, but it didn’t keep us from sleeping. The feather pillows were small and uncomfortable. It would be great to have a pillow menu available...!

The hotel was very busy with conferences and it make finding parking a little harder, or we had to walk further away but again no major drama. Also a couple of our showers were barely lukewarm.

Overall it is a great hotel with the Starbucks and other cafes on site. We would definitely stay again. We were going to get the shuttle to Disneyland but didn’t want to pay the $20 (I think) for all of us, so we walked across the road to the Disney carpark and caught the tram from there to Disneyland. We walked back later that night.

Overall we would recommend this hotel, especially if you don’t want to be in the middle of Disney busyness.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators and on a high floor for a view of the Disney fireworks.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ljr2612
Thanks for spending your trip with us! We're glad that you enjoyed your stay and were able to walk easily to Disney! We hope to see you again!
Portland, OR
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels in Anaheim, and my experience with the Marriott Anaheim was one of the worst. I booked two nights through Priceline, then later added a third. At check-in, I was told that I had two separate reservations and that I would have to come back to the front desk on the third day so that I could check out and check back in. Slightly annoying, but I guess that was my own fault for only booking two nights initially. The building is huge and feels like a mall. There were loud drunk people all over the lobby and I woke up several times during the Friday and Saturday nights I was there because I could hear people yelling outside while waiting for cabs/valet. The room itself was below average. I definitely got the "Priceline room". There were stains in the carpet and all of the furniture looked like it was falling apart, with the knobs barely hanging on the dresser, etc. The bathroom was spacious and nice - probably the best part of the room. Internet access was $12 or $13 a day. Parking was $24/day for SELF PARKING. Room service was average. One of the weirdest things was that my maid rearranged my stuff. Both days I came back to everything in different places. Who does that?? And on my last day, the maid came into my room TWICE. First, she walked in at 8 AM when I was still sleeping. The second time I was just getting out of the shower and I had to push the door shut on her. If the door had a "do not disturb" sign on it, I would have put it on, but it didn't. At check-out, I heard another guest complaining that he never received maid service and secretly wished that had happened to me. I have stayed at much nicer 3 star hotels. Overall, this was one of my least favorite hotel experiences, especially for a Marriott. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Marriott Suites down the street in Garden Grove... or anywhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank catwell2
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We'd love it if you'd book directly with us next time so we could assure that you have everything you need. We appreciate that you stayed with us and hope to see you again.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

we stayed here for 4 nights in january and it was an absolute treat after being in freezing parts of the USA for the previous 4 weeks. we walked to DL, the outlets at orange were a short cab drive away. staff were very friendly and went out of their way to assist on all occasions! very convenient. we were there for business and leisure and all bases were covered, i would definitely recommend for families and will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We're so glad you could come enjoy our fantastic weather! Thanks for staying with us and we hope you'll come again!
Ballston Spa, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed between Christmas and New Year's while attending a large convention. Overall, the hotel was quite nice for the venue. Every staff member I passed while walking through the hotel greeted me. The meeting facilities were good, as was the food served during a banquet. Only issues with staff was housekeeping staff did not offer greetings in the halls and the server during the banquet seemed confused when our table asked about ingredients in the dessert because of a nut allergy. They initially said it did not have nuts but then brought out a plate of fruit to replace it.

Rooms were comfortable, but the bathroom felt cramped. Only some of the rooms had balconies, depending on which of the three areas (Palms tower, Oasis tower, Garden Wing) it was located in. The suites consisted of a large common room and two attached bedrooms. Rooms all had larger flat-screen TVs, plenty of outlets, and a small refrigerator. My only complaint was with the pillows. Each bed only had three: two small feather ones and a large square one. The feather pillows were too small and were worn down, lacking any support for sleeping.

The hotel is in a very convenient location and is within walking distance of Disneyland and the Garden Walk. There are also many restaurants just outside the front door. It is a far distance from LAX, but John Wayne airport is closer.

The Marriott Anaheim serves its purpose well as a convention center. The facilities were well-equipped and that staff was always there to help. It was also enjoyable to see all the decorations the hotel put up for the holiday season.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Oasis tower do not have a balcony.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for the thorough and positive review of your experience! We really appreciate that you stayed with us and hope you come see us again!