WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“No Double Queens, $24/day parking, but a Marriott is still a Marriott” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Anaheim Marriott

Anaheim Marriott
Ranked #23 of 117 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Las Vegas
“No Double Queens, $24/day parking, but a Marriott is still a Marriott”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

I am not used to the lavishness of a Marriott, but I could get used to it. Why do 4 star hotels not have double queens? The double beds were too small for me and my wife, but the room was wonderful overall. I loved the hotel for the 1 night stay. I was treated very well. However, I cannot recommend this hotel for Disneyland families on a budget, who are looking for convenience. I have now stayed at 5 hotels in the last 2 months around Disneyland (check my other reviews to know which ones). This one is the nicest by far, but suits my family's needs the least.

I drive from Vegas to go to Disneyland. Parking is $24/day here. It is also $15/day at Disney lots, with your alternative being the ART bus for $5/day/person ($2/kids). A family of 5 is in for $40/day to park and get into Disneyland when staying here. Other reviews say it's a 10-12 minute walk to save $$, but why would you stay here? The value and convenience are not achievable. If you want ease and leisure and will pay more for it, then this place is for you.

I have really lowered my opinion of ART buses. Some drivers are wonderful. We had one who was grumpy, and I would even call her service attitude toxic (it nearly ruined my night). It takes a lot to get me upset. I needed to get back to the room to take care of something and return to the park reasonably fast, but I accepted the limits of the bus schedule. They come every 20 minutes. I was back to the stop in 15 minutes. The same grouchy driver returned on schedule, but parked the bus and went on break. I waited (no worries, yet) while she smoked and loitered nearby. After 10 minutes, I asked her when I could leave, she said another bus would be here soon. It came in 5 minutes, and after the people exited, I got on and scanned my pass. She followed me on and told me I had to get off, because this driver was going on break (I just about lost it), but she would take me. The runaround, with the cost of parking, the cost of bus fare has placed me firmly in the walking-distance-hotel-or-bust category from now on.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank marcjenks
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thanks for coming in from Vegas to stay with us. Hopefully your experience with your transportation didn't affect your view of our location. We'd love to have you again, please don't hesitate to reach out to us if there is anything we can do to make your next stay even more enjoyable. Again, thanks for staying with us and for your feedback. We really appreciate that your rated our service, rooms, and cleanliness so high!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is usual hotel when we go to Disney Land. Quiet, clean, typical Marriott . Walking distance is a major stretch with regard to Disney Land, but easy shuttle away (for a fee). You'll be glad you didn't pay the enormous Disney hotel rates, and you'll be happy NOT to have 2 million screaming kids at the pool. Not that there aren't kids here. . .there are, just not as many. Great pool area, both indoor and outdoor.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Paul T
Thank you for the kind feedback! We're delighted that you enjoyed our pool area and are your usual hotel for Disney visits. We hope to see you again soon!
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We were VERY impressed with our stay here. The bell staff were absolutely wonderful & sent our 2 daughters a beautiful Welcome gift (as it was our 1st time to Disneyland!) This was completely unexpected & a really nice touch. We stayed on the Conceirge Level (such great value & I would highly recommend). We also had a view of the fireworks which was lovely. I was reluctant to stay here as I thought it would be inconvenient to get to/from Disneyland but it is completely the opposite. The shuttle is so easy & only takes about 3mins. The rooms are nice & clean....bathroom is tiny & needs updating but really no big deal. I highly recommend this property : )

Room Tip: Conceirge Level...the inclusions are fantastic!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank neester007
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your glowing recommendation! We're so glad that we could help make your first trip to Disneyland so impressive! We appreciate that you stayed with us and hope you come back to see us again!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

I like Marriotts, the service is always great. I like the location of Anaheim Marriott. It is easy to walk from the Hotel to the Anaheim Convention Center or to Downtown Disney. It easier to take the shuttle to the front gates though. The nearest convenience store is about a mile walk so you are stuck with whatever the have in the gift shop if you need something. The room has the old yellow Marriott decor with some nice upgrades. My room had a media center so it was easy to hook up my computer or iPad up to the large screen TV. That is always nice. I like their new bedside lamps. They have a nightlight option, and regular light. The lamps also have electrical outlets so I was able to recharge my device on the night stand. I found the closet small and the bathroom a little cramped and could not find enough hooks in either. My balcony room faced towards Disney so it was fun to watch the fireworks from Disneyland. Every interaction with Hotel employees was as usual perfect. Marriott does a great job of teaching impeccable service. Complements to the customer service manager of this Hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Lvinstyle
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
A room with a view of the fireworks - that's great! We're so glad we could make that happen for you! Thank you for noticing our service, we hold ourselves to a very high standard! We really appreciate your feedback and hope you'll stay with us again!
South Lake Tahoe, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

First off, we have been staying every year, sometimes several times a year, at the Anaheim Marriott since 1987 and here are the reasons: Of course, for Disneyland and the other small reason is for business. This Marriott has several things going for it:
Front Desk is superb. This means you will get a professional, courteous person. No matter if you have booked the cheapest room on the net or are paying full rate, you are treated with the same type of respect. Just the opposite is true for their competitor across the street whose name starts with an H as happened to me when I tried them.
Rooms: All the rooms have recently been renovated and there are no dated or worn out rooms. I will admit we only stay in the main tower so please ask if booking the tower or garden rooms.
Restaurants: There is a full Starbucks in this hotel. Also, a great low key lounge/bar with great food. Also, a casual restaurant with reasonable pricing and a fantastic breakfast buffet that is a bit high priced but worth the extra few dollars. There is a steak house that I found just to be just average but if needed for a business dinner is better than the very overpriced Morton's down the street.
Other small things that help are a new high tech gym and two great indoor pools.
A tip on finding rates: If your dates are flexible surf the Marriott site with many different dates and you can find decent rates.
One last thing, it is easy to get to Disneyland from the hotel as a shuttle picks up 3 times per hour.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the main tower.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Wow! Thank you for being such a loyal guest! We really, really appreciate that you stay with us every year! You've got great tips that others will surely benefit from. Look forward to seeing you again! Happy holidays!
Auburn, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

While I stayed here for business, this hotel is well suited to both the business traveler and families visiting Disneyland. Located next to the convention center, this place is good for the business traveler. About 20 minutes by car from John Wayne Airport, it easy to get to. For families, it's a 10 minute walk to Disneyland/California Adventure/Downtown Disney. Shuttle service to the parks, an in-house Starbucks and a swimming pool make this an excellent place for families too. Clean, well run... A good solid value.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thanks so much for taking the time to tell us that you found us to be a good, solid value. Your review will certainly be helpful to others. We appreciate that you stayed with us and hope to see you again soon!
Ada, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a night during a recent trip. Check I process was flawless. Had a king executive suite. Well maintained room, pillows & mattress reasonably comfortable. Bathroom larger than most. Numerous On-site venues for eating. Large facility.
The club was large & the food was delicious. The staff was very gracious.

Self parking was a bit of a headache, as it feels like you are driving out of your way, but once in garage it was not a problem.

One side note, there is extensive construction in the entrance area. It can feel a bit hectic when driving through, but there are people stationed out at the entrance to help guide you around the construction.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Alicia R
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay in an Executive Suite with us and our delicious food! Thank you for staying with us and we hope you'll come back again!