“Comfortable and Close”

Anaheim Marriott
Ranked #28 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 20, 2012

If you are familiar with Marriott's, then you already know the bed is comfortable. This hotel is no exception. The corner room was a bit funky with smaller, rather than larger square footage. Nice little balcony with chairs to enjoy the cool evenings (yes in summer). Right by the convention center and just a few blocks walk to Disney.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Braskaball

Reviewed July 19, 2012

My 17 year old daughter and I stayed here for 5 days during the last week of June 2012.
Our trip was fabulous and the staff here were amazing. My daughter didn't have her room key one day and I was visiting friends at another hotel. She was worried about not being able to get into our room. The security was wonderful walking her to our room and makig sure she was ok.

The shuttle to Disneyland was great using the ART. We loved having Starbucks in the hotel. The pool was nice and the hotel is very clean. I will for sure stay here again since we do a Disney trip once a year! Good job Marriott!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank aajacques
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I was staying at this property while attending a convention. Most convention hotels are similar including accommodations, quality and price of food, and service. I had an issue when I checked in as my rooms (2) were not ready and was assured that they would be shortly. The front desk was extremely busy as it must have been "moving day" with one convention leaving and at least one coming in. After 45 minutes of waiting I politely but infatically asked the status of my rooms and one manager type individual personally took the time to find me 2 rooms, upgraded us to the executive rooms on the concierge floor, and gave each room a modest cash credit to spend. They also comped our internet service for the week. In fact, every single employee from our room service to the bartenders to the bell staff have been exemplary.

As I mentioned, convention hotels are similar but the staff at this property made the difference for me. Well Done!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bozzy1963
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I have stayed at this Marriott multiple times over the last few years for a convention. It's great if you are attending a convention as it is across the street from the convention center giving you just a short walk out the door to the center. It is also very close to Disney and 10 or 15 minutes walking or I believe they offer a shuttle to Disney. The hotel is very nice and the rooms have always been clean. The pool area is great and in the evenings was usually quiet and a great time to kill some time in the hot tub. Great hotel staff is always accommodating.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank cmickelsen
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Booked 2 rooms and arrived at 4.30 pm with a baby and have to wait 30 mins for rooms to be ready. Room keys do not work. Was told that credit card declined but checked with bank was told no problem. Excuses after excuses. Scared of staying in Marriot again. Front desk was not polite

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank AstanaKl
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I arrived early and could not check in to my planned room. However, the front desk staff was very helpful and gave me a Hospitality suite. It was huge! Had a living room with couches in modern style but the bed was weird! Had 'doors' around the bed and built-in shelves - never seen this before and I stay at a LOT of hotels. It was on the 4th floor overlooking the Reception entrance so very noisy and I had to keep the two sliding doors closed at night. Be advised - construction is taking place to build the Convention Center's 'Grand Plaza' right outside the front of the hotel. Make extra time if you need to drive as the roads are blocked. I was there for a convention so it was an extremely easy walk to the Center even with the diversions - about 5/6 mins. Also, with about 1000 attendees at the library conference, it was VERY busy. Everywhere was full e.g. coffee shop line-ups, restaurants. I felt sorry for visitors not at the conference! Good shuttles right outside the hotel to go to Disney and Downtown Disney. If you want late night coffee - you have to pop across the street to the Hilton's Starbucks - it stays open late.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't book a room that overlooks the pool - it will be very noisy. Also - check wh...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for four nights and were very pleased with the exception of one thing which wasn't the hotel's fault.
First of all, the rooms were very clean and the beds were heaven, so comfortable. The food in the hotel was so good that we ate most meals there. I would rather eat food that I know is good than take a chance on some place that may or may not be good.
Staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful.
My only gripe is that during the time we were there, the attached convention center was hosting two dance competitions. I know this was good for the hotel's business but became very unnerving to us a few times. I have a bad neck and like to get in the hot tub before going to bed but the three times I tried, it was full of teenage boys and girls. I even sat down there and waited one night for about twenty minutes, but they didn't move.
All in all, it was a nice hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple