“Nice accommodations great stay nice soft bed.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Anaheim Marriott

Anaheim Marriott
Ranked #27 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Nice accommodations great stay nice soft bed.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

Was sent here by my employer for a business trip. Accommodations were good nice gym, only real complaint was the loud parties around the pool until 1am. I was put up in 3rd floor room next to the pool and it made sleep difficult at times. Otherwise was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (463)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Upon my arrival, I was promptly greeted and the receptionist checked my reservation.
Over four months ago, I had reserved a double-bed room on a concierge floor. To my surprise, the receptionist told me that at the same price they give me a standard room because they have a big number of preferred customers for concierge floor. I was shocked. I heard about free room upgrade but never downgrade. As I expressed my deep dissatisfaction, the receptionist asked me to wait to see what he could do for me. He came back after a good quarter hour, took me on the side and whispered in my ear that since I am their preferred customer, he will grant my wish and give me a king-bed room on concierge floor (and not the double-bed). Although I felt offended, without further arguing, I grabbed my card and went to my room to rest after 9 hour trip.
I just want to say, that Anaheim Marriott people do not need to make me any favours, I do not care about the hotel traffic, I made the reservation ahead of time, upon my arrival I was tired and wanted to get to my selected room. The way the receptionist talked to me was humiliating.
On the top of that, at the time of my visit (seven nights) they had constructions going on in the front of the hotel, and it was pretty noisy, and dusty. I could not use my balcony to enjoy the summer weather. If I knew about the construction, I would choose another hotel, but they never sent me any email, any warning.
The room, the restaurants/menu, pool, cleanliness, were all perfect, just the way of treating people was outrageous.
Andrzej, Canada

Room Tip: call and check if the constructions are finished, or ask to garantee a room on the other side of the...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Andrzej_Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Although the lobby is usually packed with people, we find the rooms to be relaxing and quiet. Housekeeping is thorough and front desk staff are well-trained, pleasant and helpful. Walk to Disney. The restaurants/bars offer good variety and there are many other restaurants within walking distance. Only complaint, and it's not unique to this hotel, when I request a feather free room it should be feather free when I arrive.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

Let me start by saying I received an email about a week before arriving welcoming me and asking me to share my arrival information so I would have a seamless check in. Informing them I would be arriving at 1130am, my room was not ready. Ok...I checked back about an hour later and the receptionist told me the current occupants had not checked out and that it would be ready around 230pm. I come back at 3pm and they acted like they didn't know who I was and told me they could put me in another room on the 3rd floor (rather than my original room on the 18th floor- one with a balcony and a view). I finally got my keys around 345pm and the room was fine with a great view of the fireworks every night. My complaint is that if management is going to send an email to ensure a room is ready then they need to do just that rather than stringing me along for 4-5 hours. Other things about the hotel is that everyone is very friendly and helpful and the food in the concierge lounge is good. The pool is extremely small...in fact, I had to go to the Hilton where I had a friend staying since there was no open chairs and I had to jump over people lying on the cement by the pool. Great location to the convention center and I would stay here again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Melissa H
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Corporate travel booked me here instead of the Hilton across the street.

Words cannot adequately describe my dismay at this hotel's employees' attitudes and treatment of me.

I arrived at the hotel at 3:45, and my room wasn't ready. No big deal as checkin is 4:00. Signed in at the desk, gave my cell number so they could text me when my room was ready, and grabbed a snack by the pool. At 6:30, I had still heard nothing so I went to the desk. Same guy said he didn't think my room was ready yet, but he would try to make a key for me anyway, and in the next breath started talking about their iPad that texts people when rooms are ready, as it must not be working because man people had come to him to ask about their rooms.

Got to my room in the concierge floor, which was directly across the hall from vending. Ugh. Oh well. Had a clean room, a great view of the Disney fireworks, and a comfortable bed.

The next morning when I woke up, I went to the alcove by the closet to make my morning coffee (Sunday morning - concierge lounge was closed), only to find no coffee maker, although I did hae a full complement of coffee and cream and sugar....

Called the front desk, and that's where it got good. Grab a drink and sit down to read this one:

"Marriott at your service! How may I help you?"

Me: there is no coffee pot in my room.

Him: maam, there is no pot with our coffee machines, you just use the cup under the filter basket.

Me: let me rephrase my statement: there is not coffee-making device in my room.

Him: our coffee makers don't look like what you'd expect. Look for the black object next to the box full of coffee supplies in the alcove next to the closet.

Me: there is no coffee-making device there, there is no coffee-making device in the cabinet below the counter, there is no coffee-making device in any of the drawers or in the bathroom or in the closet or in the fridge or under the bed.

Him: are you sure?

Me: (scooping my jaw off the floor) there is NO coffee-making device in this room. Please bring me one.

Him: we will send one right up.

###. At this point I called my husband to share my tale of woe. I'm totally caffeine-addicted and will even drink hotel room coffee just to get me started for the day.

While I was on the phone with hubby, my room phone rang.

Me: hello?

Him (different voice this time, so I'm assuming it's a different person): hi. I hear that you believe there's no coffee machine in your room.

Me: that's right, there is no coffee maker in this room.

Him: ma'am, it's a black machine...

Me: (yes, interrupting): THERE IS NO COFFEE MAKER IN THIS ROOM. I KNOW WHAT A COFFEE MAKER LOOKS LIKE. I KNOW WHAT TYPE OF COFFEE MAKER MARRIOTT USES IN ALL ITS HOTELS AND I KNOW HOW TO USE IT. PLEASE BRING ME A COFFEE MAKER NOW.

him: we will bring one up.

###. I go back to the phone call with my hubby, who is totally incredulous, having just overheard my end of the conversation. Five minutes later the room phone rings AGAIN.

Me: hello.

Her: mam, just to let you know we will have a coffee maker delivered to your room within two minutes.

Me: I'm starting my stopwatch. Thanks.

###. Back to call with hubby, filled him in on the conversation and got a knock at the door within 25 seconds of her call.

Knock-knock (I put the phone down on the bed, still connected to my husband).

Me: who is it?

Him: I have a coffee maker for you.

I opened the door and just POINTED to the alcove where it belonged. I am furious at this point, yes, I am.

He set it down, plugged it in, and then opened the door of the cabinet below it with a flourish and a gesture as if to PROVE there was a coffee maker in there. I looked at him, pointed inside the cabinet and said,

DO YOU BELIEVE ME NOW?????

Him: ma'am, I never disbelieved you.

Me: then WHY did it take 30 minutes and 3 phone calls to get a coffee maker?????

Him: sorry, ma'am.

Me: uh huh.

Guy leaves.

###. Back to phone with hubby while I made a much-needed and well-earned cup of coffee.

So, the day passed as I was away from the hotel at a conference. Returned to my room at 5:15pm and my room had not been cleaned yet. Left for cocktails with work colleagues, returned at 6:45 to a cleaned-up room. Find it very odd they're slow to clean concierge floor rooms?

Concierge lounge was ok, but only soft drinks, water, coffee are free. Other lounges in other hotels have had free drinks... Glass of wine is $8. Breakfast food was passable with a nice selection of fresh fruit.

This place is much cleaner than it was the last time I was here, and they've remodeled, apparently.

Still - with the attitude over the coffee maker I am 100% dissatisfied with this hotel. I complained to the front desk when I checked out about the whole coffee ordeal and got a half-hearted, "I will tell my manager" along with a turned back as he waited on the next departing guest.

Room Tip: If you HAVE to stay here, get a room on the concierge floor that ends with an even number so you can...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank stefmo
Westerville, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were there for 8 nights (too long) for a National Dance Competition. Not only were we there, but there was ANOTHER dance competition there as well. The ballrooms were sufficient for the events, but the waits at the bars, pool, restaurants, and elevators were ridiculous. They totally overbooked for that kind of crowd. The pool was jammed at all hours and when you have that many kids there, it is just too much. The elevators in the Oasis Tower were ridiculous. 4 elevators to service 18 (I think) floors, and I would say that I rode in 2 of the cars the entire time. Come to find out, 2 were out of service until our last day there. One time we had to wait 15 minutes to get to our room. Again, could not handle the crowds.
The common areas are very nice, and the staff was excellent, but had I been there for a vacation and not the convention, I would have not been happy....especially since I had a discounted group rate, and I know what the regular room rates were. The room was a corner King with a roll-away, that had a little balcony, but viewed the incinerator and rooftops. Nice to get outside away from crowds, but certainly nothing to look at. It was fine, but by the end of 8 days, my two daughters and I were ready for some additional space. Beds were comfortable and clean. Bathroom was fine, but could use an update. Really no complaints. It was what it was.
Cleaning staff was very nice and very accommodating and did a great job.
The food was good but not great, basically ate at the Cafe Del Sol for lunch a few times and dinner once. Drinks were pricy, but what can you do? The pool was totally understaffed for food and beverage service but Kitty was the best server by far! She was really on the ball.

The location is convenient to all the Disney attractions and the convention center and that was good, also within walking distance to some good restaurants (a little more reasonably priced).
Probably won't stay here again if I go, again, it was the host hotel, so we needed it to be convenient.

Room Tip: Avoid the Oasis Tower....it was convenient to the parking and ballrooms but the lower floors on the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank OhioFoodiegirl
Stevenson Ranch, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

I went here for VidCon and chose this one because it was right next door to the Anaheim Convention Center and it gave me the special Convention rate Everything in the room was comfortable including the bed and pillows. Staff was friendly. If you bring kids along, you can watch Disney movies in the lobby and also play Wii games.

I just wish these big hotels would take a cue from the smaller hotels and not charge for Internet access and parking.

They have Pizza Hut which was good, Starbucks, and a couple of other restaurants. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo