2,308 results
All reviewsconvention centeroasis towerpizza hutthe concierge loungeattended a conferenceroom serviceself parkingbell staffacross the streetcorner roomhigh floorper dayhotel restaurantgift shopshuttle busart busking bed
Reviewed March 26, 2012

My family and I just spent five nights at this property and enjoyed our stay. The service and hotel staff were outstanding. In addition to our king size bed, we also had a rollaway bed in our room and it provided a great night's sleep. The rooms aren't large, but I would say that we were cozy but not crowded with the two beds. The pool area is very nice but the water temperature was too cold for us to swim. We did use the hot tub and I have to say that it could use some work. The jets only worked half the time and the water was not really hot enough. Concierge lounge breakfast was good with a nice selection of offerings. We would probably stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gonzomoon
Reviewed March 24, 2012

We had a wonderful time there! The beds are amazing! Very comfortable after a long day walking at the park, the $$ are very reasonable, we would definately go back!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2012

This is the kind of hotel where the staff remembers your name. The service is simply amazing. However, you can't escape the "convention and tourist" aspects of the place, which includes assembly line bland food and some sloppy back of the house service. While far from marring my stay, a crushed cookie spent two days imbedded in the hall leading to my guestroom. But, back to the outstanding service, it was vacuumed up within 5 minutes of notifying the front desk. Regarding the rooms, in the tower I was in "Palms," avoid the third floor-- no balconies. I really don't want to paint a bad picture of this hotel-- it's an excellent value and the employees really shine. Just know you are not only headed for one of the most magical places on earth (Disney is nearby), but also one of the most bustling, populated places too. No hotel can serve numbers on this scale without a few hiccups.

Room Tip: My room was noisy, despite being a couple rooms away from the elevator, so try asking for one even further away. Avoid third floor Palms tower. No view, no balconies.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank A A
Reviewed March 24, 2012

This is a convention type hotel property that is well located if your family is traveling with you to a conference. Disney is a 15 minute walk away. When I checked in -the staff asked if I wanted a low or high floor room. I asked for a low floor and was put into the Garden wing ( a 3 story part of the hotel separate from the other 2 towers). One side had views of the pool and the other overlooked the parking lot. It is nice that there are small balconies with chairs. There was a empty fridge in my room but not stocked as minibar. So you could go to the store and stock up. I ordered room service breakfast the first morning ( 1$7) and was surprised to learn that they tack on a delivery fee so my breakfast ended up being $25! After that I went to the downstairs Starbucks or small deli market next to it ( sells wine too). There is a tiny Pizza hut inside as well. If you walk across to the Hilton there is an additional food court. My room was clean and nice.

Room Tip: If you are staying in a Garden Room, ask for a view of the pool or you will get a parking lots view
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2012

The staff here were to a person, excellent. Everyone was friendly, helpful and efficient. That alone gets the manager kudos, believe me.

While this particular location is clearly designed for the Convention Center crowd half a block away, my family of four visiting Disneyland were equally welcome.

PROS
Superior Staff, service, amenities

3 blocks from Disneyland - definitely walkable but the $4 unlimited pass for the ART shuttle, which stops in front of the building is a full size bus that whisks you to the front gates of Disney with only a few stops.

Large Starbucks in the lobby. Also a Hertz desk somewhere in the building. If you want breakfast inexpensively, there is a IHop one block away.

The rates were competitive, at least during Spring break. $119-$139 and I have paid alot more for Marriotts in other areas

Huge common areas in the lobby.

CONS
Internet was via iBAHN - $15 a day, which is ridiculous given how inexpensive bandwidth is, in 2012

Parking was a day $35 - San Francisco downtown prices

Rooms and bathrooms were standard size, probably because it was originally conceived as a business hotel. But acceptable size, just a wee bit tight.

Friday night there was a large food convention and the big party was in the Marriott. Loud music until late at night. I thought on the 14th floor it would not be a problem but heard music and laughter/talking from the pool area at least for one hour after we went to bed. As I am sure parties brings huge revenue to the hotel and it was Friday night, it couldn't be helped but if there on a weekend, you want a room that faces the front of the building, as high up as possible and not the back of the building overlooking the pool

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family