“Last Minute Surprise; Friendly Staff”
Review of Anaheim Marriott

Anaheim Marriott
Ranked #27 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Last Minute Surprise; Friendly Staff”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I wasn't planning on spending the night in the LA area but when faced with it narrowed down the best deal to the Marriott Anaheim for myself and my 8 year old.

As a Marriott Rewards member I must say this is one of the better properties I have stayed at. The facility was well maintained and clean. The room was spacious, up to date and very comfortable. I ordered room service which arrived promptly the next morning.

All the staff were friendly throughout the hotel with a smile and greeting being offered everywhere I went in the facility.

I was quite surprised because I would rte the stay and service on par with a top rated five star hotel that I stayed at recently.

The Marriott Anaheim will definitely be my first choice if I ever find myself needing a place to stay in the area again.

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Oakland, California
Reviewed March 14, 2012

This is a nice property, and the service is excellent. On my recent stay, though, the in-room wireless service (provided by iBahn -- shame on them) was so pathetically slow that I gave up after trying to send an email with an attachment for 30 minutes. I had to go to the Kinkos to send it. Therefore I can't recommend this hotel for business travelers -- or even vacationers who need to stay in touch with the office.

• Stayed March 2012
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed March 8, 2012

The Marriott Anaheim at the Convention Center is a great hotel to stay at while visiting Disneyland. It's only a few minutes away from the Park via ART (Anaheim Resort Transit), which only costs $4 per day for unlimited rides. You can buy ART tickets at the front desk. Even though it's only a few blocks away from the Park, they're long blocks and are feet were hurting from running through the Park all day- we recommend the bus instead of walking.
We enjoyed a wonderful lunch and cocktails at the bar when we checked in- which we did a few hours early and they let us in our room anyway. And there is a full service Starbucks in the lower level which my husband and I both visited every morning to get our breakfast.
The hotel was quiet and clean and a nice contrast to being in the hectic Park all day long. We wanted a place to have a break from all the action, especially since we don't have kids, and this hotel was a great match for us. Disney was closed one morning due to a suspicious package left at the gate and we were able to relax poolside and have drinks in the sun instead! I only wish they had servers outside when we were by the pool to take our orders- but it was just a few steps to go to the bar.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lexjett
Denver
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I just completed my stay here a few hours ago, so everything is still fresh in my mind. Came to this location for a 2 night stay for business.

It was a late Saturday night checkin so there was no line. The person at the desk was extremely pleasant and efficient, and gave me the room indicatd on my Marriott profile.

After dropping my thing off in the room I went down to the lobby bar for a night cap around 10pm, and a full menu was still offered for food. I had the BBQ chips with chipotle sauce, and boneless BBQ wings, but went well with my 6 dollar bottled beer, And the service was spot on.

In the room : lots of electrical outlets, very comfy king sized bed and pillows, a mini fridge. The only things I would list on the to do list would be to install electronic safes versus the old key ones in the closet, and install new air filters since there was always a layer of dust on the dresser and tv after coming back to the room, and the air conditioning in the room was very noisy as well (room 939).

The property has a nice pool area, outside fire pits and heaters, a large Starbucks , and 2 restaurants, and is adjacent to the convention center and walking distance to several restaurants and the nearby mouse themed theme park.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank ColoMoon
Climax, Michigan
Reviewed February 24, 2012

From the moment I arrived to spend three days attending meetings in the facility, I was just amazed at how friendly and helpful the staff was! Everyone took the time to speak, from the front desk, to housekeeping, to maintenance, to banquet wait staff. Banquet wait staff was among the best I've encountered and the food was actually good for all meals and breaks. Rooms were clean with nice bedding. Although I did think the blue and red knit throw pillows on the beds were more like something someone's Grandmother had made...sort of worn and pilled. Would have been better without that decorative touch. Other than that, decor throughout the facility was very nice.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Ganilla
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This hotel is in need of some desire upgrades, I would suggest the decor and the bathroom facilities be done ASAP. For the Marriotts I have visited in past this is one of the lowest grade ones, and from the pictures online they are very deciding, but giving great credit to the photographer he did a great job.

Also the beds are not as comfortable as they seem and they even offer a catalogue to buy these items, maybe in need of upgrade before trying to sell these items.

It says offers a shuttle or bus to disneyland online but when you get there they do offer it but you have to pay and for a family the rates go up which even includes you need to pay for parking at the hotel!

I would say look for other options before staying here or otherwise pay more and upgrade to a better room, maybe i got stuck with short end of the deal!

Room Tip: Ask for upgrades as the room I got was not very upgrade and I am not sure if they offer better rooms...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
New Delhi, India
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Was here for a conference -- but its a decent hotel well located good access to Disnery Land and an Indian resturant close by. Target is a 15 minute walk and best buy another 20 odd minutes

Room Tip: the higher and facing the pool is better
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business