“Good location - construction next door” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Portofino Inn & Suites Anaheim Hotel
Ranked #29 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
San Jose, California
“Good location - construction next door”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

The only good thing about this hotel is the location. BUT - there is construction next door which is noisy.

The room is very tired and worn. Lighting was bad and some lights did not work. The bathroom was dirty and there was chewing gum on the furniture.

Staff was pleasant.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from the construction as possible.
1 Thank JWtn2014
Daniel K, General Manager at Portofino Inn & Suites Anaheim Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear JWtn2014-
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I have shared your comments with our staff and Management team so that we can learn from your observations and continue to improve in the Maintenance and Housekeeping Dept.
We are saddened to hear that you were unable to have relaxing stay with us due to noise of the Marriott hotel being built near us. We will make every effort to ensure our guests enjoy our newly refreshed and updated rooms with out being disturbed by near by construction in the city.

Once again, We are truly sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused you. We are very grateful that you allowed us to be your host hotel during your visit to the Anaheim area. We hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Dan Kramer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
Surprise, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

We stayed here in February for a trip to Disneyland for my kids. The rooms were great. The price was great, and we had a wonderful time. The location to Disneyland was excellent. Just a 10 minute walk to the park. We arrived in town from Phoenix at 9 am and they were very nice to let us check in at that time and not have to wait until later. That made it very easy to unload the car and freshen up before heading out around town. The only bad part was that the guests above us were very noisy and the sound came through the floor quite loudly. Not a huge issue because I myself was traveling with young children and I understand how excited they can be. Would have been nice if they offered a breakfast, but again not an issue because there are lots of places to eat, very close by, and very inexpensive. All in all it was a wonderful stay at the Portofino Inn, and I would recommend them anytime. Next time we come back we will be staying here again. Thanks Portofino Inn for the help In making our Disney trip a huge success

1 Thank Thomas V
Murrieta, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

The room was nice and enjoyed the ability to separate the rooms..
It was clean and the temp. was great-
Parking was sparse and made it difficult to find a spot close= even had a guest block some cars in for a half hour.
Employees were very helpful

Room Tip: because of construction next door was not able to sleep in
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

Rooms were clean. Walking to the Convention Center was easy and convenient. There are a wide variety of restaurants in the area. I appreciated the security of the back area near the pool. Ordered pizza in one evening and service was quick.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Sunnyvale, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

I was very impressed with everything until 6 AM when I woke up to very loud construction noises. Through the window I noticed a construction site about 50 feet from the hotel.
I know it is not the hotel's fault, but I expect them to tell me about it and maybe also to try and offer a room at the other side of the hotel.
Besides that, everything else was fine.

Room Tip: Ask about the construction.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael T
Moreno Valley, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

I loved the hotel, the only thing was that I seen two small pesticides in the bathroom. Housekeeping did come clean the room and it was fine after that. I loved that they offer kids suites, which my kids loved. We celebrated my daughters 5th. Birthday at Disneyland, I loved it was just one block away and I was even able to decorate the room in Princess stuff to make the stay extra wonderful.

1 Thank Sabrina U
Portland, oregon, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

Was one of the less expensive hotels near the convention center and close to the Disneyland resorts too. So, price isn't cheap in the area and so it was an ok hotel room but the hotel lacked some basics and the TV would turn off by itself about ever 20 or 30 minutes for no reason at all. The lobby doesn't have any snack or breakfast area at all so I had to find breakfast separate from the hotel. I guess I am spoiled that way but for business travel that just adds time to my mornings that I usually don't have to spare so that would have been nice. Some of the amenities in the hotel room you could see were definitely worn and looked well used.

The bed was way too soft for my comfort level. I woke up achy.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ttraveller321
Daniel K, General Manager at Portofino Inn & Suites Anaheim Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear ttraveller321-

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. . Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. We have recently implemented a new bedding package in our guest rooms. We do carry mattress boards that we can install for you to make the mattress firmer if that is your preference at your request. We hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you superior service.

Dan Kramer