“Disappointed in original reservation”

Portofino Inn & Suites Anaheim Hotel
Ranked #36 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Usa
“Disappointed in original reservation”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

My agent Suggested the Anabella Hotel to accommodate our family of five. We checked in on December 12, within 20 minutes we realized this to be a big mistake. The Mission Suite was very small, the decor was very dark, the bed frames were metal which were loud when you moved and the walls were paper thin, which wasn't good with a hyper 4 year old. I feared a horrible vacation, until I found availability at the Portofino, they issued us a room the following morning at 9am! We got the kid's suite, which had a lot of room for everyone to have privacy. We never heard our neighbors and I guess they never heard us. The beds were as comfortable as our own!! The rate was the same as our small mission suite plus we had room for an additional person, if we had needed it. The rooms were bright and cheerful! Our vacation was saved by the Portofino! It was located across from an IHOP and very close walking distance to Disney. The staff helped us by booking LA tours and arranged our transpiration back to the airport! I plan to visit LA and surrounding areas again soon and I will not waste my time looking around for accommodations...I'll be at The Portofino

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
Oceanside, ca.
Reviewed December 17, 2013

The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and it was very conveniently located. Its definitely a good value hotel. I was really disappointed and inconvenienced that they didn't have a refrigerator, I was there on a business trip and really didn't want to eat out every meal. the fitness facilities were also really weak (two old treadmills and a bike). If they invested in mini fridges, I would have no problem choosing this hotel again.

Santa Maria, Ca
Reviewed December 17, 2013

The hotel has a great deal if you if you prepay for the room. Which is very clean and roomie. Just wish they had a free shuttle service to the park and free breakfast that some of the other hotels have.

Room Tip: Get a 5th floor room so you don't here the kids running above you.
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed December 16, 2013

This is a great choice for people who are attending the Evolution of Psychotherapy. It is conveniently located - very close to the Anaheim Convention Center where the Conference is. Price performance is very good. I also like having a balcony.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Our children and grandchildren joined us for four nights to Disneyland. We were very impressed with the childrens suites . The adults with no children had the king suites. The rooms were clean and bright.
Everyone at the hotel was helpful and friendly.
We paid for the Art t Shuttle and used it once. It was a waste of money. The shuttle does not come every 20 minutes. The hotel is a quick 10 minute walk. The shuttle is run by the city.
We ate at I-Hop every morning, across the street. We were always seated with in 5 minutes. I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Good location for Convention Center and Disneyland.
Good value for money. Would have appreciate breakfast in the morning,
at least good coffee. Room OK but would appreciate small refrigerator.
Sometime no place in the parking but possibility to park at the next hotel beside.

Room Tip: Ordinary but convenient
Minneapolis, Minnesota, Usa
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I had a conference at the convention center. I could walk through the parking lot from the hotel and be there in five minutes. The price was extremely reasonable. Very friendly and helpful staff. The room was clean. I got the deluxe room with two Queen-sized beef. A mini refrigerator and microwave were not included, but the staff was very accommodating and got me both with no extra charge, making the five-day stay very pleasant. It is located by many restaurants. If you are looking for a luxurious experience with a full gym, this might not be you're choice. Their gym had only a couple of reclining bikes and treadmills, but serve the purpose of you just want a little workout. I'll definitely come back.