“Great Motel And Excellent Value.”
Review of Alpine Inn

Alpine Inn
Ranked #9 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed November 20, 2009

We just got home from staying at the Alpine Inn. It's a short 15min walk to the inside of Disneyland and restaurants. 7-11 on the corner. Our non smoking room was clean and well taken care of. We had a king size bed and we slept soundly for the 3 nights we were there. FREE Parking! I would highly recommend this motel to my family and friends. Staff was friendly and I was told they are getting new furniture and bedding in the new year. It will only make this place even better. I didn't use the pool but we checked it out and it was heated and clean. What a great value for the money. Larger nearby hotels were a lot more expensive, charged a daily fee for parking and were not rated as well as this place. Nearby restaurants within walking distance are Ihop (expensive and not very good) Millie's (our personal favorite for breakfast and cheaper than Ihop) Mimi Cafe, McDonald's,Subway. Outback, Chevy's,Red Robin, Bucca de Beppo and Morton's Steak house were all about 5mins away by car.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,013)

Reviewed October 29, 2009

For our annual "go all out" family vacation this year, we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. When I saw the pictures of Disneyland at Halloween time, we just had to go one more time, but not on the "go all out" price. So, I did some research on where we could stay for less, but still be close. I decided on Alpine Inn due to the reviews. I knew what to expect because of the reviews and the price we paid (about $140 for two nights). For the money, I couldn't have been happier. Clean, safe environment, close to restaurants, and most of all within a short walking distance to Disneyland. I have to admit I was surprised when I saw the continental breakfast. I must have missed the reviews for this part. Packaged pastries and tiny cups for bland coffee and OJ. But, 7-11 is just up the street if you want more.

The beds were a bit small for two adults, but then again I sleep on a King at home. We had two little ones with us so we each took one kid and one bed. Plenty of room to sleep this way. I also felt the beds were comfortable enough. You're tired anyway and will sleep well.

If you're looking for an inexpensive, but nice place to stay then this is it.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2009

Disneyland is offering FREE admission in 2009 on your birthday so I treated myself to a birthday jamboree! I read reviews on the Alpine Inn with most favorable. This is the only motel close to Disneyland (an easy 10 minute walk) with the BEST rates! I paid $75 when others wanted $120 plus per night.

My room had two queen beds, one I used to spread out my gear, new 27 inch television set I hooked my portable DVD player to. The bathroom very nice with full tub and shower. The small dressing area adequate with hair dryer, sink basin, coffee maker, rod to hang clothes on, small microwave and fridge. I brought my own frozen meals to save on expense of eating out. Watch out for popcorn though...mine burned and thankfully did not set off the smoke alarm! Alpine Inn offers Continental breakfast but it is just packets of coffee and chocolate to mix with hot water, packaged pastries and brownies. Fresh fruit would be nice.

I must say my experience pleasant and I highly recommend. The rooms are very clean and neat, motel personnel friendly and helpful, front office staff excellent and personable. The parking lot is small though. There is also a small swimming pool to cool off on hot days.

If you want no-frills clean inexpensive lodging while visiting Disneyland, Alpine Inn is the place to stay!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 25, 2009

For the location and price we were VERY HAPPY here. It is on the same "block" as Disneyland. So we walked to Disneyland from here. The hotel staff were helpful. You can use the computer in the office but the print outs cost 25 cents each. It is nice to be able to print out your boarding pass, if you came on an airplane. The room was clean and came with a microwave and nice refriderator. On the corner was a 7-11 with sandwiches, cereal, milk, fresh fruit and just about everything else you could want. There were also other little souvenir shops, a Subway, Chinese Panda take out place etc that you could walk to.

The #50 city bus runs right in front of the hotel (you catch it on the corner of Harbor). We took the bus to the Amtrak train and rode the train to downtown Los Angeles to see Grand Central Station, Olvera Street, Chinatown etc. I just didn't want to drive down there. This worked really well for us. If you do this, you catch the #50 bus on the opposite side of the street from the motel.

We considered the area safe and with the low price, we will return not only for Disneyland but to use as a central "home base" for going to other places in southern California. The motel also offers free parking and has a swimming pool (we didn't use but it looked nice and clean).

Downside?? My travel companion said the coffee was "terrible"!! Both the individual pack they give you for the room and the stuff they brew in the morning. So if you like coffee, bring your own or buy at 7-11 (not great but acceptable). Don't expect much of the free continental breakfast. The breakfast rolls/sweet treats are individually packaged and there were envelopes of hot chocolate and tea. There is a little orange juice but I didn't see any fresh fruit, milk or cereal. So you will probably have to plan something else for breakfast. We bought milk and individually packaged cereal at the 7-11 and it worked OK.

This motel has a first and second floor. If you have lots of luggage and don't want to be hauling it up steps (no elevator) you should probably request a first floor room. All things considered we will be back. Other hotels are nicer and have better breakfasts but they are also double the price.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank AmberAnn
Reviewed October 23, 2009

We stayed at the Alpine Inn on Oct 19th " My Birthday"....YEAH!!!! and had a great stay. The service was friendly and professional, the room was clean and VERY VERY quiet and the price could not be beat, $59.00 per night. We walked to Disneyland and I clocked it at 12 minutes 48 seconds at a moderate pace. Go to the Alpine and save your money for the Disney parks.....you'll need it! LOL

2  Thank PalmSpringsOrbits
Reviewed October 20, 2009

We stayed at the Alpine Inn for 2 nights, and unusually we chose it because of the Angels stadium proximity.
The motel exceeded our expectation: very friendly front desk, restaurants and bars within walking distance, bus to the stadium, free internet, and a nice little swimming pool.
As for the rooms, well, this is a motel! You get what it says on the tin! It was clean, big, and had all the basics. Considering the price, not sure what else you can ask for!
If I stay in Anaheim again, I'll stay there.

Reviewed October 11, 2009

My boyfriend and I came here for a visit to Disneyland, and two nights came out to about $140 plus taxes. You can't beat the prices for such a close (10-15 min walking) location to the resort. On busy days, Disney might operate the trams (head towards Convention center, take a right in the first entrance you encounter and wait for the tram which will take you straight to the Disneyland entrance). We received wonderfully friendly and hospitable service from both staff members we encountered checking in and checking out. They happily stored our luggage while we went to the parks.

The room, however, left something to be desired. My boyfriend commented the towels were thin and scratchy, and I noted a little mold on the sink faucet. Our showerhead was a little broken, but still serviceable. The bed was comfortable enough--then again, after an exhausting day at the parks we could've probably slept on rocks. Alas, the walls were the most paper-thin I've ever encountered, and even in a dead sleep we were awakened every morning with the sounds of our neighbors' every movement. We knew exactly when they were using their sinks or shower or opening their doors or talking. Haha STILL, the prices were beyond affordable. Honestly, for the price it was fine. We knew we had to put up with a few things so we were amused rather than irritated with those minor hiccups. However, if it'd been a special occasion or if we'd been going for a more luxurious feel to our vacation, we would've paid extra for a nicer place (I've enjoyed Candy Cane Inn, Doubletree, and Fairfield Inn by Marriott). Hope this helps my fellow travelers! I've appreciated all the reviews on hotels in this area when making my hotel decisions.

1  Thank JosephineGia