Alpine Inn
Cancelon
$200
Hotelpower.com
1,073 results
All reviewsminute walkroom was cleanpackaged muffinsconvention centerfree parkingwithin walking distancecontinental breakfastfridge and microwavecalifornia adventureacross the streetstay there againparking lotnear disneylandvisiting disneylanddisneyland entrancedisney parksmain gate
Reviewed July 20, 2013

For me, cleanliness greatly impacts my experience. My family and I drove a long way for a trip to Disneyland. Arriving late in the night, we planned to get a good night's sleep, for an early morning start. We were all excited to see how remarkably close Alpine Inn is to Disneyland. Unfortunately, my excitement quickly dissipated upon pulling back the top sheet of the bed to find some ambiguous splatter substance stained on the fitted sheet. Pulling the top sheet back more, to replace the soiled fitted sheet with a clean one from the office, I found hair in the bed.

I tried to move pass the dirty bed, and not let it get to me, but each place I moved to greeted me with more hair, all different colors and textures, from appearance. Hair in the refrigerator, hair in the ice bucket, hair in the bath towels.

If I had to do it again, I'd pay more money for a cleaner hotel. If cleanliness matters to you, I don't recommend Alpine Inn.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Raretreat
SpeediousMom, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your honest review and would like to apologize to you for this experience. I have since called a staff meeting with all of my housekeeping personnels. To start with laundry staffs, the new procedure is to examine the sheets and towel to make sure it is clean and in nice conditions. Secondly, the cleaning staffs will pay attention to make sure the sheets and towels are clean and hair free in all rooms. Thus, we can prevent this from happening again. If I may, I would like to invite you back to visit us again to a nice and clean room. Should you decide to do so, please call me personally. Thank you.

Judy Pao for Alpine Inn

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Close enough to push our daughter to Disneyland in a stroller and walk home tired that night! Very clean, older on the outside but definitely remodeled inside. So quaint and cute. You can hear the fireworks at night! Not enough to wake you up though ;)

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Leannered
SpeediousMom, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind review. With location right behind the California Adventure Park, our guests can walk into the Disneyland parks. When you visit us the next time, you will see the new carpeting and 37" brand new LCD color TV in all of our rooms. Please do come visit us again. Thank you again.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Rooms are your basic hotel rooms, nothing fancy--if you're looking for luxury, this is not for you; if you're looking for a good place to stay near Disneyland at a great price, than this is for you. Beds and bedding are clean and very comfy, lots of pillows! Carpets are a bit dirty, but we wore our flip-flops and it was no big deal. There is a mini-fridge & microwave in the room, which was very convenient for preparing our own meals. They offer packaged muffins, doughnuts, etc. for breakfast and some beverages (hot/cold). We always went to Denny's on our way to Disneyland for a full breakfast. Parking is free, a plus for us since we had a rental. The pool is small, but clean and nice for taking a dip. The staff was very helpful, printed our tickets for Disney & San Diego Zoo and let us check-out later on the day we left.
Disneyland Travelers: This hotel is right next to a Disneyland gate to the parking lot, but unfortunately it was closed the whole week that we were visiting. It's about a 5-10 min walk to the main gate.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank verkab
SpeediousMom, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your kind review. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable rooms with amenities such as microwave, mini frig, in room coffee make, iron, ironing board, color LCD TV with premium cable, free wifi and parking.

On the issue of carpeting, we have installed new carpet in over 60% of our rooms and will complete by the end of summer. Even without flip flop, you can walk comfortablely.

You are correct that we are located directly next to the Disneyland south entrance. We are talking to them and hope that the gate will be permantely open for the convenience of our guests. Since it is the decision of Disney, we will continue to negotiate.

Again, thank you and look forward to serving you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We realized that this Is a modest hotel so didn't expect too much, but can't recommend it. Unless you can sleep with light pouring in through shutters (no blackout curtains, so light came through the slats). Also had filthy carpet, which mgr at first offered to have cleaned but later in the day said it couldn't be done and instead offered to move us. Traveling with a child and already being settled into the room for 1.5 days made us say no to the move, because there was no guarantee that the light wouldn't still pour into another room. Front desk was nice, except mgr, who was not sympathetic and refused to lower the room rate (of $110/night with military discount) or compensate in any way.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are said (by manager) to have cleaner carpets. Be sure your window isn't next to a hallway light or light will pour into your room at night.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Victoria S
SpeediousMom, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear guest,

I am so sorry that your stay with us was unpleasant. We recently installed the wood shutter to update our rooms for a modern look and was assured that it would block outside light. I will search for a solution to resolve this.

In regard to carpeting, we have installed new carpeti in all of the downstairs rooms and will install the upstairs rooms after summer. To ensure the cleaniness of the carpet, we are washing the parkinging twice a week.

In couple of weeks, we will have brand new LCD flatscreen TVs in all rooms. I sincerely would like to invice you back and give us another chance. Please call me directly and I will assist you with reservation.

Thank you for your honst review and we will do our best to remedy the issues.

Manager of Alpine Inn.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Rooms were clean. Short walk to Disneyland. The room was right behind California Adventures. The noise was very minimal in the room. We will definitely stay again the next time we go. Best value we could find by a long shot.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Bigdogwil

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind review, I am happy to learn that you had a good stay with us while visiting Disneyland. Please do remember to visit us during your next stay.

WArmest regards,