“Sometimes value isn't enough”
Review of Alpine Inn

Alpine Inn
Ranked #9 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We realized that this Is a modest hotel so didn't expect too much, but can't recommend it. Unless you can sleep with light pouring in through shutters (no blackout curtains, so light came through the slats). Also had filthy carpet, which mgr at first offered to have cleaned but later in the day said it couldn't be done and instead offered to move us. Traveling with a child and already being settled into the room for 1.5 days made us say no to the move, because there was no guarantee that the light wouldn't still pour into another room. Front desk was nice, except mgr, who was not sympathetic and refused to lower the room rate (of $110/night with military discount) or compensate in any way.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are said (by manager) to have cleaner carpets. Be sure your window isn't next t...
1  Thank Victoria S
SpeediousMom, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear guest,

I am so sorry that your stay with us was unpleasant. We recently installed the wood shutter to update our rooms for a modern look and was assured that it would block outside light. I will search for a solution to resolve this.

In regard to carpeting, we have installed new carpeti in all of the downstairs rooms and will install the upstairs rooms after summer. To ensure the cleaniness of the carpet, we are washing the parkinging twice a week.

In couple of weeks, we will have brand new LCD flatscreen TVs in all rooms. I sincerely would like to invice you back and give us another chance. Please call me directly and I will assist you with reservation.

Thank you for your honst review and we will do our best to remedy the issues.

Manager of Alpine Inn.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Rooms were clean. Short walk to Disneyland. The room was right behind California Adventures. The noise was very minimal in the room. We will definitely stay again the next time we go. Best value we could find by a long shot.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Bigdogwil

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind review, I am happy to learn that you had a good stay with us while visiting Disneyland. Please do remember to visit us during your next stay.

WArmest regards,

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We booked this hotel back in early Feb for our June vacation due to proximity, price and decent reviews. About a week prior to our stay I noticed the rates had dropped just over $20 per night from the reserved rates, and with a four night stay, that would have been significant savings. I contacted them twice to find out if they honored price drops. I was never contacted back, even just to be told no. I was beginning to have my doubts even before checking in. I'm disappointed in the lack of customer service, and that was the ultimate selling point in our decision to switch hotels just before check in when we were able to secure the same rate at a closer and comparable hotel. I wish I 'd had the opportunity to provide a real review of the stay I was so looking forward to for the last four months. I won't be considering them next time around.

3  Thank MsD6206

Dear guest,

I would like to apologize to you for the experience and disappointment with my staffs for their way of heandling this matter. At Alpine Inn, we strive to provide the best customer service and have certainly failed in your case.

I would like to invite you back to visit us the next time your visit Disneyland. Please call me personally and I will do my best to make your visit memorable.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed at Alpine Inn for two nights mid week before Memorial Day Weekend. I found a great deal online website for $80 per night. We had two adjoining rooms on the ground floor. We didn't use the pool, but did eat the breakfast. Breakfast is very simple, just snack breakfast cakes, fruit, and coffee/juice. The rooms seemed clean, not badly dated either, and I felt safe staying in this hotel. It is literally on the corner of California adventure. It was a little bit of a walk to get to Disneyland, but not bad, and definitely saved the cost of parking at the park. Closer than many of the other hotel property's even those associated with Disneyland.

Room Tip: When I called to make a reservation, they couldn't give me the same deal I had online. So defin...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
SpeediousMom, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving us the comment of your stay. We strive to keep our rate competitive and still provide great serevice.

In the case of rate, please check both the hotel and internet for the best deal. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you the next time you visit Anaheim.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Lets get the not so good out of the way first. Parking was absolutely chaos. If you have a large vehicle, good luck with manuevering around the parking area. We were lucky that we spent 3 days at Disneyland and walked, but the one day we we left the facility upon return it was mayhem. The evening staff needs to provide better customer service. It was as if we were putting him out when we asked questions. Even on the morning we left, there was not a thank you or come back soon. That was dissappointing.
The room was large enough and very clean. The remote was really cool (first time I have seen one like that). I had to adjust the setting on the refridgerator, but once the temp was set all was well. For the amount of people at the location, it was pleasantly quiet. The pool was clean and well maintained.
Our room was clean each night we returned.
If not for the parking and ho hum customer service, I would rate much higher.

Room Tip: If possible once you park your car dont move it. Plan on going out for breakfast as the selection i...
2  Thank Gary J

Dear guest,

Please accept my apology for my staffs lack of courteous service.

I must admit that our parking is tight. At your next visit, please let the front desk staffs know before removing your car off the lot for the day, we will be more than happy to block the space for you.

Thank you for your review and it will help us to better service during your next stay.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was our third time at the Alpine Inn and it remains our hotel of choice when it comes to visiting Disneyland.

There are now shutters in the room - they look great and prevent light from entering the room. We stayed elsewhere (chain) in Orange County the night before we came to Disney and I can truly say that Alpine Inn won in a side by side comparison. Plenty of towels, clean sheets and space.

We traveled with a toddler this time and we will be returning the next time we come to Disneyland.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind review and I am pleased to learn that you are one of our regulars. Next time when you visit us, your room will have new LCD TV, carpet and wall decors for your enjoyment.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We decided to choose the Alpine Inn in Anaheim, CA because of many of the positive reviews read on Trip Advisor. We had a great experience at this hotel. It was within walking distance of Disneyland. The rooms were very clean. The free parking, room refrigerator and free breakfast were added bonuses. In addition to the great facility the customer service was excellent. The front desk clerks knew our names and greeted us each morning. Also, upon arriving home, we realized that our son had forgotten his souvenir from Disneyland. I tried calling the theme park to order a new one but had no luck. I thought it was a long shot, but I called the hotel manager and asked if they had found the toy. A few days later I received a call that my son's item was in the mail. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel. The staff does an excellent job of making you feel at home.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear guest,

I am so pleased to know that you had a great stay with us while visiting Disneyland, The Happiest Place on Earth. We are glad that we were able to make your stay comfortable and restful. Please do visit us again.