“good location, but front desk not helpful”
Review of Alpine Inn

Alpine Inn
Ranked #9 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
switzerland
“good location, but front desk not helpful”
Reviewed April 15, 2008

It is said to be located near the Disneyland entrance, which is not true, it is near the shuttle which takes you to the Disneyland entrance. We always walked to the entrance, and it doesn't take long, about 10 minutes, but if you have small children in the evening the 10 min walking might seem longer. The girl at the front desk was not very helpful, almost rude .Every time we asked something it seemed that we were asking for the moon.
The place is a bit shabby, but we didn't hear any noises, and we were able to sleep well.

• Liked — not noisy
  • Disliked — front desk
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank francesca64

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed February 18, 2008

This place is a dive.... squeaky old beds, dirty carpet, bottom floors face a brick wall. Its location is great and they used to have rooms at around $50 which made it somewhat more tolerable. Now they have raised their rates, but not because they remodeled or made any improvements... used to stay here when I was on a tighter budget, but they rates are now not worth it at all.

Stayed September 2007
2 Thank Keston O
Reviewed January 27, 2008

While certainly not a luxury property, the Alpine Inn filled all of our needs and was exactly what I expected for a small Motel. The rooms were decently sized, as was the bathroom. It was clean, well-kept, reasonably priced for the area, (We paid about $80 for a double) and the staff was pleasant and helpful. Just down from the property was the walkway to Disneyland so it was nice to have a place so close to come back to after a very long day walking around an amusement park. We had an upper room and I found the room to be quiet, I couldn't hear the neighbors or their TV.

I'm amused that some reviewers complain that the continental breakfast actually consisted of typical continental breakfast items--that is, coffee and light pastries. (I can only chalk that up to ignorance of what a continental breakfast actually is) But there are lots of coffee shops within walking distance if one has to have a full-blown breakfast meal.

All in all it was a very good choice for our stay and we'd stay again.

Stayed July 2007
2 Thank ktfaye
Oregon
Reviewed January 22, 2008

It was way over-priced, charged for local phone calls, the staff was somewhat discourteous and "couldn't care less" since they're going to fill up for the convention anyway. The accommodations are of the level one might expect for $45-50/night, but no way will we ever stay there again - especially at $100/night or more!!!

• Liked — Leaving it
  • Disliked — The attitude of the desk people and the price.
  • Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank rrovers
Utah
Reviewed December 14, 2007

I read lots of reviews and this hotel had a lot of good reviews so I booked a 4 night stay. For such high reviews, I was very disappointed. There were bugs in our room. My husbands says they were small cockroaches. It wasn't very clean and it seemed run down. The continental breakfast consisted of small danishes. I hope that it has improved since our stay. I hate giving bad reviews., but I don't want people to go there and be disappointed like I was.

• Disliked — The bugs!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank UtahMommy
Leduc, Canada
Reviewed December 13, 2007

We stayed in this hotel for a week at Halloween. It is alright for the price-not ritzy,but not terrible. The rooms are clean and fairly spacious and the pool is a good size,but cold. The staff were also pretty good -except for the fact that they locked us out of our room one night. We had to pay in cash for the room because our debit cards did not work down there,and we hadn't payed the whole fee upfront(we didn't know we had to) so they locked us out of our room until we paid!! I have never encountered this before on any of our travels. What a shock that is when you are tired and hungry from being all day in Disneyland. I am not sure that I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank swellmomma30
Nevada
Reviewed November 30, 2007

The hotel itself was in good condition. The staff was very accomodating since we got there at 230am and found us a vacant room, even walked out to the room to make sure it was clean and ready for guests.

THE BAD: The beds were VERY VERY HARD! It was like sleeping on concrete! I am not a small person and the mattress did not budge when I fell onto it. The shower was the worst! The water came out in a weird stream. The TV only had like 4 channels and the clock was blinking NONSTOP! We actually covered it up because it kept us awake! People said it was a very short walk to the Main Entrance, well that is partly true. It is a 15 minute walk at a relaxed pace to the Lion King parking lot tram, then you ride the tram in. In the morning, that is okay, but at night after a day of treking all over 2 parks, it is quite a hike! The parking lot is TINY!!!! Not nearly enough spaces to accomodate the number of rooms. I had to park along side the pool and PRAY that nobody hit me!

If you are only looking for a cheap hotel to stay in, I would look for one closer. There are more 2 star hotels that are much closer for the same price.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Hard Hard Hard Beds!!! Terrible Shower!!!!
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends