“A Classic Disneyland Motel ...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alpine Inn

Alpine Inn
Ranked #9 of 117 Hotels in Anaheim
Lessines
“A Classic Disneyland Motel ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Located just beyond the Mountain Range from Radiator Springs, it's the perfect motel to experience Disneyland .
It is almost an original motel , it was built in the late 50's ...
There is very light complimentary breakfast, coffee , fruitjuice and some pre packed muffins, waffles , etc ... just enough to kick off your day ...
I checked in around noon without any problem, left the car on the parking and ran to Disneyland !
I stayed for 5 nights , the only thing i didn't have the time to enjoy was the pool , opening time was almost the same as the parks.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank PhilippeP
SpeediousMom, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear guest,

I am so glad that you find our property to be different from all the big boxes properties in the area. We would like to keep the friendly setting, cleans rooms and affordable price. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comment and we look forward to seeing you the next time you visit this area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ogden, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

This Hotel was a pleasant surprise. We have driven past it for years and didn't even think about staying there however they had good rates when we went so we thought we would try it. It looks old from the outside but the rooms were nice. The floors had some creeks but heck I'm old and I creek too! I will stay there again if given the chance. They have free parking which is nice. Thanks for making it a good trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank 811karen3
SpeediousMom, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear guest, I am so glad that you have decided to stop in and gave us a try on your last visit to Disneyland. You are correct that many of our guests were surprise after checking out our rooms. Afforddable price, clean room, personal attention and great service set us apart from many of the larger properties in the area. Thank you again for the opportunity to serving you and look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Delta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

We were recently on a road trip from Vancouver, BC and used Trip Advisor to find a place to stay near Disneyland. We have been to Disneyland quite a few times over the last 35 years and find it hard to be in California and not go to Disneyland. We were planning to only go for 1 day so we needed a hotel for 2 nights. Alpine Inn had quite good reviews and was very reasonable for Disneyland area. We were pleanantly surprised with our room. Very clean and well equiped with a fridge and microwave. Not fancy but it was nice. Free parking and a 12 minute walk from door to Disneyland gate. We would stay there again and would recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie N
SpeediousMom, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear guest, I am so glad that we are able to accommodate you on your trip to California and Disneyland, Thank you for your kind comment and we strive to provide the best service at affordable price to all our guests at this difficult economically time. I hope to see you on your next trip to California.
Lodi, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

My family of 4 stayed at this motel in October. We had a very last minute opportunity to go to Disneyland & they still had availability. We appreciated the free parking, microwave & refrigerator. The room was clean upon arrival, and cleaned well daily. It's not a fancy place, but we just needed a nightly home-base. We brought a stroller for the 5 year old, but the 9 year old handled the 15 min. walk easily. It's convenient to pass a 7-11 each day too!
Breakfast at the motel is just packaged carbs, but we had brought breakfast so our kids could start the day early & well fed. For $90/night, it was a pretty good deal.

1 Thank 3Adventurers
SpeediousMom, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Hello guest,

I appreciate your business and thank you for choosing us for your last minute decision to visit Disneyland. On the issue of breakfast, I will look into our current offering and see how I can add healthier choices. Thank you again and I look forward to seving again in the future.

Best regars, Judy Pao
Goodyear, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Was going to book a package deal from triple AAA but found based on yelp and tripadvisor many of the motels near disney were very low rated. Went to tripadvisor and found the alpine inn and decided to take a chance, based on the many positive reviews. Yes the property is a bit old, and yes the breakfast was just some granola bars and juice, but other than that what a nice little motel. The room was clean, the ac worked great and we slept like babies. The staff at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. We are New Yorkers originally and like to walk so we found the 15 minute walk to Disney quite pleasant. Yeah there are probably motels slightly closer and some may have a shuttle, but we like to walk and found the 15 minute walk easy and did it all three nights there and back. I also found the motel very easily off the highway and could always easily drive to the local Crossfit Anaheim West to get a WOD in before the all day and night disney thing. Only suggestion I would make is for the hotel to maybe add an additional dead bolt to the door for extra security. I would definetely stay here again and would recommend this motel to my friends.

2 Thank L Craig O
SpeediousMom, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind review, Since your departure, we have installed wood shutter in all of the rooms thus the rooms look a lot more modern, cleaner and spacious. Also, we are planning to install new carpet in the near future. I truly look forward to having you visit us again. Thank you.

Best regards, Judy Pao
Trento, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Hi,

I was supposed to stay in this hotel starting tomorrow, for a conference taking place in Disneyland Hotel. I did my reservation more than 2 months ago, for a very good price of US $85 after taxes!

However, just about 40min ago, I received an e-mail from them telling me that my reservation was CANCELED, with NO EXPLANATION WHATSOEVER. The very minute I received the e-mail I called them, and the guy that answered could just tell me that my card was rejected and thus "the system" automatically canceled my reservation. I argued a little bit, saying that the card used was a company card that for sure was good to be charged, but trying to solve my problem quickly, I just asked what solution could he offer me, given the situation.

He simply put me on hold, and then came back saying that he couldn't do anything, as the hotel was fully booked and with a long waiting list, and therefore I had no more room...

Do I need to say anything else to convince you not to book with this hotel? For me it is quite clear that many people were looking for rooms for the conference, and had made reservations with much higher rates, and so they just cut me off.

Even if by some problem with the card company or something the card was really rejected, an hotel with good service should try to contact you before simply cancelling the reservation!

Anyway, now I need to spend much more to stay somewhere else...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank banvetor
SpeediousMom, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear guest,

I am sorry that the incident happened. However I need to explain our reservation policy. It is 48 hours prior to the arrival, we authorize the first night plus tax on the credit card in our system. Without an authorization, the reservation is not honored at the property. However, we always give the guest a courtesy call or email. In your case, we do not a contact phone number and an email was sent.

This property is one of the original property in the Disney Resort area. We have been around for a long time and do not cancel any reservation for no reason. I like to apologize for this bad experience and hope you can give us another chance the next time you visit Anaheim. Please contact me personally at 714-535-2186 and I will do my best to assist you.

Best regards, Judy Pao
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

My sister and I had a great stay at the Alpine Inn at Anahiem CA. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We were pleased to see a microwave, fridge and coffee maker in the room. The walk to Disneyland was an easy 15 minutes. We stayed until the park was closed and still felt safe walking back to the Inn. The front desk help were very friendly and helpful with our questions.

SpeediousMom, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to leave us your kind comment. I am glad that you felt safe while visiting Disneyland Resort. We all have to thank the Disney security and the Anaheim Police. I am very fortunate to have the best staffs working in the office and cleaning the rooms. All of them put their personal care into this property. Providing best service and clean room are our top proprity. I hope to see you and your sister on your next trip to Anaheim and thank you again for the comment.