“A Great Place to Stay when Going to Disneyland”

Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort
Ranked #28 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Modesto, California
“A Great Place to Stay when Going to Disneyland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2010

We have stayed in several hotels in the area, but I think we will be returning to the Fairfield Marriott next time. We were treated as first class guests. We were given an upgrade to a "Pirate Suite", which pretty much consisted of a regular room of 2 queens plus an adjoining room that was decorated with PIrates of Caribbean deco. We had a room that faced the park and were able to watch the fireworks from the room. There is no continental breakfast offered, but there is a fridge in the room, so we brought cereals, milk, boiled eggs, and yogurt and were very satisfied. There was no table in our room. I am not sure if that is standard, but I used the table cloth I was going to put on the table and made it a picnic on the floor for the kids. The on-site parking was valuable for the piece of mind. We noticed a security guard that was walking around the parking lot. You are supposed to move your car by 3 p.m. on your check out day, but we asked if we could extend it so that we could stay at Disney until closing (8 p.m.), and that was not a problem. The hotel is surrounded by restaurants: Mimi's, Millie's, McDonald's, there's even a Pizza Hut inside the hotel, but we never went to check it out. I would most definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Erin M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
sacramento,ca
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2010

Upon arriving at the hotel we were giving our room we unloaded and headed over to Disneyland. We arrived Feb. 14th. Around 9:30 we started getting obscene phone calls we alerted the office and they said that they couldn't do anything but offered us to switch rooms we declined that offer. We received these phone calls until 2:30 am. It was somebody in the hotel telling me I ordered room service and when I said I didn't they would start with foul language this went on for 2 days with the phone calls going all day and night. I took the phone off the hook and he left messages. After 2 days of this we asked to speak to a manager and the security said that he was the manager (yeah right). Finally supposedley got a manager and complained again we could change rooms I told them to just block phone calls.
We left on Feb. 20 and to my surprise I checked my bank account and on Feb. 21 there waa $200.00 taken out at one bank and then another $300.00 at another bank somewhere in East L.A. The hotel had my credit information and new the day we left. I hope I'm wrong but I feel there was someone at the hotel who took advantage of our information and used our credit card. The bank is investigating it so I'm not for sure but I'm very suspicious.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank joycesacramento
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2010

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised how nice this hotel was. I had stayed in other locations around Disneyland that were not as pleasant as this experience (ie ants crawling on the walls, etc.) It's always hard to find a reasonably priced hotel but with all the amenities you would need to enjoy your day at Disneyland other than staying at a Disney hotel which can be a bit pricey. The location is amazing. It's literally two blocks away and you are at Disneyland.

The hotel room is no 4 star, but it is comfortable and has all the amenities that you need. They even offer water with lemon in the lobby. I had a lovely view of the park which you could see Space Mountain and a hint of Sleeping Beauty's castle.

Overall, the price and the location makes this place hard to beat.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
lompoc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2010

My daughter's 7th birthday. We were on a tight budget. She was so exicited about Disneyland. When we checked into the hotel my daughter proudly annouced that she was turning 7. The front desk clerk said they had the magical room just for 7 year old girls.

IT WAS AWESOME - she had her own princess bed and TV in the room. It was amazing. She was screaming, laughing, and jumping up and down when she saw the room.

Thank you Fairfield Inn - it was a birthday she will NEVER forget!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Edmonton Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2010

Stayed there December 15 - 21, 2009. We had an awesome time!!! Staff very pleasant, the room we stayed in was very clean. Save your cash and stay outside the park. Our kids are 8 and 14. It was a 5 minute walk to the park entrance. We're not experienced travellers.
We are from Edmonton, Alberta Canada. I'd have no problem recommending the Fairfield to Friends and Family.

Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2010

This Hotel was one of the best we have ever stayed at! There was a inexpensive Pizza Hut on the 3rd floor, a market, a beautiful spa/pool area and clean rooms! This Hotel would be perfect if you were going to Disneyland or just for leasure! We would strongly reccommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
Shawnigan Lake, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2010

Great location Mimis's was right next door and we went there every day for breakfast and once for dinner, good food at cheap prices.

Fairfield Inn. we decided to stay here as all of our other choices, Shereton Anaheim at the Park, Candy Cane inn, Hojo's were all booked. We had an upper level Park View room.we had a great view of the Sunwheel of death (my own endearment for this ride) and must say i love how DCA is lit up at night.

Checked in at about 4 and check in was quick and easy. Room was a king bed (I thought the bed was way too hard but ny husband loved it) with sofa ....the rooms was clean but very dated. TV was beyond small and must have been about 10 years old. That said, we weren't there to watch much TV but it was just a surprise to see such an old small TV in a hotel room.

I like having the sink outside of the shower area and liked the shower....except that the shower head was mounted half way down the wall....I am 5"7 and it was really hard to wash my hair, I kept on having to bend almost backwards.

Housekeeping did a great job cleaning up our room one day we came back a t 3;30 and it hadn't been done yet, we were leaving the next day so we asked for clean towels, it was all fine. Later we got a call from front desk saying there was a note Housekeeping had not got to our room and did we want it cleaned?? Nice to see they were on top of it.

We paid $149 a night and for the price it was fine, I don't think I would rush back here if my other choices were available. The free High speed internet was actually one very old very slow computer in the main lobby, we had to laugh.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple