Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Resort
$739
$651
Cancelon
2,274 results
All reviewspizza hutthird floorpanera breadacross the streetparking lotthemed roomsminute walkmimi's cafefloor facingwould stay here againspace mountaindisneyland entrancemain gateright next doorpark viewvisiting disneylandgreat view of the fireworks
Reviewed January 20, 2009

I stayed here for local business for 3 days. My room was on the top (9th) floor at the back of the hotel facing the freeway. The room was more than adequate with plenty of room. Comfortable bed and pillows, good shower with lots of hot water, nice clean room interior with chairs, desk, and table, etc, etc. Freeway noise with the door closed was minimal. a/c heater when running (it works good) helps to limit that noise as well. There was no noticeable noise from the rooms on either side of me (except when their room doors closed). Either they were very quiet people, or there is good insulation in the walls. I did appreciate that quietness. Four elevators were available in the lobby to take to the top floor and moved very efficiently all the time. Good lobby amenities including complimentary cold flavored water beverages. Staff was very friendly, helpful, and efficient, and attentive. I was impressed. McDonald's was right next door and serves a good, inexpensive breakfast which I had a couple of times. The hotel does not have a complimentary breakfast, but that's fine with me. A variety of popular restaurants and fast food places are nearby. Disneyland entrance is within a 2-3 minute walk from hotel. I walked somewhat further to the convention center which was fine.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank TAPGlendale
Reviewed January 12, 2009

My husband, toddler daughter, and I stayed at the Anaheim Fairfield Inn in January during our visit to Disneyland. I had done much research on the hotels in the area, and found the Fairfield to have all the requirements we needed and the proximity to the parks I desired.
We arrived before check-in, but were allowed to go to our room, which was wonderful since my daughter needed a nap. The front desk was efficient and amiable, and answered all of my questions about the area. We had a lower-level room, which proved to be a bonus when the parks closed and the craziness started on the upper floors. We did go to the top floor to take in the view, and realized just how close we were to the parks and saw how wonderful the view of the fireworks would be at night.
Upon check-in, we received a coupon for the Pizza Hut on the third floor, which made dinner that first night simple and easy. We walked over to Downtown Disney the first night, and were amazed at how quick the walk was -- 10 minutes pushing a stroller and stopping to take pictures, less to get to the gates of the park!
The hotel has a convenient shoppette selling traveler necessities and Disney souvenirs. They did not have diapers, but the clerk at the shop gave me directions (both driving and mass transit) to the nearest Target (only 2 miles south), which proved to be a blessing! I was able to stock up on muffins, yogurt, and milk for breakfast, and keep it all in the mini fridge in the room.
Many reviews complain that the hotel isn't classy enough, or doesn't offer enough amenities, but we found it to be perfect for our needs. The room was huge -- a King bed, couch, desk, and crib all fit with ample walking space -- and the free internet and parking were wonderful perks! Also, there is a McDonald's and Millie's (like Denny's) in the parking lot of the hotel, which allowed for convenient meals after walking the parks all day. We didn't use the pools, but saw many kids enjoying the water, and observed security helping to contain all the enthusiasm from the excited youngsters throughout the day and night.

Overall, the Fairfield was exactly what we wanted and I feel was a better value than a hotel on property. We ate a character meal at the Disneyland Hotel and found the walk to the parks LONGER from there than from the Fairfield. I also enjoyed having multiple meal options within walking distance of the hotel - Millie's, McDonald's, Tony Roma's, IHOP, and several other choices... it helped keep the costs down and provided a great alternative to park faire.
The rooms are comfortable, the staff helpful, and the location can't be beat! If we make it back to Disneyland, I plan on visiting again!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank dimndgal1
Reviewed December 23, 2008

My Family stayed at the Farifield Inn for 9 nights. The front desk staff were great and check in and check out were uneventful. Our room was okay. It would've been nice to have a microwave though but it did have a fridge which was handy. Great pizza from pizza hut. Mimi's restaurant was close and very good meal and value. The last day we were there I left my camera (with all our holiday pictures) behind in the hotel room with all our shopping bags - I wasn't worried - I had it hidden with my coat etc. Was I wrong! I know my camera was left on the dresser under my stuff and I am positive the door was shut tight (I am very obsessive about doors and locks) When we got back to our room the camera was gone. We searched, unpacked, repacked and no camera. Loss prevention staff (or security as I call them) had the audacity to tell me I probably left it somewhere else and he proceeded to tell me about when he left his wallet behind and at home and thought he'd lost it. I had already checked everywhere else before I reported it missing as I did not want to make a false accusation but, I had consciously taken it out of my bag and left it in the room - not out in the open either! I feel very violated since someone went through my things. I am especially upset that all our family vacation photos were lost on the memory card.

• Stayed: December 2008
6  Thank zoocrew
Reviewed December 22, 2008

I booked three rooms for my family and the prices weren't bad at all.
bad notes: The towels were horrible, beds were like rocks and the shower head was the worst. the walls were paper thin, don't even try to sleep in (if you were planning on going to the park later).
good notes: very close to the park (1-2 blocks tops), good gift/general store, late check out (noon).
all in all, we would stay there again, but maybe bring our own towels, and ear plugs.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank ericarrie
Reviewed December 12, 2008

Overview: We visited the Fairfiled Inn in September. We were able to book two rooms that were connected. We came with our three girls and friends and thier kids. We were on the top floor with a great view of the park.

Pool: The first day we got there we were able to go down to the pool and play. The kids loved this. They were a little disappointed about not going to Disneyland right away, but got over it quickly. They loved the pool. It is a good size. I could see in the summer months gettting a little crowded but it was perfect for us. They have towels there for just pool use. The hot tub was very relaxing.

Room: The room are nice and always clean. I like how the chair turns into a small sized bed. We always have to get a rollaway for one of our girls and this was perfect for us and our friends. The mini fridge is great and the storage below and to the side of the vanity was great for our groceries.

Food: Since there was no continental breakfast we found a grocery store and got some breakfast items. The girls loved the oatmeal that I was able to make with the hot water from the coffee maker. We got a case of water and each night would chill more water for the next day. McDonalds was close for icecream on the way home or some fries. Mimi's is right in front of the hotel. We went Mimi's twice. Once for sit down - which was nice and the second time we called out for pick up. That was great! We were all tired and it was nice to bring it back to the room and eat. We did have pizza one night from the Pizza Hut on the 3rd floor it was convienent, but it was pizza. I did like playing air hockey while waiting for my order.

Parking: Parking was not a problem we could always find a spot if we left the property. It is so close to the park, everyday we walked to Disneyland. My kids never complained about the walk home. They could see the hotel and that made it nice. We have done a shuttle when we were at another hotel and the kids would fall asleep and then we would be stuck carring or dragging them up to the room. This was nice.

I have stayed at other properties around Disneyland but this is the one I keep coming back to. Infact we stayed here in June '08 and we also going to stay here this month (Dec.) for a quick trip to Disneyland.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends