“Nice hotel,close to Disney”

Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Resort
Ranked #28 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We booked a theme room(I suggest you do that ) it was very nice clean and my son loved his cars themed room. The beds were super hard to sleep on but everything else was nice. The only thing I wish they had was complimentary breakfast they did have a Pizza Hut on the 3rd floor if you wanted something you had to wait 15-20 minutes for it to cook. The pool was descent size and they had a hot tub this hotel is Great for families with children. It's a 5 minute walk to Disney I was really surprised with this hotel. We will defiantly be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2013
Stephanie A, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for your review! We always appreciate receiving feedback from our guests. We are happy to hear that your son enjoyed the Cars themed room and our location near DIsneyland. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,224)

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We've been coming here for well over a decade and have been pleased every single trip. Rooms are average and linens and showers are consistent with most marriot properties which is good. The best part of staying here is that you can walk across the street to Disney. We always take a break from the park late afternoon and let the kids swim while we have a drink by the pool. It gives you a nice rest and allows for a change into warmer clothes so you can watch the fireworks more comfortably. It's usually roasting in the day but it does get chilly in the evenings. Mimi's is nearby for breakfast and while it may be a chain it is a nice place to go.

• Stayed: April 2013
Stephanie A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

We would like to thank you for your loyalty over the past decade! We are thrilled to hear that you have had consistently positive experiences with us for each stay. Thank you for taking the time to review us and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

This is a noisy and depressing hotel. Stayed here for a number of nights and couldn't wait to get out of here.

Rooms:
They have made an effort to give a cursory update to the rooms (by new doonas and a feature wall) but the main fixtures (carpet, bathroom, spack covered walls etc) are dingy, cheap and depressing. Plastic tile imprint bathroom walls? P.U.

The beds are hard and the pillows are uncomfy. The bathroom is awful - the shower is sufficient but the toilet doesn't flush well, the floor gets saturated whenever you shower, the towels always smelt funky, and the vanity-and-kitchenette is impractical (and rather offputting).

The amenities provided are also underwhelming. A shower cap and some tea wouldn't go astray, but it was good to have a mini fridge in the room.

The biggest problem is the constant noise. You can hear everything fron neighbours (doors slamming, thumping, air con running, children screaming, babies crying, running along hallways) meaning your sleep will be disrupted at best. This is added to when the housekeeping knock on your door as early as 8:30am to clean the room (repeatedly...put the DO NOT DISTURB sign up if you value your mornings).

Service:
The service here is average at best. The place has massive influxes of family groups, tour buses and other such people so you probably can't blame them but still, they're rather inflexible and unhelpful at times. The lobby is a nightmare most times of the day with swarms of people coming and going.

Location:
Great location for Disneyland and California Adventure - right across the road. But there is nowhere appetising to eat that's healthy and good quality (seriously the healthy choices at Maccas probably would be the best bet around here).

Free wifi around hotel during your stay but it's incredibly slow and drops out all the time. Not much else interesting to speak of (a lot of people used the small pool all the time).

Overall:
This is a depressing and unrelaxing hotel. I wouldn't stay here again (I'd rather walk a bit further for a quieter and better quality hotel like the Hilton or something).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AusBeagle

Thank you for your review. We always appreciate honest feedback from our guests. We are very sorry that your experience with Fairfield Inn hotels did not meet your expectations. As always we will continue to work to make every stay a magical one.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We arrived early (noon) and the only room option was facing the Interstate at the rear of the property, so since we wanted to get to the park quickly (& weren't planning on spending much time in our room, except to sleep) we took it. I did read the earlier reviews, and brought earplugs! So the traffic noise was not an issue for me (the rest of the family never noticed the noise at all, we were on the 6th floor). I thought the $11 valet was great! No issues trying to park the car, just drive up, give them the keys and check-in. We were on our way to the Park within 30 minutes of arriving.

There are 3 restaurants nearby: Mimi's to the right (I thought was nicer than Millies), Millies, and McDonalds. There is also an iHOP at the traffic lights where you need to cross to get into the park. I'm thinking its a 5-10 minute walk to the front gate.

We hit the pool a couple of times (be warned, the pool gets shaded around 4pm at this time of the year). It was a basic pool, with a tiny hot tub. Based on the size of the hotel, I thought it should be bigger, but we didn't have a problem getting loungers. Pool towels were well stocked.

The rooms were recently updated with all the basics. We requested extra towels, which came quickly. Overall no complaints, and based on what we paid, we would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Facing Disney, high floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

We appreciate you taking the time to review us. We are thrilled to hear that your stay with us, including our valet service and location, met your expectations. We look forward to having you again!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed here for 10 nights with my young son. I'll start with the good, since that very much outweighs the bad. The room was large, and updated, clean, the bed was a comfy king bed and there was also a pull out sofa,fridge and safe. The staff was helpful and kind, especially the valet staff. We did eat at Millies a couple of times, and it was okay. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub very much, its true that it is right by the driveway, but I had no issues with feeling it wasn't private enough, and I am not one that enjoys wearing my bathing suit in any type of crowd! There were a few nights that things got a little loud as we were facing the pool, but it wasn't too bad, pretty much any hotel would be the same, and I was equipped with a sound machine that covered the noise any time there was any. We just had to walk a few steps to the other side of the balcony and had a great spot for the fireworks. my son greatly enjoyed this. As for the parking, I really didnt think it was an issue, if you want a spot right out front it was a little hard to get , but you drive back a few hundred feet and there was always plenty in the back , and if you don't want to walk ( really not far) the valet guys were always more than willing to assist , and not rush you at all if you were hauling in kids/groceries etc.

We only ate once at the place on the 3rd floor, and I cant say we enjoyed it at all. I don't know if it was because we showed up a little later in the morning or not, but the egg sandwich we had really was barely edible and cold.

The only real complaint I have , was when I checked in at a very late ( or early morning hour) the shuttle dropped us off at the end of the "driveway" and I had a sleepy toddler who wanted me to carry him, since I had to wake him up to walk in, but I couldn't as I had all our luggage as well. Once at the check-in, the person checking me in, obviously noted how flustered I was, and how I was struggling to carry all my stuff, and I was not offered any help at all , or even a luggage cart. Other than that I have no complaints at all.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie A, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are thrilled that your overall experience with us including your room, the pool and your view of the Disney fireworks met your expectations. But we are truly sorry about the experience with breakfast, and our failure to assist you with your luggage. Rest assured we will share your feedback with our team to ensure that this will not happen again. Thank you and we hope that we may have an opportunity to serve you in the future!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great hotel with as close of access to the Disney main gates as possible. Hotel staff were very friendly and allowed us a early check-in, which was very handy as we were trying to do Disneyland the same day as our flight arrival. Room was very nice and son enjoyed the buzz light-year wallpaper and throw on the bed. parking is $15 on site which is well worth the convenience, much more convenient then parking at Disney's crowded structure. They will even allow guests to park for a fee as well at their lot. McDonalds in parking lot, many options for breakfast. No free Fairfield breakfast at hotel which was fine. Also we were able to purchase our Disney 2 day park hopper passes at the hotel which was convenient.

Room Tip: High floor facing resort will allow you to see fireworks from disney
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie A, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are thrilled that you had such a positive experience with us, and that you found our location and parking convenient. We are also happy to hear that your son enjoyed the Toy Story themed room! We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I am writing this review in my spare time while we are at Disney. We chose to come at a great time of year. Paired with nice spring weather and smaller crowds, I'd come again during this time. I booked our vacation only a couple of weeks in advance, so my choices were limited if I wanted a hotel near the maingate. We had previously stayed at Best Western Park Place Plaza many years ago, but that one was booked. I am glad we didn't make our reservations at that hotel, because they are currently going through what looks like major renovations. Fairfield Inn is much, much cleaner and all around nicer than what I remember of the Park Place Plaza, but is forty dollars more expensive per night (for a suite) without the awesome breakfast the other provides. However, this is a Disney vacation, and I expect to pay high prices for everything. The last time we visited Disney was about four years ago...so this experience doesn't come around every day. So far, this hotel experience is much better. Cleaner rooms, nicer exterior/interior, nicer entrance and front desk, helpful staff. I slept better this time, however, my room is on the seventh floor as opposed to ground level at the Park Place Plaza. So, if you are trying to determine between these two hotels, you have to decide if having a better sleep is more important than saving money. I prefer the Fairfield Inn. (Oh, and one more note, we did use the pool the first night. The kids loved it.)

Room Tip: Upper levels are relatively quiet, depending on who sleeps next door to you. The rooms are definite...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

We appreciate your review! We are so happy to hear that our location, rooms and staff have lived up to your expectations. We are also glad that your kids have enjoyed using our pool! Enjoy your remaining time with us and we hope that we may have an opportunity to serve you in the future!