“Easy access - will return in next visit”

Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort
Ranked #27 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was our second trip to this hotel and everything worked well. It is a 8 minute walk to the park entrances. We took the advice of other reviewers and asked for a quiet room. We also booked Park View to assure we were on the quiet side. There isn't much of a view from the rooms, but you can see fireworks from the upper balconies on the pool wing side.
The four star rating reflects that the rooms are older style, older in room heat/air and a place to hang clothes but no closet. Still, we will definitely stay here again.

3  Thank Coloradan15yrs
Keith O, Property Coordinator at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you for your review and being a return visitor!

I’m happy our property fits your needs. The fireworks view from some of the rooms is spectacular!

We’ll see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,213)

Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Its a good option if you want to be walking distance from the park without spending a lot of money, Its not a luxury hotel, but the rooms are good size and clean.
I would not recommend the rooms with the disney decoration, there are more expensive, and are exactly the same size, the only difference its that they have a small decoration on the wall.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Syympa

Thank you for your review.

I’m glad you like our property. We are a great option for people wanting something within walking distance to Disneyland with Marriott quality.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Forget about the clean rooms, the closeness to Disneyland, and the space the staff there is great. We checked in and they had put in our room 2 goody bags for my sons birthdays. At he last minute they upgraded us to another room. They ran up to the original room moved the goody bags and put up a happy birthday banner. My boys were suprised.Tatianna at the front desk made our trip more special. Thank you.

Great place to stay. On the balcony you can watch the Disney fireworks.

5  Thank LLL18

Thank you for the review!

I’m really happy Taitiana was able to WOW you! She is a great asset to the Front Office.

She did a little dance the first time she read your comment.

Hopefully we’ll see you soon!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Our family and another family decided to take a trip to Disneyland together on January 2-6, 2013. We had a great time at Disneyland, but the hotel wasn't as pleasant. Our first observation of our hotel room was the horrible sewage smell coming from the bathroom. The next negative was the horrible smell of cigarette smoke each night as we slept. The last was the pool gate slamming shut all night long, but the pool was supposed to be closed at 10pm. All of our concerns were brought up to the front desk. They assured us it would be taken care of. A maintenance worker came to our bathroom and said he couldn't smell anything, everyone else could! The front desk advised they would keep an eye out for people smoking; the hotel was labeled a non- smoking hotel. Well the morning we checked out a lady was smoking on a bench about 50 feet from the front door of the hotel and in front of the loss prevention worker as well as the other two workers standing by the front door. I watched them look at her several times and watch her puffing away, they did nothing. I had to confront the lady and advise her of the non smoking policy at the hotel. Long story short we will not be back to this hotel for our next trip to Disneyland (we go about 3 times a year). The only positive was the short walk to the front gates to Disneyland.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room on the first floor, especially near the pool area!
4  Thank tkirkland04

Thank you for the review!

I’m sorry you had a bad experience at the property. The pool gates shouldn’t have been slamming since the pool was closed at 10. I brought that issue to the attention of the Housekeeping Manager and the Chief Engineer to discuss with their staff that if they have someone going into the pool area after hours to make sure the gate doesn’t slam. The sewer smell, the front desk should have offered to move you rooms if the engineer wasn’t able to indentify and fix the problem and you still smelled it.

As for smoking, we are a smoke free hotel, however, that only means on the balconies and rooms. Unfortunately, people are able to smoke in the parking lot and as well as one of the 3 smoking areas. The area the woman was smoking in was a defined smoking area.

Again, I apologize for the negative experience you had at the hotel.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn over a long weekend. I've been looking for a good neighbor alternative for short trips, wanted a less expesive alternative to the Disney hotels for quick runs to the area since I'm an annual pass holder.

I chose this hotel because of the reviews and the close proximity to the parks. Let's start with some of the positives. The service was excellent, staff very nice and helpful. The hotel was clean and parking was $11/night, cheapest I've paid in this area. The hotel is very close to the park, maybe 5 to 10 minute walk to the front gates, very convenient. You can see the fireworks from the front of the hotel. There's a Pizza Hut on the 3rd floor that offers a limited breakfast menu in addition to pizzas. There are other lower cost food alternatives close to the hotel as well.

On the negative side, the rooms at the back of the hotel (away from Harbor Blvd.) are very close to Highway 5, all you could hear was car traffic and lots of it. A steady buzz all day and all night. I was upgraded to a Disney themed room at check-in but I told them I didn't want this if it meant I'd have to listen to freeway traffic all night. Unfortunately, they didn't have any other rooms to give me (sigh). In addition, the room was heated by an under the window system that was very loud. Needless to say I didn't sleep much. The bathroom was very small and there wasn't much room to store anything, the closet wasn't really a closet but an open area next to the sink. The bathroom itself (toilet and shower) was very small. The toilet paper holder was so close to the toilet your arm would hit it when you sat down, had to pull in the elbows and arms!

I guess this wouldn't be a horrible option if you had a room facing Harbor Blvd., at least you'd be away from the freeway noise and have a chance to see fireworks. I know I won't stay here again. My quest for a less expensive good neighbor hotel continues....

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Harbor Blvd., rooms in the back have a lovely view of Highway 5 in addition to...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our property!

Our location is very convenient to the park and eateries. And our Pizza Hut Express offers some quick food options as well as snacks.

I am sorry you weren’t satisfied with your room. We have a variety of stripping and seals to try and keep out the noise from the 5 freeway on the backside of the hotel. And we recently changed out many of the heating units in an effort to minimize the noise from them as well.

I do hope you’ll try us again, but if not, I do wish you luck in searching for a local hotel that works best for you.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

This hotel is across the road from the entrance of Disneyland. It's clean, quiet and close to heaps of places to eat. The rooms are clean and beds are really comfortable. Would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Aussie_girl239

Thank you for the review!

We hope you do stay here again. We are in a wonderful location for people going to Disneyland.

Thank you again!

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Really convenient to Disneyland & very clean & comfy. Its a simple hotel, & I've rated it accordingly as it was just what we were after. We booked a room for 3 kids & us for $129AU and were pleasantly surprised to find a single sofa bed included. The booking process had told us we had to buy an extra room so we were planning to use the floor! Beds were comfy & pool/spa looks good but we didn't get a chance to use it. Our room on se floor as the mini restaurant - actually a Pizza Hut which was a surprise but not as bad as it sounds - kind of a cafe, mini market selling cereals & crackers etc, coffee & beers too so it serviced our needs at the beginning & end of day - the only time we were here anyway. Parking $11 per day & a walk straight across the road to entrance.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank PWSyd
Keith O, Property Coordinator at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for your review.

I’m glad you were pleasantly surprised by us. All of our rooms with 2 queen sized beds come with a single sleeper (about a twin sized mattress for those reading the reviews).

Sorry you didn’t get a chance to use the pool and spa (they are nice) but I know with kids, it’s hard to cut into Disneyland time very much.

I hope you’ll stay with us again if you come back to Disneyland!