“Nice home base for Disney... good service”

Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort
Ranked #28 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in July 2012 with my 3 yr old and 5 yr old and husband. The hotel is situated among many others near the gates to Disneyland. There is a city bus to the gates several times a day that you can get at the neighbouring Marriott hotel. Overall the place is fine. Front desk staffers were helpful. The restaurant had good food, nothing fancy. It was the busy season so there were no upgrades for silver elite Marriott customers like us but that was fine since we spent a lot of time at Disney. There was a nice pool out back, small but not too busy. Overall, decent location, price and amenities. A little lower end than other Fairfield Inn and Suites I have stayed at.

Room Tip: try for an upgrade
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Keith O, Property Coordinator at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you for your review!

Thank you for acknowledging our front desk staff. Everyone tries very hard to make sure your stay is magical!

Hope to see you soon!

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for two nights before moving over to the Grand Californian.

The Fairfield is an adequate motel with exterior corridors and pleasant decor. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and went out of their way to make us comfortable. The room had two queen beds and a split bath with sink in the room and toilet and shower in the bath. The room was recently renovated and looked fairly crisp and clean. I did notice that the walls are extremely thin so you hear absolutely every sound your neighbors make. I also found the beds to be rather hard and uncomfortable. I was glad that we were only staying for two nights.

There is a McDonalds and a Millie's Diner in the parking lot. Mimi's Cafe is right next door. Ten minute walk (or less) to the Disneyland Main Gate. Location, Location, Location!

Be advised that if you use Disneyland Airport Express to get to the hotel from SNA or LAX the bus will drop you and your luggage unceremoniously at the curbside in front of Millie's... it's a long walk with luggage and a tired kid to check in!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike W

Thank you for the review of our property!

I’m glad you liked the look of our newly renovated rooms. We updated them to be clean, fresh, and modern.

As for the Disneyland Express and other large sized busses, they generally do pick up on the curb in front of Millie’s due to potential difficulties navigating a large bus in our parking lot.

I appreciate your review and hopefully you’ll try us again next time you’re in the area.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights whilst visiting Disneyland, the hotel is basic, clean and modern but no frills. It was really cheap compared to the Disneyland official resorts, and yet just as close. Door to door it took about 4 minutes to walk to the entrance of the park.
We read some of the reviews and some people had said to watch the fireworks from the hotel instead of going back to the resort, we did this and were really disapointed, the next night we went back into Disneyland and realised that so much of the show is from ground level.
This hotel is great if you are planning on just sleeping there and spending most of the day in the park. i would stay again.

Room Tip: There is a macdonalds close by for breakfast
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank diver3

Thank you so much for your review!

We are an excellent place to view the fireworks, but to experience the entire Fantasmic show, there’s no place like the park!

Hopefully we’ll see you again on future holiday!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I reserved this several months ago and requested a quiet room for 3 nights. (I'm a member of Marriott rewards and silly enough to think that means something) Upon check-in we were assigned a first floor room. How the clerk in any way figured she was honoring my request was beyond me. She said she'd "try" to see what she could do. The person next to her showed her a room and she said "really? we can do this?". I thought oh my, we must be getting a nice upgrade. Which is exactly what first floor girl said.." a resort view" since you're celebrating your anniversary-which we were. Now you can see from our photo what our "resort view" was. Quite clear of the parking lot I'd say. But it was on the 6th floor, far better than the first. The rooms are fine-nothing out of the ordinary. No breakfast included (our Fairfield Inn in San Diego had a nice continental breakfast). If you care to break the bank, you can go to Pizza Hut on the third floor and spend $2.75 for a bottle of juice, etc. We came prepared with cereal, milk and juice so we were okay. The doors are extremely heavy and make a loud noise when shutting. Parking is $11 a day-par for the course for Disneyland hotels. Would I recommend this? Doubtful. The Best Western a few doors down offers nicer rooms and breakfast is included. It's about the same price and directly across from Disneyland. (They were full when I made this reservation).

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BSmith068

Thank you for your review of our property!

I do apologize for not meeting your expectations. Quiet rooms are subjective and occasionally not possible due to all the families with children here, but we should not have put you on the ground floor if you had requested a quiet room. The rooms on our 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th floors are Disney themed rooms and are booked separately from our standard rooms and priced a bit higher.

Unfortunately for breakfast, we are one of the only Fairfield Inns’ in the chain that does not offer complimentary breakfast. We do have the Seattle’s Best Coffee and Pizza Hut on the 3rd floor that does sell breakfast items.

Again, I apologize for not meeting your expectations.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

THis was a last minute trip to Disneyland with my friend. We literally booked this the day before. Great value for the room. Beds were extremely comfortable and the location to Disneyland is amazing. Literally across the street from the main entrance. You walk out of your room and you are at the entrance in 7 minutes! TONS of food options around the hotel. The staff was wonderful. Parking was $11 extra per day, not too bad!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your review!

Being so close to Disneyland you can walk is what attracts people to us, but our friendly staff and comfortable beds are what keeps them coming back!

So hopefully we’ll see you again soon!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I searched and searched for 2 nights during Thanksgiving week, and chose the Fairfield Inn because of the close proximity to Disneyland and the 2 queen beds. We checked in after midnite, and had prompt check in and a large room with a view. The staff was GREAT. My only complaint is there was only ONE trash can in the room, and when traveling with little children, we bring snacks and things to eat, and diapers to toss, it was not big enough.

Room Tip: there are no bell hops there so be prepared!
Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review!

I’m glad you found our staff to be “GREAT”. We really try to make everyone feel warm and welcomed. I have shared the recommendation about having another trash can in the rooms with our executive staff and housekeeping manager.

Hopefully we’ll see you again soon!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed here last April with my 2kids. We arrived around 9am and asked the front desk if we can check in then. The regular rooms was not available so I was given an option for $15dollars I can upgrade to their disney theme room and I can check in right away. Well, for $15dollars more, I was happy and readily accepted. The front staff were excellent, we were up in our room in no time. Very clean and the was really nice room, we got the cars theme room. My son was so excited upon seeing the room.
Close to Disney gate and closed to all restaurants.
Definitely recommend this place. Great Staff!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jetmiah

Thank you for your review of our hotel!

I’m very happy that your son was excited for our Disney themed room. We put a lot of work into renovating our property and rooms, and it’s wonderful that we are able to help make people’s vacations memorable.

Hope to see you again!