“Really good food ... Delicious Fried Pickles!!!”
Review of Carnation Cafe

Carnation Cafe
Ranked #12 of 866 Restaurants in Anaheim
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Palatine, IL
“Really good food ... Delicious Fried Pickles!!!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We wanted to try something new this last trip to DL. Husband suggested this, as they had PB&J AND Mac & Cheese on the kid's menu. Kill 2 birds with one stone, so to speak ... or 2 kids with one restaurant.

Bottomless drinks, KEY, for a warm day at the parks. We started with fried pickles. WONDERFUL. Delicious. LOVED them. My husband an I split the Turkey Sandwich on Pretzel Roll, and Green Chili Cheeseburger. The turkey sandwich was delightful, and the green chili cheeseburger FULL of flavor. Mind you, we asked for the fried egg on the side, I'm not a fan of egg on burger.

While we thought all of the above was very good, our kids had their best meals in the parks here. The mac & cheese was a FULL bowl, not just a tiny cup, but a full bowl. Enough to keep a 6-year old full and enough fruit to keep her happy. My son had a blast with the "make-your-own" PBJ. The peanut butter came in a small cup, the jelly in a small cup - served on Goldfish bread! There was enough peanut butter left over to make ants-on-a-log with the celery & raisins. I liked that there was a healthy balance of veggies on the plate too. Came with perfect amount of grapes for a 4-year old too.

While a bit expensive for lunch, was ~$60 for 4, DEFINITELY worth it, and we will absolutely be returning next trip. I wish they would clone that PB&J plate and the Mac & Cheese to the other restaurants for the bigger kid who wants mac & cheese.

Missouri
“Worst food we had at Disney”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Thought we would treat ourselves to dinner here instead of counter service. Truly not impressed. Meatloaf was flavored with some weird spice and the mushroom gravy only made it worse. Daughters fried chicken was dry and overcooked. Service was slow and it drives me crazy when servers stand around talking and managers don't do anything about it. Had read good reviews, so maybe they were having a bad night? Not money well spent for us.

1 Thank zimaaaaah
Sacramento, California
“Can't believe we never ate here!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We found this place after years of visits to DL and decided to stop for BREAKFAST. The food and service was great and we were seated within 15 mins. There is one thing that is very special about this place ... there is a DL celebrity that works here. You might see "Oscar" greeting guests and talking with people at there tables wearing his white chefs uniform. I think most guests just think he's the friendly chef walking around to make sure everything is turning out ok, but Oscar was hired in 1956 and is the longest term DL employee ever. Google him as we did. Before we left we had to stop him for a family photo.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank philclairedunphy
New Jersey
“Nice little place for lunch on Main St Disneyland”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This visit was my second visit to the Carnation Cafe in my trips to Disneyland. The food is good and the staff are wonderful. The sandwiches and burgers are a good size and can easily be shared. The fried pickles are a unique appetizer and worth a try if you like pickles.

Visited June 2013
Blue Springs, Missouri
“Great place for sandwiches”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We shared fried pickles for an appetizer. I'm not normally a fan, but the Carnation's pickles were crisp and the panko crust was yummy. The dipping sauce was also really good. I had the turkey sandwich on a pretzel roll, which was really good. My companion had the Chef's Vegan burger, which she loved. I had a bite of the burger and thought it really tasty. You could see the beans, carrots, and other veggies inside the house-made patty. We both ordered the PB&J sodas. I didn't know what to expect, but wow, was it good! It is like a peanut butter soda with grape foam on top. Really good.