“Lots of fun!”

Ranked #2 of 149 things to do in Anaheim
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to the place where imagination is the destination. For young and old, big and small — it's the happiest place on earth! Come build memories with your family that last a lifetime as you discover the wonder of this magical, fantastical world. When you enter the lands that comprise Disneyland Park, stories come to life around you, immersing you in tales from some of your favorite Disney films.
Allen, Texas
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Lots of fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had a great time at Disneyland. Had to go in peak season so the afternoons we took a break to get out of the heat (and crowds), but didn't really discover much of a break from crowds in the evenings either. Highly recommend getting up early to do your touring as we were able to ride things SO much easier early in the morning - i.e. 3, 4 even 5 rides in the time it took to ride 1 in the evening. Be sure to use fast passes. Also, have to be honest, the staff don't appear to be quite as friendly as Disney World's in our experience. Said the right words, but didn't seem to mean them if that makes sense. We still had a fantastic time. Loved the fireworks, loved Indiana Jones, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Star Tours, Buzz Lightyear, and so much more!

Visited July 2013

• Turkish first
Long Beach, California
“Fun and expensive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Disneyland is the type of theme park you need to attend as soon as the gates open. If you get there too late you will not enjoy what it has to offer and you wont get the chance to get on all the rides. Especially if you have a park hoppers pass, California Adventures closes down earlier than the main park. One park hoppers ticket for a child is about $131.00. Make sure you plan ahead of time and get your moneys worth.

Paramus, New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Charming Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Having visited Disney in Orlando several times and well versed in the conventional wosdom that Anaheim Disney was "older", I planned to skip this park until my 14 year old son insisted we go.

I relented, even though after the Grand canyon, Yosemite, Big Sur and Hearst, I just didn't think this would be a day well spent.

I couldnt have been more wrong, and found I actually preferred this park to Orlando. Part of the reason was clearly 75 degrees and no humidity. But also, the horse drawn carriages, train ride and better ride selection for older kids (mine are 14 and 12) as well as ease getting into and out of the park, made for a "magical" day. The fireworks weren't the biggest most elaborate Ive seen, but may have been the most enjoyable.
Star Tours was a particularly fun and enjoyable ride, and the food offerings were far superior to Disneyworld.
I should emphasize that this may not apply to families with younger kids - we did not spend any time on those areas of the park. But I do feel the presence of Epcot in Florida has resulted in a dearth of updated rides for older kids at Disneyworld.

San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Family fun. Expensive. Crowded. Old school.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I've been here about 10 times over the years. This lime I went with my daughter, partner and granddaughter. I doubt I'll ever go again. It's very crowded even when it's not crowded. It's expensive. The dead presidents fly out of your wallet like crazy - starting at the parking- $16
Food too is expensive. Go to Subway or Whole Foods and pick up sandwiches before you go.
If you are with young kids, there are many more ride options. We stuck to Splash Mountain, Matterhorn, Space Mt, Captain EO. Wanted to go on Indiana jones but the wait was an hour. Our handicap pass helped speed things up on some, not all, rides. Without it, line waits were typically 45-60 minutes. Sometimes the waits are much longer.

Disneyland can use a facelift. If you've been going over many years, nothing has changed much. But I loathe crowds, so that's a deal breaker for me.

New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“It's a small world.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Although the attention to detail was amazing, my after thoughts of the park were stuck on the congestion and long ride lines. Radiator Springs was amazing! My son is a big Cars fan and loved the characters driving around. If you go, get to Radiator Springs early and get tbe fast pass for the race. Even though the park does not compare to Disney World, we had a good time....by the way, if Disney chpped down their prices on souvenirs, wouldn't they sell more? Fast quarters are always better than slow dollars.

1 Thank Scoon