“Always the best”

Book In Advance
More Info
$217.99*
and up
Disneyland 1-Day Admission with Transport from...
Ranked #2 of 127 things to do in Anaheim
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to the place where imagination is the destination. For young and old, big and small — it's the happiest place on earth! Come build memories with your family that last a lifetime as you discover the wonder of this magical, fantastical world. When you enter the lands that comprise Disneyland Park, stories come to life around you, immersing you in tales from some of your favorite Disney films.
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Wow, it's been over 15 years since I have been back to see Micky. Things have been up kept and looks great. You can't see any wear & tear. It's nice to see that the park has been kept up to their great standards. Sad to say the other popular parks around Disney has not done the same. I will review it in their own park category.

Write a ReviewReviews (25,556)
All reviews
"happiest place on earth"
in 2,554 reviews
"indiana jones"
in 980 reviews
"small world"
in 904 reviews
"pirates of the caribbean"
in 767 reviews
in 575 reviews
"wait times"
in 552 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Disney always makes the extra effort to keep their guests as happy as possible. The food is good and there's always a friendly face to ask questions if you need any assistance. As for those that complain about long lines and high prices - it's Disneyland. That's not surprising and with all the additional food options available with both parks - there is something for everyone. The one restaurant that I was not very impressed with in terms of the food quality was Flo's V8 diner. It's pretty much glorified cafeteria food but the restaurant is very cute. My favorite spot to eat is still the Boudin Bakery - their soup and salads in a bread bowl is one of the best meal values in the park. And since the Cars ride is the newest ride - make sure that you get a fast pass as soon as you get into California Adventure (located by Bug's Life land). You will be glad you did since the fast passes are usually all depleted by noon.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

If you are debating a trip to Disney World in Florida or Disneyland in California, I find that the Anaheim Disney Parks have the Orland Parks beat by 10 miles (that's how spread out the Orlando Parks are from one another). California wins over Florida IMHO because:

*Disneyland, California Adventure, Downtown Disney, and all 3 Disney Hotels are co-located on the same property, so going from one to another is as easy as walking. No hassle of getting back to your car and driving to the next park and reparking ... Just exit the gate, walk across a small courtyard and enter the next park or Downtown Disney or your hotel.
*There are 4 Disney parks in Florida (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom) and they are spread far apart from each other within a 10 mile radius! Lots of hassle driving or taking transportation between the parks.
*There are more rides within the walls of each of the 2 California Parks than are within the walls of each of the Florida parks. (Basically, Disney compressed the attractions from the 4 parks in Florida into just 2 parks in California.)
*I've been to all the Disney parks in both Orlando and Anaheim with small children and can appreciate how compact Disneyland and California Adventure are compared to the Disney World parks in Florida. You'll have much less walking between rides in California. That equals less exhaustion, less complaining, less carrying, and more happiness.
*It rains a lot more often in Florida. I've been rained on every time I've been to the parks in Florida.
*Chances are your trip to Disneyland in California will be sunny. I've been to the California parks over 20 times during the past 15 years and never had a drop of rain. (Just avoid booking your trip in January, February, and March as it is rainy season in Anaheim.)

1  Thank LA_hotel_hound
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have just got back from our holiday in the US. We have been to Disney many times across the global network. This holiday was in California so we were at the Anaheim location. The crowds and resulting queues and waiting time made this visit unbearable for me. It was only that my child would have been disappointed otherwise I would have packed up and left. Not only are the waiting times unreasonable the number of breakdowns (or in the language of the staff there "maintenance work") was unprecedented, we stood in line in some cases for 80 minutes to be told that the ride was out for maintenance. There was no offer of a FastPass or other acknowledgement of the time waisted in a line to nowhere. Unfortunately I think Disney are living on an historical legacy but if they are not carful, they will start to loose what is a special brand. I will not be back anytime soon.

2  Thank Stephen L
See more reviews
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I am not an amusement park nut , nor a Disney fan. That said, I wouldn't trade this past week, sharing the park with my grandkids for anything! The music shows are excellent, so when I needed a break from Mickey, I took in a show. My fav: Alladin and World of Color. Both were just wonderful!
I have a gluten allergy...I dreaded eating in the park. Do not fear, fellow gluten-free friends. Disney is the best! A chef always came and talked to me, if we ate at a 'sit-down' restaurant. The walk up food was equally aware of gluten allergies. So not a hassle ever!
My personal favorite side of the park was California Adventure, but our kids loved the classic, Disneyland...especially greeting their favorite characters.