“You're never too old! don't be put off to visit on your own.”
Review of Disneyland Park

Ranked #2 of 152 things to do in Anaheim
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to the place where imagination is the destination. For young and old, big and small — it's the happiest place on earth! Come build memories with your family that last a lifetime as you discover the wonder of this magical, fantastical world. When you enter the lands that comprise Disneyland Park, stories come to life around you, immersing you in tales from some of your favorite Disney films.
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I visited disneyland on my own and still had the amazing experience i thought i would.

Originally i wasn't going to go on my own but had some convincing from friends that had visited before and they weren't wrong.

I travelled to disney via public transport from hollywood which is a cheap but loonng options (2 1/2 hrs) because there was lack of one way trips to get there for open - close. I arrived at 8am and left at 12:30am long day but well worth it, i reccomend staying the whole day.

Some tips for you to have the most enjoyable experience:

# arrive early and then you can stay till late (try to as disneyland changes at night)
# plan, plan, plan! i had a plan before i even visited which helped massively, even then sat down and got my bearings of the park
# be nice to the staff and they will help you out with advice etc.
# for fantasmic show and fireworks get early to the river of dreams (1hr 1.1/2hr) and just stay in your place for the fireworks (in front of the castle is busy and theres not much reason to move)

The above got me through one of the memorable days of my life, the shows fantasmic and the fireworks are of the quality you expect for disney and AMAZING. I had a spot on the river of dreams and made friends with a family who accomodated me since i was on my own.

If i was to come again to see califorina adventure id stay closer as 5am - 3am is kinda crazy lol

Sad to leave but happy to leave with memories forever

Reviewed October 31, 2012

This park, although it's much smaller than it's follow-up park in central Florida, is special because, it encompasses Walt Disney's personal dreams, ideas, and was the start of what was to turn out to be the #1 Tourist Destination for children and their parents in the world. The versions of the ride attractions are slightly different from Disney Park to Disney Park, so this one has its own unique charm, as well as a ride or two that the other parks didn't get, like The Matterhorn, one of my personal favorites.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I used touringplans.com and got some tips for our week of travel of what days to go and what days to avoid. I was disappointed that there weren't more live shows like the Aladin show at DCA. Also, no Fantasmic or fireworks unless we were there on Friday or Saturday. There was a Halloween Party, but tickets were sold out by the time we decided to go and we couldn't nab any.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

It's Disneyland - it's wonderful! It's the happiest place on the west coast! We went for Mickey's Halloween Party. The kids had a blast! it was lots of fun trick or treating at Disneyland. Most of the rides were shut down though (if that's why you're going for the party) and they weren't able to do the special Halloween Fireworks due to weather but the weather is one thing Mickey can't control! Great fun!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I just love being here! This time we took A Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour and it was AMAZING! We learned so much about the park that we didn't know already! We had a great time and really enjoyed Mickey's Halloween Party. We came home with so much candy!!!! We are now season pass holders! We can't get enough!

1  Thank Mrstywiltbank