“Highly recommended”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Description: Begin your day of magic with a relaxing breakfast of steak and eggs, eggs benedict, huevos rancheros or one of the healthful menu choices. Kids can dig into Mickey-shaped pancakes or a just-right sized serving of scrambled eggs.At dinner, start your meal with the famous Seven Onion Soup or one of the fresh salad selections. Tender cuts of certified Angus beef seasoned with the restaurant's signature rub are definitely the focus of the menu, but you can also order one of the fresh seafood choices or delectable lamb, pork or chicken. Guests 21 and older can select a bottle of wine from the extensive wine list or have our sommeliers expertly pair wines with their meal. Don't forget to complete your meal with one of our signature desserts. Prix-fixe and children's menus are available. The private Oak Room may be reserved for parties of up to 24 Guests.
Melbourne
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We had one evening meal here as well as a breakfast. Both times we enjoyed the food. For the evening meal, we turned up without a booking and didn't have a problem getting a table, we just had to wait at the bar for about 10 minutes.
We ate French onion soup, which was nice but not the best I've had but certainly not anything wrong with it. Shrimp (prawn) cocktail. Steaks, asparagus with hollandaise and then the huge 21 layer chocolate cake, which was shared between the two of us. Delicious.

The only thing that we had a problem with was ordering a bottle of Dom Perignon champagne and having the waiter poor it, to only discover it was corked. I don't think I have ever had to send back a $200 bottle of bubbles before, but it gave us a story to tell and remember.

The breakfast was also a great meal but the restaurant was fairly empty and they then seated a table of about 10 of adults and toddlers right next to us, which suddenly changed our restful quiet breakfast. It wouldn't of been too much to of used a table a few feet over instead of the one on top of us. So that was disappointing.

• Visited May 2013

Palo Alto, California
“An Oasis of Calm at Disney”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

You can only laugh when you approach Steakhouse 55 which is adjacent to Goofy's Kitchen, with the lobbies separated by a curtain. Total visual and auditory mayhem on the left at Goofy's Kitchen and calm sophistication at Steakhouse 55. You might think it is only a place for adults, but they accommodate families with children quite easily. We usually go to Steakhouse 55 on the last night of our stay at Disney so we leave on an excellent meal. Most of the menu is ala carte, but there are nightly specials that come with sides and there is a prix fix option (steak, salad, creme brûlée) that is an excellent value. The steaks are excellent and there is an Au Gratin Potato stack that is sinfully good. Be sure to leave room for the 23 layer chocolate cake (but easy for 3-4 people to share one slice - it is THAT large). The staff is well trained and your water glass does not go empty and your plates are removed promptly when you are finished. It is a bit spendy, but for the atmosphere, food and excellent service, it is worth it.

• Visited June 2013
San Jose, California
“Cheaper than you think”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I like to eat here whenever I stay at the DL Hotel which is about every 2 years. I also like to eat in Downtown Disney but honestly the last visit I made I realized eating Breakfast here is cheaper and better than many places in DTD. I definitely recommend anything on the menu, it's all been good.

I love the white table cloth service and even the coffee is pretty decent and I am a bit of a coffee snob.

I have also eaten here for dinner, but it is a bit more expensive but definitely a great place to get a steak with less noise and commotion of other places.

• Visited November 2012
San Diego, California
“unexpected amazing resturant”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

A friend and I were attending a training session and he recommended this place for dinner our last day. I had never heard of it so I was interested. It was a little hard to find. I had to ask a staff member where it was. it is sort of tucked way on the first floor of the Disney Convention Center in the corner next to the Disney character photos. The food is awesome. The 7 onion soup was delicious. The house steak is awesome. It has dry rub on it and was very tender. I was going to ask for some steak sauce but after my first bite, I did not need it. The mac and cheese with bacon bits was really good. I am not a big mac & cheese fan but this converted me. The other potato dish was also really good. The wine and beer selection is pretty good. The decor is like an old fashion steak shop but the dress is pretty casual. The staff is very efficient and friendly. Reservations are recommended but we managed to get it with no problem. The restaurant opens are 5:30 and we arrived about 5:40 on a weekday. At the end of our meal, the place was a little over half full. To save on parking, park in the Downtown Disney lot. Parking is free for the first 3 hours. I can't wait until I am in the area again to eat here.

• Visited June 2013
Los Angeles, California, Usa
“A-Mazing”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My family of four thoroughly enjoyed our dinner here. I've never actually had a steak melt in my mouth until I ate here. Even though this place is a fine dining experience it is still kid friendly.

Visited January 2013