“Sooo Good”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Description: Begin your day of magic with a relaxing breakfast of steak and eggs, eggs benedict, huevos rancheros or one of the healthful menu choices. Kids can dig into Mickey-shaped pancakes or a just-right sized serving of scrambled eggs.At dinner, start your meal with the famous Seven Onion Soup or one of the fresh salad selections. Tender cuts of certified Angus beef seasoned with the restaurant's signature rub are definitely the focus of the menu, but you can also order one of the fresh seafood choices or delectable lamb, pork or chicken. Guests 21 and older can select a bottle of wine from the extensive wine list or have our sommeliers expertly pair wines with their meal. Don't forget to complete your meal with one of our signature desserts. Prix-fixe and children's menus are available. The private Oak Room may be reserved for parties of up to 24 Guests.
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Great steaks, service and experience. Classy but not stuffy. Great room and personal and casual servers.
Overall, I do not think that you could go rong.

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

The steak and eggs were a very good choice. Both were cooked exactly as I had ordered. They are served with tasty potatoes. The coffee was also good. The meal was so much better than I expected and definitely much better than hotel banquet food. Once you are in the restaurant you wouldn't know you are in a big hotel at all. The parking is validated for a total of 5 hours free parking. It is surprisingly easy to drive in and out of the area. The only glitch was that half our party was seated in the restaurant waiting and the other half checked in and were waiting in the bar and the hostesses did not reunite our party.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Wanting something different (meaning fewer kids) led us through the doors of Steakhouse 55. The service was good, although it was slightly annoying that our bar tab couldn't be consolidated with our dinner tab. The Steakhouse salad was the best thing we had, fresh and flavorful with a good mix of ingredients. The ribeye was cooked to order (medium) and was lovely to look at, but it was dry and lacked marbling. The green beans with bacon were okay, make them better at home, but then that's true of most any restaurant. The mashed potatoes were what they should be. Our order was botched, waiter error, he compensated for it, no problem there. I didn't really enjoy the experience, just wasn't worth the money. I enjoy Blue Bayou inside Pirates of the Caribbean much more, and it's a better value over-all.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

My partner and I decided to try Steakhouse 55, located in the Disneyland Hotel, after reading some of the reviews on here and another website known for its reviews. We had dinner and were both incredibly disappointed. The ambiance/atmosphere was nice, but that's where it ends. We had a very pretentious waiter, or should I say, "order taker" as the only thing he did was take our orders and returned when we notified the server something was amiss.

For starters, my partner had the Steakhouse Salad, which he stated was the best part of the entire meal. I had the Seven Onion Soup, which was good, though served in a bowl that was at least 14" in diameter and only filled the bottom 1/4 to 1/3 of the bowl. We both ordered the bone-in rib eye cooked "medium" with one vegetable. My partner received both his steak and vegetable; I received my vegetable. When we notified the server, she summoned the waiter, who looked into the matter. Apparently, he neglected to submit the order for my steak, though he had written it down. He took away the food that had been delivered and 5-10 minutes later the server brought us our complete order. We suspect I received the steak my partner had previously received (that had been re-heated) and we each received the same servings of vegetables that had also been re-heated (my partner's green beans had become wrinkled).

The steaks were rather dry, not well marbled and for me at least, somewhat chewy (I guess because I received the re-heated steak). The vegetables were okay/fine. We were comped for the vegetables.

In summary, this restaurant is trying to be something it isn't: a high-end steak house/restaurant. Just because the prices are high doesn't make it high-end. But it certainly doesn't lack pretension.

The Blue Bayou is a better value with better food for almost the same price.

1  Thank Randy P
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Steakhouse 55 is one of the on-site restaurants at the Disneyland Hotel. My wife and I had eaten here before while staying at the hotel because it was a convenient place to have breakfast that was not entirely “kid oriented” and it was well worth it then. This time, while staying off-site, I chose it for our 26th wedding anniversary while visiting the Disneyland Resort. Again we were not disappointed. In fact my wife was extremely pleased with the choice, as was I.

We had reservations and were seated straight away and were offered our choice of a regular table or a booth, which was a nice touch. The décor is very pleasant with photos of movie stars from the 1940’s and 50’s on the walls. Our service was excellent and well balanced with it neither being rushed at all or our waiter and servers disappearing for long periods. They were also very helpful and pleasant, which was certainly expected at an eatery such as this, but is never guaranteed.

My wife started with the Spring Greens with Candied Pecans and Raspberry Vinaigrette, that apparently did not wow her, but she said was still good. I had the Chilled Shrimp with Cocktail Sauce but also asked for horseradish and I was extremely pleased. I LOVE fresh horseradish and this was definitely just grated. It was great.

For entrées, my wife ordered the Pistachio Crusted Rack of Lamb with a side of Yukon Gold Garlic Mashed Potatoes and she loved it. I tried the mashed potatoes myself and they were delicious. I had the Bone-in Rib Eye with the Signature “Steakhouse 55” Rub, medium rare, with a side of Sautéed Green Beans with Apple Wood-smoked Bacon. Both were cooked perfectly and excellent. Just a note about the side dishes – we were told by the waiter that they were large enough for two and they were easily that large if not larger.

I have read reviews comparing the steaks here to Ruth’s Chris. I wouldn’t go that far because my experience at Ruth’s Chris was other-worldly as far as beef is concerned. But, all in all, this was an excellent meal and a great dining experience. After a long day on our feet at Disneyland it was very nice to have a very nice, relaxing dinner and have a special occasion be that much more special.

I would definitely highly recommend Steakhouse 55.