“Great Hotel in Napa Area!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in American Canyon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Manhattan Beach, California
“Great Hotel in Napa Area!”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights over the July 4 weekend. We weren't quite sure on the location or quality of the hotel when booking but were very pleasantly surprised upon arrival. The location is ~10 minutes to downtown Napa, and a very easy drive to all the valley locations including Sonoma.

Check-in was a quick and smooth process where they gave us hotel and area information as well as a couple tasty cookies. When we got to our room "Chinchilla" it was a corner room on the "top floor" (second floor). The room and bathroom were huge. The room seemed very clean and modern, perhaps recently updated.

We forgot toothpaste and preferred a bar of soap to their dispensed soap in the shower which was no problem to request at the front desk.

Unfortunately, we didn't have enough time to enjoy the pool, spa or restaurant. After finding that everything was closed at 9:30 on Thursday night in downtown Napa we did try to go to the restaurant at the hotel but found that they closed at 10pm. We ended up ordering a chicken finger meal and two beers from room service which is open until 11.

Overall we would definitely stay here if in the area again. We highly recommend it.

Green Features: This hotel is Gold LEED certified and you can tell they want to maintain this status but also want you to feel like you have all the amenities you need during your stay.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Erik B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Abigial F., Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I am delighted to read your comments and sincerely appreciate your feedback. I do hope you will return soon, so you can experience the amazing enhancements we have planned for SUMMER/FALL 2014; new carpeting in our 132 guest rooms/suites. Upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms. An overall new look and experience to our beautiful lagoon area. Upon completion, our lagoon area will have seating for outdoor food and beverage service, fire pits, plush upscale outdoor furniture, and can be transformed into water’s edge setting to accommodate outdoor Wedding Ceremonies. If I can provide you with any additional information, please contact me directly: (707) 674-2100. Thank you for being our guest!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Caswell Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Were not sure what to expect. We were in the Hippo room. It was huge for two people. It was very clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The restaurant on site was very good and the service was also good. I would stay here again. Within 8 minutes to downtown Napa. What else could you want. Did I mention the two TV,s.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Thomas K., Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I am delighted to read your comments and sincerely appreciate your feedback. I do hope you will return soon, so you can experience the amazing enhancements we have planned for SUMMER/FALL 2014; new carpeting in our 132 guest rooms/suites. Upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms. An overall new look and experience to our beautiful lagoon area. Upon completion, our lagoon area will have seating for outdoor food and beverage service, fire pits, plush upscale outdoor furniture, and can be transformed into water’s edge setting to accommodate outdoor Wedding Ceremonies. If I can provide you with any additional information, please contact me directly: (707) 674-2100. Thank you for being our guest!
Turlock, United States
Reviewed July 5, 2014

i have live in double tree in california, i think this is mre beautiful that other. this one have a lagoon here, it makes me feel good. and the room is large than the one is LA or san francisco airport

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Yongiian L., Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I am delighted to read your comments and sincerely appreciate your feedback. I do hope you will return soon, so you can experience the amazing enhancements we have planned for SUMMER/FALL 2014; new carpeting in our 132 guest rooms/suites. Upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms. An overall new look and experience to our beautiful lagoon area. Upon completion, our lagoon area will have seating for outdoor food and beverage service, fire pits, plush upscale outdoor furniture, and can be transformed into water’s edge setting to accommodate outdoor Wedding Ceremonies. If I can provide you with any additional information, please contact me directly: (707) 674-2100. Thank you for being our guest!
American Canyon, United States
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We thought our room was fantastic. It was clean, well designed and the decor was very attractive. The restaurant far exceeded our expectations in choices and quality. Friday night's live music was exceptional.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear William C., Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I am delighted to read your comments and sincerely appreciate your feedback. I do hope you will return soon, so you can experience the amazing enhancements we have planned for SUMMER/FALL 2014; new carpeting in our 132 guest rooms/suites. Upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms. An overall new look and experience to our beautiful lagoon area. Upon completion, our lagoon area will have seating for outdoor food and beverage service, fire pits, plush upscale outdoor furniture, and can be transformed into water’s edge setting to accommodate outdoor Wedding Ceremonies. If I can provide you with any additional information, please contact me directly: (707) 674-2100. Thank you for being our guest!
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed from 06/24/2014 through 06/29/2014. The restaurant hade an excellent buffet for breakfast. The entertainment on Friday night was top notch. All their employees were very helpful. The rooms were clean and had plenty of space. The pool and Jacuzzi were well maintained. We would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear BeachGoer1151, Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I am delighted to read your comments and sincerely appreciate your feedback. I do hope you will return soon, so you can experience the amazing enhancements we have planned for SUMMER/FALL 2014; new carpeting in our 132 guest rooms/suites. Upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms. An overall new look and experience to our beautiful lagoon area. Upon completion, our lagoon area will have seating for outdoor food and beverage service, fire pits, plush upscale outdoor furniture, and can be transformed into water’s edge setting to accommodate outdoor Wedding Ceremonies. If I can provide you with any additional information, please contact me directly: (707) 674-2100. Thank you for being our guest!
Cool
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is part of a continuing series of my impressions and experiences staying at various hotels and resorts while traveling to attend concerts worldwide. This stay was during my recent trip to Napa in June 2014. This review is for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley.

Property: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon (formerly Gaia Napa Valley Hotel)
Location: American Canyon, California
Address: 3600 Broadway Street, American Canyon, CA 94503
Phone: (855) 277-4931
Website: www.hilton.com
Room Type/Class: Standard King Bed Room (Room 106 "Chinpanzee")
Date: June 27 - June 28, 2014
Booking Source: Direct
Overall Rating: 3.5/5 [Note: Score is totally subjective based on price, location, and comparison to "like" properties within same area and price range]

I stayed at this property in late June as I was visiting Napa to cover a concert. As it was a late booking at a popular time of year, similar properties in Napa proper were either sold out or significantly higher than their base rates, so I looked for a chain property outside of Napa but a short drive. I was unfamiliar with this DoubleTree, but have enjoyed many Hilton properties so thought I would give it a try. My overall rating is mediocre based on the relatively high price (around $200/night) and otherwise lackluster location.

I had a late (post concert) check-in and the front desk representative was very kind and helpful.

To access the room, it required exiting the lobby and walking across the center courtyard, and then using the room key to access the appropriate building. Parking surrounds the entire property though, so it is also possible to park close to your room.

The room itself was clean and contemporary, but kind of unremarkable - somewhat of a standard for the Hilton chain though. There were swans on the bed and sink, crafted out of folded towels, which I didn't understand until I went into the courtyard the next morning and found swans swimming in the pond/water feature at the center of the courtyard.

With a one night stay, I did not have a chance to explore any of the spa or restaurant options.

It was a fine hotel, but the price/location ratio (at least for the specific stay) did not quite fit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Rock SubCulture, Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I am delighted to read your comments and sincerely appreciate your feedback. I do hope you will return soon, so you can experience the amazing enhancements we have planned for SUMMER/FALL 2014; new carpeting in our 132 guest rooms/suites. Upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms. An overall new look and experience to our beautiful lagoon area. Upon completion, our lagoon area will have seating for outdoor food and beverage service, fire pits, plush upscale outdoor furniture, and can be transformed into water’s edge setting to accommodate outdoor Wedding Ceremonies. If I can provide you with any additional information, please contact me directly: (707) 674-2100. Thank you for being our guest!
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel. The front staff were always very courteous, helpful, and prompt. Cleaning staff was professional and attentive.

This hotel had a restaurant and spa attached. While we didn't visit the spa, the restaurant was a miss. We stood waiting for five minutes (along with another couple that happened to walk in at the same time we did). Although four separate waiters acknowledged our presence, no one was willing to seat either us or the other couple. We left.

The pool is very nice and underutilized. There are chair lifts for disabled to be able to get into the pool and hot tub which was a nice feature. The spa was warm and the jets worked well. Pool was also heated and was nice in the afternoon.

Room was clean and well maintained. It is a LEED facility, so they don't give you a full compliment of towels like other hotels. The bed was too hard and the pillows too soft for us to sleep great, but it was good enough.

This is a great hotel to stay for Napa trips as its just a short drive down the highway and half the cost!

Overall, a great place.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Marshall L., Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I am delighted to read your comments and sincerely appreciate your feedback. I do hope you will return soon, so you can experience the amazing enhancements we have planned for SUMMER/FALL 2014; new carpeting in our 132 guest rooms/suites. Upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms. An overall new look and experience to our beautiful lagoon area. Upon completion, our lagoon area will have seating for outdoor food and beverage service, fire pits, plush upscale outdoor furniture, and can be transformed into water’s edge setting to accommodate outdoor Wedding Ceremonies. If I can provide you with any additional information, please contact me directly: (707) 674-2100. Thank you for being our guest!
Also consider these accommodations in or near American Canyon
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley - American Canyon
Best Western Plus Elm House Inn
Hampton Inn and Suites Napa
Best Western Plus Inn At The Vines
Hilton Garden Inn Napa
Fairfield Inn & Suites Napa American Canyon

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon

Property: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon
Address: 3600 Broadway St, American Canyon, CA 94503-1259 (Formerly Gaia Napa Valley Hotel)
Location: United States > California > Napa Valley > American Canyon
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in American Canyon
Hotel Class:3.5 star — DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon 3.5*
The DoubleTree Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon hotel in northern California is the World's First LEED-Certified Hotel, located near hundreds of wineries in the Sonoma Valley - on Highway 29 at the gateway to Napa Valley (9 minutes from Napa). Relax at our on-site spa - Spa Gaia - or enjoy organic, locally-gathered meals at the Table 29 Bistro & Bar (also on-site). Our eco-friendly hotel includes a sparkling lagoon (suites with water views available), fitness room, outdoor pool, lounge/bar area, room service, multi-lingual staff and free parking (evening security provided). Host your wedding on our outdoor event deck with views of our sparkling Lagoon. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree By Hilton Hotel And Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon