“Very Good Accomodations”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
San Leandro, United States
“Very Good Accomodations”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

More than pleasantly surprised. Easy access, quiet, clean. King bed sturdy, didn't squeak or make noise. Room had plenty of space not cramped. Warm cookies upon registration, desk clerks very accomodating. Small jacuzzi, just enough for 6 people, so we got to know eac ohter. No info about the Spa in the room. Overall, we would visit again,.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Erik B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear Rosemary C., Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I am delighted to read your comments and sincerely appreciate your wonderful feedback. I am sorry for the absence of a Spa Gaia menu in your guest room, normally Spa Gaia printed materials can be found on the desk. I do hope you will return soon to enjoy some of the improvements we are planning, new carpeting in our guest rooms, and upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms and an overall new look and feel to our already beautifully appointed lagoon area. Thank you for being our guest!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Great location if you don't mind not being in the center of the Napa Valley craziness. It's also important to note that by craziness I also mean not being subjected to the typical hotel rates in this area. This hotel is much nicer than depicted the pictures. We were nicely surprised.
This Double Tree foots the bill if you want to save a few bucks and stay at a hotel that has really nice rooms (with beautiful bathrooms) elegant restaurant, gorgeous pond that has exotic birds and a pool/ spa area that is charming. Don't forget this is the wine country so do remember to bring your bottle of wine down to the pool. If you are an H Honors member you will also be treated to a great happy hour every evening. We would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends. For the price you can't do better.

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Andrew G
Erik B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Andrew G., Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I truly appreciate your wonderful comments, it sounds as though you had a wonderful stay with us, and quite frankly, that makes my entire day. I do hope you will return soon to enjoy some of the improvements we are planning, new carpeting in our guest rooms, and upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms and an overall new look and feel to our already beautifully appointed lagoon area.
Houston, United States
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Friendly and very accommodating staff. Very knowledgeable as far information and direction of surrounding area. Room was very clean and quite, barely noticeable outside noise. Not quite Napa or Somona but close enough. Location is actually perfect if going to SF as well. Quick access to 80 down 29 via Vallejo. In the City in minutes. Also price is very reasonable compared to Napa and any place north. Will stay here again

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Alon A., Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I truly appreciate your wonderful comments, it sounds as though you had a wonderful stay with us, and quite frankly, that makes my entire day. I do hope you will return soon to enjoy some of the improvements we are planning, new carpeting in our guest rooms, and upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms and an overall new look and feel to our already beautifully appointed lagoon area.
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed March 3, 2014

This is a terrific hotel with an extremely helpful staff, a great restaurant and a wonderful spa. It is about 10 miles south of downtown Napa (reason for four stars) on Highway 29, but is conveniently located for visiting both Napa valley and Sonoma wineries. My suggestion is: don't drive, take the guided winery tour by Platypus. Rooms were comfortable, with a lovely view of the lagoon that has some swans and other birds, and surrounded by nice landscaping. Hotel also complies with energy savings and sustainabilty standards to earn the LEED certification, a big plus in my book. Everyone at the hotel--front desk, restaurant, spa-- were very friendly and went the extra mile to make our stay memorable. We had breakfast every morning and one lunch and one dinner over five days, and the food is wonderful with fresh, local ingredients. Did I mention great chocolate chip cookies? All in all, a great place that is also a great value. We will definitely come back!

Room Tip: ask for rooms facing the lagoon
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Arvkin, Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I truly appreciate your wonderful comments, it sounds as though you had a wonderful stay with us, and quite frankly, that makes my entire day. I do hope you will return soon to enjoy some of the improvements we are planning, new carpeting in our guest rooms, and upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms and an overall new look and feel to our already beautifully appointed lagoon area.
Los Altos, California
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I booked our annual GM Conference at the Doubletree in American Canyon. Couldn't be happier with the hospitality, quality of the guest rooms and meeting rooms. The banquet food was great which is unusual for meetings and the entire catering staff was friendly and helpful every minute of the day. We will definately return for other meetings and I will bring my wife back for a Napa weekend and stay here too! Golfers loved that the Chardonnay Golf Course is only a few miles from the hotel and our wine tour was also a huge hit (Doubletree helped set up transportation, etc).

Room Tip: While the hotel faces Sonoma Hwy, once you come through the doors, you encounter a quiet world set a...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Doug G., Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent GM Conference at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I truly appreciate your wonderful comments, it sounds as though you (and your colleagues) had a wonderful conference/stay with us, and quite frankly, that makes my entire day, in fact, it makes my week!!! The Management Team and I review all tripadvisor® feedback in our weekly staff meeting and your kind review will one of the highlights when we reconvene later this week. I do hope you will return soon to enjoy some of the improvements we are planning, new carpeting in our guest rooms, and upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms and an overall new look and feel to our already beautifully appointed lagoon area.
Essen, Germany
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I checked in at 3 p. m. (by the way I had to ask for the usual doubletree cookie.) I got the room and found out that it was not possible to flush the toilet. I went to the reception and requested either to repair the trouble or to change the room. There were three people there: two ladies, one of which - Genevieve - turned out to be particularly unfriendly, and a man, who insinuated I would not be able to flush, I would not push hard enough, they would have a new water-saving system which requires hard pushing. Of course, this was nonsense. I said I would be gone for the afternoon and requested again to fix it and this was actually promised to me. I came back at 9, i.e. after 6 hours. Nobody had done anything! I went down and found Genevieve, who first did so as if she knew nothing, at the end said, she assumed, it would have been done and eventually agreed to give me another room. Of course, in this other room I was strong enough to flush and everything worked. Anyway here there were no single soap, shampoo or body lotion (which were in the first room) and no free bottles of water.

Other than this, the hotel is a pretty property with a small artificial lake with waterfowls. I love animals and I am happy when I see healthy, well-kept animals.
The bedroom has what an average doubletree bedroom has. Actually, there is a refrigerator (Doubletree in Livermore has none).
I am a Hilton Gold Member and this was honoured with the usual breakfast coupon.

But all of this is worth nothing in comparison with not repairing the bathroom in 6 hours. This is a primary need. I will never sleep here again.

For the sake of truth I will say that the men who helped me with the luggage were nice

Room Tip: try to get a room close to the elevator or you have to walk miles
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear ermes 73, Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I am deeply sorry for the problems that you experienced. I have personally spoken to all staff members involved and they have asked me to apologize to you directly, on their behalf’s. I will be emailing you privately as there is something I would like to do for you, personally, as your stay here did not turn out as you intended. I look forward to speaking with you very soon.
Las Vegas, United States
Reviewed February 28, 2014

The staff was extremely helpful and went above and beyond helping us with selecting a winery to visit. Gaia staff was very helpful when I oredered food to go so my wife and I could eat in the room. I went in shower sandals, mesh shorts, and a tee shirt so really did not look like much when I sat at the bar, but they did not treat me any differently than the men in suits at the same bar. That was a nice surprise.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear, John B., Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I truly appreciate your wonderful comments, it sounds as though you had a wonderful stay with us, and quite frankly, that makes my entire day. I do hope you will return soon to enjoy some of the improvements we are planning, new carpeting in our guest rooms, and upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms and an overall new look and feel to our already beautifully appointed lagoon area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near American Canyon
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley - American Canyon
Best Western Plus Elm House Inn
Hampton Inn and Suites Napa
Best Western Plus Inn At The Vines
Hilton Garden Inn Napa
Fairfield Inn & Suites Napa American Canyon

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon

Property: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon
Address: 3600 Broadway St, American Canyon, CA 94503-1259 (Formerly Gaia Napa Valley Hotel)
Location: United States > California > Napa Valley > American Canyon
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in American Canyon
Hotel Class:3.5 star — DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon 3.5*
The DoubleTree Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon hotel in northern California is the World's First LEED-Certified Hotel, located near hundreds of wineries in the Sonoma Valley - on Highway 29 at the gateway to Napa Valley (9 minutes from Napa). Relax at our on-site spa - Spa Gaia - or enjoy organic, locally-gathered meals at the Table 29 Bistro & Bar (also on-site). Our eco-friendly hotel includes a sparkling lagoon (suites with water views available), fitness room, outdoor pool, lounge/bar area, room service, multi-lingual staff and free parking (evening security provided). Host your wedding on our outdoor event deck with views of our sparkling Lagoon. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree By Hilton Hotel And Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon