DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in American Canyon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I travel all of the time. Before landing here at the Double Tree I tried a couple of my usual Brands. They are not as flexible as these to be and I have a hard stop on business lodging at 125. NO EXCEPTIONS! Welcome to the new world order. This turned out to be better than some of my other hotel brands, the staff was really nice and inviting and the on property dining was FANTASTIC. This location has there stuff together. It is well managed, they must have a really good GM to keep all the moving pieces together. Thanks Scott

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Erik B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. Your feedback is very important to ME! I am delighted you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I trust you will return soon and when you do, please ask for me. I would to meet you personally! Thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Rooms were spacious and clean. Front desk staff was very helpful and accomadating. Food was excellent, Breakfast Buffet had many delicious items and good variety. Eggs can be cooked to order if you order the Breakfast Buffet.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. Your feedback is very important to ME! I am overwhelmed by your review and sincerely appreciate your warm comments. Please make a point to ask for me the next time you check in as I would enjoy the opportunity to meet you in person. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Good value for my dollar - but did not care for the shampoo / conditioner/ soap dispenser in the shower. I would like to know what kind of product I am using. The value of my stay was excellent, and the cookies were great! I was able to get more from the front desk when I was craving more. The business center was ok, but lacked any business supplies such as pens, or paper, or paper clips. Staff was nice but could have made me feel more welcome. I was able to get a early check in which was very accommodating.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. Your feedback is very important to ME! I am sorry our bulk soap and shower dispensers were not to your satisfaction. The use of bulk-dispensers helps to eliminate hundreds of pounds of plastic containers and packaging daily from mini shower bottles and soap. However, we do understand some guests prefer DoubleTree’s signature Citron Bath Products and therefore keep a supply at the front desk for immediate guest room delivery. I do hope you will return soon and please ask for me upon check in as I would like to personally welcome you back! Thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I can only say good things about this hotel. VERY clean, comfortable and quiet rooms. Excellent room service with above average food reasonably priced. Then...there's the cookies. I'd almost stay at a DoubleTree for the cookies. Warm chocolate chip with walnuts. BUT...a great cookie can't make up for a bad hotel. This hotel is great!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 21, 2013

This was a hotel that began as spa themed, w/ a lot of attention to natural surroundings - now a Hilton property. The grounds were very nice, buffet breakfast wonderful, many choices.
The only real thing to consider is it's location. For us it was perfect, because we went to San Francisco some days, Sonoma others, and Napa other days, so it was the perfect go-between. If you are going strictly for wine touring, it is a bit out of the way.
All in all, very good

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Doubletree in American Canyon. Our room was very clean with a comfortable bed. We had a sliding door which opened to a small table and chairs overlooking the lagoon. We ate at their restaurant and had a very good dinner, with excellent service. Although it isn't located in the heart of the wine county, it's a short drive to Napa and other delightful little towns in the wine country.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is a nice hotel that looks a little worn but still a great value for the area. If your plans include wine tasting in Napa, understand this is a reasonably priced alternative to staying farther north in Napa, Sonoma or St. Helena so you will have a scenic drive before you get to the heart of wine country. The hotel is worn, but the essentials are all there. We had probably one of the best rooms in the hotel, a patio room overlooking this little pond and waterfall. I liked to sit on the patio and enjoy the ducks, swans and whatnot, while sipping on our great "find" for the day. But it really isn't super luxurious. You'll be happy that you saved on your hotel when the bills for wine tastings keep coming in. I didn't use the fitness room at this hotel instead opting to go out for a run along the highway first thing in the AM. The sidewalk ran out after about 40 feet - and I was running on the side of the road during a very busy morning rush. We didn't eat at the attached restaurant - we just stopped in for a quick drink. Restaurants in the area are not plentiful and everything in American Canyon just seemed "tired". We did find a Whole Foods in Napa and a Trader Joe's which are always welcomed places to grab picnic essentials and room snacks. I know all the famed restaurants are north in Napa and St. Helena but we weren't lucky enough to score a reservation at the last minute. Planning is key!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. Your feedback is very important to ME! I wish you would have enjoyed a meal or two in our Gaia Restaurant, I am certain you would have found the menu offerings amazing and the food delicious. I do hope you will choose to stay with us again soon and please ask for me at check in, I would be delighted to buy you dinner during your stay. Thank you for being our guest!

Also consider these accommodations in or near American Canyon
Napa Winery Inn
Napa Winery Inn
#15 of 30 in Napa
Hampton Inn and Suites Napa

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon

Address: 3600 Broadway St, American Canyon, CA 94503-1259 (Formerly Gaia Napa Valley Hotel)
Location: United States > California > Napa Valley > American Canyon
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in American Canyon
Price Range: $107 - $262 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon 3.5*
The DoubleTree Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon hotel in northern California is the World's First LEED-Certified Hotel, located near hundreds of wineries in the Sonoma Valley - on Highway 29 at the gateway to Napa Valley (9 minutes from Napa). Relax at our on-site spa - Spa Gaia - or enjoy organic, locally-gathered meals at the Table 29 Bistro & Bar (also on-site). Our eco-friendly hotel includes a sparkling lagoon (suites with water views available), fitness room, outdoor pool, lounge/bar area, room service, multi-lingual staff and free parking (evening security provided). Host your wedding on our outdoor event deck with views of our sparkling Lagoon. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree By Hilton Hotel And Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon