“Excellent Hotel, Great Value”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in American Canyon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Springfield, IL, United States
“Excellent Hotel, Great Value”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

This is an amazing property. With large spacious rooms and a wonderful location. They are also a green hotel. The only thing I had to ask for was a couple extra towels, I called the front desk and they were there in minutes! Hands down one of the best that I have stayed at and I work in the hospitality industry.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Erik B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you kindly for you warm words and wonderful review. Working in the hospitality industry you know what it takes to manage an operation that guests love and will come back to often. Many of our staff has been here since day one and the majority of our management team was promoted from with-in. WE ALL take a great deal of pride in our beautifully appointed Hotel & Spa and the level of service we provide. Thank you for letting us know that we are doing the job we want to be doing. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Miami, United States
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Decent, comfortable room in a very convenient location; however, the hotel was poorly prepared for their full occupancy. There was no hot water on the Sunday morning of our departure, which is a basic amenity one should expect from a $250/night property. Front desk service was inadequate as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Erik B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for recently staying with us; it is always a pleasure to read comments and feedback from our guests. I do apologize, as I was unaware of a recent Sunday Morning hot water issue. I do agree with you, hot water should not be an issue, ever. I intend to send you a certificate for a complimentary future stay as my guest. In fact, I will personally oversee your reservations as I want everything to be perfect the next time. Thank you again for your candor, I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
San Antonio, TX, United States
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife and I chose to stay here for its proximity to both the Sonoma and the Napa Wine Regions. Though it was not a luxury hotel by any stretch, it was still nice enough and provided easy access to both wine regions. In the way of convenience, there was a WalMart and a few eateries very close by. The hotel was only a short distance away from HWYs 121, 12, and 37.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for pointing out our relatively close proximity to the beautiful Napa and Sonoma Wine Regions; in addition we are only three miles from Six Flags Discovery Kingdom and HWY 80. American Canyon is the Gateway to Wine Country and so many other fun activities. DoubleTree is not a luxury brand but strives to maintain a service level comparable to luxury brands. DoubleTree is a warm chocolate chip cookie upon arrival, beautifully appointed accommodations and wonderful food and beverage choices in our restaurants. In addition, DoubleTree by Hilton American Canyon has a first class day spa on site – Spa Gaia. Thank you again for your comments. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Orland, CA
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife and I booked a last minute trip to the Napa Valley and decided on this hotel. We arrived early (well before check-in), but the staff was more than happy to accommodate and check us into our room early. I had purchased a special package through their website and upon returning to the hotel, there was a bottle of sparkling wine on ice waiting for us in our room. The restaurant had great food both for dinner and breakfast and the room was clean.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Erik B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
I am delighted your last minute Napa Valley trip turned out special for the two of you. I will share you nice comments with the staff along with a personal thank you from myself. Please come back soon and don’t hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any personal assistance. You have a friend in the hotel business!
Culpeper, Virginia, USA
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed here the night after my friends wedding at V. Sattui Winery. Bit of a drive but we wanted to be closer to Bay Area the next morning to make my flight. Beautifully decorated hotel. Comfortable beds and very friendly staff. They even gave us extra cookies at check-out!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Wow! The best of three worlds! V. Sattui Winery, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel &Spa Napa Valley-American Canyon and San Francisco/The Bay Area. V. Sattui is one of my favorite wineries. In fact, next time you stay with us, please let me personally assist you with your reservations and I will also include a VIP Tasting at V. Sattui. Thank you for your wonderful comments; I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
Visalia, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Excellent experience. A beautiful Hotel run by polite professional staff. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The Hotel grounds and nicely landscaped and peaceful. The attached restaurant offers excellent food. I particularly like breakfast and the restaurant staff and very pleasant.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your wonderful comments! The management and staff take great pride in both the level of service we provide and our beautiful hotel & spa. It’s always rewarding to know our guests are going home happy. I hope you will return again soon and I have the opportunity to meet you in person.
Boston, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I booked this trip last minute and had to trust the reviews that it was in a good area and was a good Hotel. We were not disappointed. The hotel was very nice, the restaurant fun and the bartenders very friendly. The area is outstanding, a little south of the center of Napa we had an easy time driving into the center and enjoyed the wonderful wineries close by. Couldn't have had a better trip! I recommend planning in advance, I think our rates were a little higher because we made them only a week in advance, a month in advance probably would have made a huge difference.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your kind words. I am delighted you thoroughly enjoyed our beautiful Hotel & Spa. You are correct; planning in advance (when possible) is advantageous. However, should you ever find yourselves in need a of a last minute Napa Valley getaway and have trouble securing accommodations, please contact me directly, as I would be delighted to be of assistance. You have a friend in the hotel business!
Also consider these accommodations in or near American Canyon
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley - American Canyon
Best Western Plus Elm House Inn
Hampton Inn and Suites Napa
Best Western Plus Inn At The Vines
Hilton Garden Inn Napa
Fairfield Inn & Suites Napa American Canyon

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon

Property: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon
Address: 3600 Broadway St, American Canyon, CA 94503-1259 (Formerly Gaia Napa Valley Hotel)
Location: United States > California > Napa Valley > American Canyon
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in American Canyon
Hotel Class:3.5 star — DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon 3.5*
The DoubleTree Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon hotel in northern California is the World's First LEED-Certified Hotel, located near hundreds of wineries in the Sonoma Valley - on Highway 29 at the gateway to Napa Valley (9 minutes from Napa). Relax at our on-site spa - Spa Gaia - or enjoy organic, locally-gathered meals at the Table 29 Bistro & Bar (also on-site). Our eco-friendly hotel includes a sparkling lagoon (suites with water views available), fitness room, outdoor pool, lounge/bar area, room service, multi-lingual staff and free parking (evening security provided). Host your wedding on our outdoor event deck with views of our sparkling Lagoon. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree By Hilton Hotel And Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon