We had an occasion to go to a local area hotel, the Doubletree Gaia in American Canyon recently. It was close and had a good price so we went for an overnight date. The check in and out were very pleasant experiences, very professional and friendly customer service. We got our chocolate chip cookies and were happy campers.
The room was clean, large and pleasantly furnished. Bed was comfortable and I have to say, that even the pillows were comfy, which is usually my biggest complaint. They do charge you for wi-fi unless you are a Hilton Silver or Gold member. My tablet uses 4G so I didn't try the wifi.
We had a room with a small patio which was nice, but I didn't like all the cigarette butts outside the door, nor did I enjoy the swan and ducks visiting me while I tried to enjoy my wine, so I went inside shortly. The birds are nice to view and watch in the pond, but not on the patio honking at me. Next time I will book a room without that feature, since I couldn't really enjoy it and it was more money. For the hotel being on a busy highway, it was quiet and peaceful on the pond view rooms, however, which was nice.
They have a spa and restaurant onsite. I have not visited the spa, I will write a review on the restaurant. We did opt for paying a little extra and including the breakfast buffet which was very good.
All in all, we had a very nice night, and my only reason for the very good instead of excellent was the cigarette butts and birds outside on the patio. It was a non smoking room and they should check outside the slider doors once in a while and clean it up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon hotel in northern California is the World's First LEED-Certified Hotel, located near hundreds of wineries in the Sonoma Valley - on Highway 29 at the gateway to Napa Valley (9 minutes from Napa). Relax at our on-site spa - Spa Gaia - or enjoy organic, locally-gathered meals at the Table 29 Bistro & Bar (also on-site). Our eco-friendly hotel includes a sparkling lagoon (suites with water views available), fitness room, outdoor pool, lounge/bar area, room service, multi-lingual staff and free parking (evening security provided). Host your wedding on our outdoor event deck with views of our sparkling Lagoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Hotel And Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon
- Hotel Gaia Napa Valley
- Gaia Napa Valley American Canyon