“Poor Hotel, Poor Service, Poor Treatment” 1 of 5 bubbles

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in American Canyon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Port St. Lucie, United States
“Poor Hotel, Poor Service, Poor Treatment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Maybe it was because I used my Hhonors points for this trip, because I have never used them before, but this was my only week's vacation during the year and I wanted it to be special for my wife and I. To achieve the diamond level by mid-year means I have stayed in so many different Hilton family hotels I can't count. This was by far my worst experience with Hilton. Not only was I put in the worst room, I had to stay in that room for a week. How disappointing for a diamond member to be treated this way because I use points for payment. Those points are earned. The room was on the first floor, and every night we laid awake in our 2 beds, yes our 2 beds and listened to the people above us walk back and forth on the floor. Boom boom boom boom. The room looked out the back to a deserted parking lot. Nice. The room had a dangerous broken outlet on the wall and the toilet paper holder was hanging out of the wall. I asked twice for a different room with a king bed (my preference) but was told "we are completely booked". I will NEVER stay at this hotel again, and now I am wondering whether it's worth it to collect Hhonors points because they seem to have little value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

2 Thank Dale W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Gainesville, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

We reserved this hotel, because of the room rates. We were visiting Napa Valley, and this
was a less expensive alternative. The distance was about 10 miles, but it was worth it for the
difference in price.
The only problem was the carpets in all the rooms were soiled, and were being cleaned while
we were there. They obviously needed to be replaced.
The restaurant and service were very nice. The grounds were attractive with a pond, swans and
a swimming pool, but the landscaping could have also used a lift..this being California.
However, I would stay there again.This

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Brenda S
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed here one night while visiting Napa Valley! The hotel is not bad at all, pretty nice, very friendly and helpful staff! The best part is the location, it's right off the highway en route to all the vineyards! We did not try the restaurant or the spa, so I cannot comment on that! I actually would recommend dining at some of the local restaurants! Oh, a great positive, I forgot my very expensive camera lens when we checked out, got 30 minutes away, and the staff called to let me know! A lifesaver indeed!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank lnrogers1220
Dallas, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

This hotel has good location. Being one of the only Hilton properties near Napa Valley, it has only that going for it. The rooms and common areas need a facelift and a heavy cleaning. The dervice at the front desk while abundant, there seems to be a lcak of leadership, "who's on first" kind of thing. The spa at the hotel is a very nice option for guests. Although sparse in facilities, the staff is great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Roger R
West Orange, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Doubletree Napa on a 3 day trip to the Napa region and were pleased by how pretty the property is. The property is located on 29 which leads to tons of wineries and gives easy access to downtown Napa (10 mins). The rooms were simple but nice and the pool is a bit on the small side. The best part of our stay at the Doubletree Napa was the staff, particularly Raj, who went out of his way to give us great recommendations on which wineries to visit and great places to eat and see. We will stay here again.

Stayed September 2013
1 Thank ERMays
Redmond, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

The Spa Gaia was by far the best part, great massages, atmosphere, and customer service. However when I originally booked my stay me and my husband we supposed to have the Couples Spa Package for 1 night and 1 night at the regular stay rate. The issue I had was during check-in, the representatives were inconsistent with what was offered, I had to go back to talk with a Manager about getting what was actually offered. Overall the hotel was nice but not nearly as "green" as possible, they don't even had auto lights.... That is something that even $35.00/night hotels to conserve energy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Jessica K
Cos Cob, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Good location in Napa. Close to all the wineries. We had a car so it made it very easy. Yountville is about 13 miles away and downtown Napa is about 9 miles. Close to all the great restaurants in the area. The breakfast buffet was very good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Also consider these accommodations in or near American Canyon
Hilton Garden Inn Napa
BEST WESTERN PLUS Elm House Inn
Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa
Embassy Suites by Hilton Napa Valley
Hampton Inn and Suites Napa
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Napa Valley

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon

Property: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon
Address: 3600 Broadway St, American Canyon, CA 94503-1259 (Formerly Gaia Napa Valley Hotel)
Location: United States > California > Napa Valley > American Canyon
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in American Canyon
Hotel Class:3.5 star — DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon 3.5*
The DoubleTree Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon hotel in northern California is the World's First LEED-Certified Hotel, located near hundreds of wineries in the Sonoma Valley - on Highway 29 at the gateway to Napa Valley (9 minutes from Napa). Relax at our on-site spa - Spa Gaia - or enjoy organic, locally-gathered meals at the Table 29 Bistro & Bar (also on-site). Our eco-friendly hotel includes a sparkling lagoon (suites with water views available), fitness room, outdoor pool, lounge/bar area, room service, multi-lingual staff and free parking (evening security provided). Host your wedding on our outdoor event deck with views of our sparkling Lagoon. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree By Hilton Hotel And Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon