“Somewhat disappointed for a DoubleTree” 3 of 5 bubbles

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in American Canyon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Irvine, Orange, United States
“Somewhat disappointed for a DoubleTree”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Good location, quiet and safe room, but average service. Clean and comfortable beds, free wireless internet, but the bathroom arrangement is inconvenient. Didn't use other facility, so could not review on that.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Erik B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
I do apologize that you found our service to be average. Quite honestly, we are constantly challenging ourselves to do it better. Our goal is to be the BEST in Napa Valley. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you and I can assure you, when you do, we will go out of our way to change that average to outstanding. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance to you – when making future reservations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were lucky to find this gem of a place when our travel plans changed last minute- and it was a terrific deal! The checkin process was quick, the staff was friendly and we were given warm chocolate chip cookies upon arrival- definitely won me over. The rooms were very nice- large, clean and extremely comfortable… after a week of sleeping in hotels across California, I can honestly say that Double Tree had the most comfortable beds by far! Although the breakfast wasn’t included, for a minimal charge you could have a full breakfast buffet and omelets or eggs any style cooked to order- and it was awesome! This location was perfect- only about 10-15 minutes outside of downtown Napa area, and a terrific deal- considerably better pricing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Erik B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
We are lucky too! To have such wonderful guests staying with us. I am truly delighted that our accommodations, friendly staff and warm Chocolate Chip Cookies “won you over”! Please think of us again, the next time you travels take you to The Napa Valley. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Thousand Oaks, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

First -- it's a DoubleTree -- so who can complain about the cookies at check-in; Super-clean grounds; Restaurant & Spa on-site; but American Canyon is literally 10 minutes from downtown Napa or the start of the Silverado Trail - or the Carneros region. The best part is you don't have to pay Napa room rates. AWESOME!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am delighted you enjoyed our property. Yes, Downtown Napa, amazing wineries and the legendary Carneros region are just a moments away. In addition, heading west, you’ll discover Six Flags Discovery Kingdom is on five minutes from our front door. I do hope that you will return soon and we can possibly meet in person.
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband recently had the pleasure of staying at the Doubletree in Napa. We were very satisfied with our accomodations. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. Nothing fancy, but a very nice property overall. The staff was very friendly - especially in the onsight restaurant. The grounds were quite nice and even relaxing - which was surprising because of the location on a busy roadway.
We ate in the restaurant onsight several times - the staff bent over backwards to make sure we were well taken care of.
We were in Napa to spend time touring the beautiful valley and winerys. This is the perfect place to start and end your day.
We did not make use of the pool or spa during our visit, so I can't make any comment on those parts of the property.
I would have no problem recommending this property to someone for a wine tasting excursion.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to provide positive feedback and an honest evaluation of our property and overall level of service. I am delighted you found the staff both friendly and accommodating. As you were unable to enjoy a treatment or two at our beautiful Spa Gaia, you will need to plan another trip very soon. When you do, please call the hotel directly and ask to speak with the General Manager; it will be my pleasure to personally assist you with your reservations.
trvlgrl6
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Front desk staff promised they'd put our two bags into our room since it was not ready when we arrived. We get back to the hotel late with our other bags and they had not moved our bags for us. They didnt even apologize. Had to lug all our luggage alone to the room.

Had an "upgraded" room with a "patio" the patio was tiny and and dirty.

Only an OK hotel with an expensive price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
I do apologize for the substandard service you recently received from our front desk staff. There is no reason that your luggage should have been not delivered as promised. I will personally speak with the entire front office staff during their next scheduled staff meeting. Our patio rooms have been recently upgraded to include new patio furniture and the grounds between the patio and lagoon has also been refreshed to go with the new look around the lagoon. These projects were completed shortly before Memorial Day Weekend. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the outstanding service and accommodations we have become known for. I promise you, give us another chance and your previous rating of “OK” will change to Outstanding! Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly as I will be happy to assist you with your reservations.
Dallas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

If you would rather stay in a Green location this is for you. If you like water pressure and bar soap - select another location. The staff is very helpful and friendly - just not able to provide what was needed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

The fact we are“Green Hotel” does not mean bar soap is not available. In fact, there is a sign in every guest bathroom that reads, if there is a need for DoubleTree’s signature Citron Bath amenities, please call the front desk and we will be happy to deliver them directly to your room. Being a “Green Hotel” does not mean less, it means MORE!!! We are very proud to have been the very first hotel to receive Gold LEED certification. We care about the environment and our commitment is demonstrated in everything we do. I am delighted you found our staff helpful and friendly and I am certain if you return you will be equally impressed with our overall property. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly to assist you with future reservations.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I'll say up front that I'm a quietly picky guest and travel widely, so the negative reviews for this hotel surprise me. We were checked in with friendly efficiency and our room was very clean, very well-decorated, quiet, and comfortable. Great linens & bed. However, the real surprise was the restaurant~~amazing! The food was WONDERFUL, the plating was impeccable, and the server was efficient, a perfect experience, and it's been forever since I've been in a restaurant in any country, big city or small town, that made me want to come back. I thought this experience deserved a few minutes of my time to pass it along to others who might not think of trying a hotel restaurant in the Napa/Sonoma area, with all the other choices there are. I'm truly glad we were too road weary to look further.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback. I am delighted that we were able to both meet and exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near American Canyon
Hilton Garden Inn Napa
BEST WESTERN PLUS Elm House Inn
Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa
Embassy Suites by Hilton Napa Valley
Hampton Inn and Suites Napa
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Napa Valley

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon

Property: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon
Address: 3600 Broadway St, American Canyon, CA 94503-1259 (Formerly Gaia Napa Valley Hotel)
Location: United States > California > Napa Valley > American Canyon
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in American Canyon
Hotel Class:3.5 star — DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon 3.5*
The DoubleTree Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon hotel in northern California is the World's First LEED-Certified Hotel, located near hundreds of wineries in the Sonoma Valley - on Highway 29 at the gateway to Napa Valley (9 minutes from Napa). Relax at our on-site spa - Spa Gaia - or enjoy organic, locally-gathered meals at the Table 29 Bistro & Bar (also on-site). Our eco-friendly hotel includes a sparkling lagoon (suites with water views available), fitness room, outdoor pool, lounge/bar area, room service, multi-lingual staff and free parking (evening security provided). Host your wedding on our outdoor event deck with views of our sparkling Lagoon. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree By Hilton Hotel And Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon