This hotel is right off hwy 29, just 10-15 minutes south of riverfront/oxbow public market and maybe 20 min to Yountville, convenient to most everything in napa, assuming u have a car. There is not much near the hotel so if u need toiletries/groceries, get them when u are downtown. There is a small market across the highway by Caffino. Not many restaurants nearby except greasy spoons. We had a corner room on the 2nd floor by the railroad tracks. I was concerned i'd be hearing trains all night but it was very quiet. The room was huge but could have been better appointed. A lot of open space that u can't do anything with. With so much extra space I am not sure why they made the bathroom so small that you can't fully open the bathroom door. The door bangs against the toilet. Also the bathroom has no place to hang towels. It is nice that they have dispensers for soap, shampoo, conditioner instead of individual bottles. Also have recycle bins in the rooms. Fridge and free wifi too. There are rooms on the first floor with patios facing the pond if u want a room with a view. The pool is small but does the job. Only 2 lounge chairs. There is a hot tub but it did not appear to be working. Free parking. You can park your car close to your room, nice for loading/unloading your luggage. Was very glad that all doors to the hotel are locked 24/7 and you can only enter with a room key. Did not use restaurant or spa. Hotel desperately needs updating. Everything seems very early 80s. Drove to SFO on Fri morning (10am) and it took no longer than one hour from door to door, including dropping off our rental car and taking the air train in. Overall, this is a perfectly fine hotel if u are just looking for a clean and fairly convenient place to sleep n shower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon hotel in northern California is the World's First LEED-Certified Hotel, located near hundreds of wineries in the Sonoma Valley - on Highway 29 at the gateway to Napa Valley (9 minutes from Napa). Relax at our on-site spa - Spa Gaia - or enjoy organic, locally-gathered meals at the Table 29 Bistro & Bar (also on-site). Our eco-friendly hotel includes a sparkling lagoon (suites with water views available), fitness room, outdoor pool, lounge/bar area, room service, multi-lingual staff and free parking (evening security provided). Host your wedding on our outdoor event deck with views of our sparkling Lagoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Hotel And Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon
- Hotel Gaia Napa Valley
- Gaia Napa Valley American Canyon