1,141 results
All reviews double tree cookies napa valley patio room wine country breakfast buffet on site restaurant lagoon view would stay here again san francisco upon check short drive nice stay easy access wine tasting pond gaia
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I try to avoid 'bashing' properties as they did nothing to personally offend or hurt me; not this one anyway..... But, my experiences with Doubletree Hotels (even after being acquired by Hilton) over the past 10 years have been below my satisfaction (to put it cleanly and nicely.) We chose this hotel because it was conveniently located in between Sonoma and Napa. The price was right, also. The outside look of the hotel made me laugh when I first saw photos, and even pulling up to the hotel was humorous. Fortunately, the lobby, rooms, and restaurant were 'tastefully' decorated- neutral and nothing out of the ordinary. The room was fine. Fine to me means, well.... fine. It was.... a room. The issue came when we needed housekeeping and maintenance. They didn't do their job properly upon arriving at the hotel, and we had to call a few times over the course of the day to get their attention. I understand people make mistakes and things, and the issues weren't awful, but the fact that we had to call a few times and the whole request took half a day was unacceptable to us. The manager did intervene when he got wind of the issues, and did comp us on our breakfast, dinner, and drinks. I know he did the best he could. However, I shouldn't have to 'fight' to get towels. We had other issues that weren't major, but just not what we wanted to deal with on our vacation. Again, management stepped in quickly and gave us free stuff, but the annoyance wasn't worth it. We did like the onsite restaurant. I appreciated the healthy and vegetarian selections that are so hard to find in my part of the US. I wouldn't say this hotel was awful, but we will not be staying here next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2012

For the price, this is a great hotel just outside wine country. This is a great alternative for people who don't want to pay a lot for the places in Yountville and such.

Stayed after a late night flight just for one day before moving deeper into Napa.

Pros: front desk staff was very friendly and the free cookie they welcome you with was actually amazing. We got a corner room and it was HUGE for this price but again I think it was only because we lucked out and got a corner. Beds are decently soft and the grounds are nice.

Cons: we kept heating this noise all night that vaguely reminded me of a very distant and quieter cruise horn. It wasn't overwhelmingly loud but it was pound enough to disrupt our sleep (we are light sleepers). Couldn't figure out if it was the wall air unit or outside so if you are a light sleeper, this may not be the place for you (or maybe it was just the room). Also found the pillows to be quite flat.

Overall a nice place if you want to go to Napa but not pay outrageous prices.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Nice, clean hotel. Close enough to Napa for limo tours or self tours. Several wineries within 5 miles. Rooms are a nice size and well appointed for a 3 star hotel. Grounds are clean and restaurant is nice option if you don;t want to leave the property after a day of wine tasting. Not 5 star, but clean and nice for the price.

Room Tip: get a room facing the "Lagoon"
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I gave this hotel only 3 stars, not because there was anything major, but because I felt he level of details were not up to par with the Doubletree standard. The rooms were comfortable with a feel of an eco friendly hotel, you could feel this by the lack of amenities in the bathroom!

The staff was very friendly. I just wish I could have had another night in the hotel to experience all it had to offer.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

I had certain expectations from a Doubletree. This is not a full service hotel and more typical of a motel as I had to wheel my own luggage to and from my car. I certainly do not mind carrying my own bags...just did not expect having to do it. Not knowing the area, I wished I would have stayed closer to Napa and St. Helena area. Other than these, the hotel filled my basic needs.

• Stayed: December 2012