I try to avoid 'bashing' properties as they did nothing to personally offend or hurt me; not this one anyway..... But, my experiences with Doubletree Hotels (even after being acquired by Hilton) over the past 10 years have been below my satisfaction (to put it cleanly and nicely.) We chose this hotel because it was conveniently located in between Sonoma and Napa. The price was right, also. The outside look of the hotel made me laugh when I first saw photos, and even pulling up to the hotel was humorous. Fortunately, the lobby, rooms, and restaurant were 'tastefully' decorated- neutral and nothing out of the ordinary. The room was fine. Fine to me means, well.... fine. It was.... a room. The issue came when we needed housekeeping and maintenance. They didn't do their job properly upon arriving at the hotel, and we had to call a few times over the course of the day to get their attention. I understand people make mistakes and things, and the issues weren't awful, but the fact that we had to call a few times and the whole request took half a day was unacceptable to us. The manager did intervene when he got wind of the issues, and did comp us on our breakfast, dinner, and drinks. I know he did the best he could. However, I shouldn't have to 'fight' to get towels. We had other issues that weren't major, but just not what we wanted to deal with on our vacation. Again, management stepped in quickly and gave us free stuff, but the annoyance wasn't worth it. We did like the onsite restaurant. I appreciated the healthy and vegetarian selections that are so hard to find in my part of the US. I wouldn't say this hotel was awful, but we will not be staying here next time we are in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon hotel in northern California is the World's First LEED-Certified Hotel, located near hundreds of wineries in the Sonoma Valley - on Highway 29 at the gateway to Napa Valley (9 minutes from Napa). Relax at our on-site spa - Spa Gaia - or enjoy organic, locally-gathered meals at the Table 29 Bistro & Bar (also on-site). Our eco-friendly hotel includes a sparkling lagoon (suites with water views available), fitness room, outdoor pool, lounge/bar area, room service, multi-lingual staff and free parking (evening security provided). Host your wedding on our outdoor event deck with views of our sparkling Lagoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Hotel And Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon
- Hotel Gaia Napa Valley
- Gaia Napa Valley American Canyon