1,136 results
All reviewsdouble treecookiesnapa valleypatio roomwine countrybreakfast buffeton site restaurantlagoon viewwould stay here againsan franciscoupon checkshort drivenice stayeasy accesswine tastingpondgaia
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed here not for the Napa Valley wine tasting (although you could very well do that) I was on my way to Infineon race track for some car racing. First of all if you're going to the track from this hotel on a weekday morning, it backs up on hwy 37 going West from about 7am. Plan accordingly. Now on to the hotel. I checked in at 10:30pm, room reserved no problem and had 2 warm cookies after receiving my room keys. Nice touch, each room is named in case you're not a number person. The room was clean, the bed was comfy, and the bath towels weren't like gym towels. The back patio opened up into a pond with a few ducks and birds and it's actually nice. You almost couldn't here road noise as this room faced the inside of the complex as opposed to the outside. Light sleeper, I'd opt for a room like this. Overall a very nice stay, I'd come back.

Room Tip: see review
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Travlholic
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The room was very nice, the only king suite, I was told. The bed was very comfortable, the layout a bit strange, but functional. The 2 flat screens were a plus. The shower made a loud squeal and my room service on the last morning had to be cancelled because after an hour and twenty minutes I gave up. and because they forgot about us. We checked out and had a meal at a local restaurant. Unfortunately I wouldn't return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank captE48
Erik B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for staying with us during your anniversary weekend. We are glad that you enjoyed our king suite. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with our room service delivery. This is not typical of our hotel and we regret that this affected the rest of your trip. We hope you will give us another chance in the future to provide the best service possible.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Formerly the Gaia, hotel is perfect if you want to be able to do Sonoma and Napa -- most reasonably priced-- and restaurant staff very friendly. Only has breakfast but they made me to go boxes very early to take on way to our Balloon Tour-- not the Four Seasons but it is a nice stay in a relaxed atmosphere.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank 10008rrr
Reviewed October 18, 2012

From top down, this hotel was just a wonderfully run place. Clean rooms, attentive staff, lovely pool, great plethora of warm cookies all the time, and the on-site restaurant was super. There was one concierge, Leticia, who went above and beyond to help with our questions. She was very polite, friendly, and treated us like house guests. The pool was really neat with grape vines all along the fence...and we helped ourselves as they were perfectly ripe. We had a little patio on the lagoon level and it was fun to do wine and cheese there before heading out for the night. Very relaxing place.

Kudos to the staff at Doubletree for running a great hotel.

Room Tip: Request a lagoon level/view room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights earlier this month and cannot recommend this hotel for several reasons. First, while the furniture in the rooms is typical of Doubletree, the layout, walls, condition, etc. is more typical of an old inexpensive motel that hasn't been updated in awhile. Second, the road noise of the rooms near the road is terrible -- it sounds like cars were driving right next to our room. Third, if you are planning on using this for a base for visiting Napa, be warned that traffic to Napa and points north is very congested and stop and go during morning and evening commute hours (7:30-9:00am, 3-7pm).
Finally, the service is not what you expect from a Doubletree. I am Hilton HHonors Diamond member and we were driving from the airport to Napa and stopped by around 11am to see if we could check in and drop off our bags (I had requested an early checkin if available and understand that often it isn't available). The desk clerk looked up our reservation and said no rooms were ready so stop back after 3pm. We returned after dinner in Napa around 6:30 and when they checked us in I noticed that they changed the previously pre-assigned room to a new room number and had no idea that we had tried to checkin earlier in the day. We got to our room and it faced the road/highway and was directly across from the elevator (my profile has that I prefer a quiet room away from the elevator). We had been up for over 20 hours, so we just quickly unpacked and went to bed. During the night, the traffic noise was terrible (as mentioned above). In the morning, I asked at the desk about moving to another room and also why I had been reassigned from the room marked on the room key jacket which was toward the back of the hotel). I was told they were full and they would check with the day staff and call me in my room. When they called, they instructed us to pack up all of our belongings, check our bags and drop off our keys. This is quite an inconvenience and at many hotels, they offer to move the hanging clothes and transfer the bags for you. They did move us to a quite room toward the back when we came back at the end of the day, but offered nothing for the inconvenience or explanation as to why they moved our reservation to a room along the road for someone in their top tier frequent stay program.

Definitely not customer service oriented, except for the night manager who was polite and followed through with the day staff since there was nothing he could do.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the road
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank FrequenTraveler123
Erik B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. We’re very sorry your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards. We’ve addressed the problems you mentioned with your room assignment not matching your profile as well as the level of service you received in resolving this issue. We appreciate your patience as we worked through this with you and hope you will give us another chance in the future