DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in American Canyon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The room was very nice, the only king suite, I was told. The bed was very comfortable, the layout a bit strange, but functional. The 2 flat screens were a plus. The shower made a loud squeal and my room service on the last morning had to be cancelled because after an hour and twenty minutes I gave up. and because they forgot about us. We checked out and had a meal at a local restaurant. Unfortunately I wouldn't return.

1  Thank captE48
Erik B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for staying with us during your anniversary weekend. We are glad that you enjoyed our king suite. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with our room service delivery. This is not typical of our hotel and we regret that this affected the rest of your trip. We hope you will give us another chance in the future to provide the best service possible.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Formerly the Gaia, hotel is perfect if you want to be able to do Sonoma and Napa -- most reasonably priced-- and restaurant staff very friendly. Only has breakfast but they made me to go boxes very early to take on way to our Balloon Tour-- not the Four Seasons but it is a nice stay in a relaxed atmosphere.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank 10008rrr
Reviewed October 18, 2012

From top down, this hotel was just a wonderfully run place. Clean rooms, attentive staff, lovely pool, great plethora of warm cookies all the time, and the on-site restaurant was super. There was one concierge, Leticia, who went above and beyond to help with our questions. She was very polite, friendly, and treated us like house guests. The pool was really neat with grape vines all along the fence...and we helped ourselves as they were perfectly ripe. We had a little patio on the lagoon level and it was fun to do wine and cheese there before heading out for the night. Very relaxing place.

Kudos to the staff at Doubletree for running a great hotel.

Room Tip: Request a lagoon level/view room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights earlier this month and cannot recommend this hotel for several reasons. First, while the furniture in the rooms is typical of Doubletree, the layout, walls, condition, etc. is more typical of an old inexpensive motel that hasn't been updated in awhile. Second, the road noise of the rooms near the road is terrible -- it sounds like cars were driving right next to our room. Third, if you are planning on using this for a base for visiting Napa, be warned that traffic to Napa and points north is very congested and stop and go during morning and evening commute hours (7:30-9:00am, 3-7pm).
Finally, the service is not what you expect from a Doubletree. I am Hilton HHonors Diamond member and we were driving from the airport to Napa and stopped by around 11am to see if we could check in and drop off our bags (I had requested an early checkin if available and understand that often it isn't available). The desk clerk looked up our reservation and said no rooms were ready so stop back after 3pm. We returned after dinner in Napa around 6:30 and when they checked us in I noticed that they changed the previously pre-assigned room to a new room number and had no idea that we had tried to checkin earlier in the day. We got to our room and it faced the road/highway and was directly across from the elevator (my profile has that I prefer a quiet room away from the elevator). We had been up for over 20 hours, so we just quickly unpacked and went to bed. During the night, the traffic noise was terrible (as mentioned above). In the morning, I asked at the desk about moving to another room and also why I had been reassigned from the room marked on the room key jacket which was toward the back of the hotel). I was told they were full and they would check with the day staff and call me in my room. When they called, they instructed us to pack up all of our belongings, check our bags and drop off our keys. This is quite an inconvenience and at many hotels, they offer to move the hanging clothes and transfer the bags for you. They did move us to a quite room toward the back when we came back at the end of the day, but offered nothing for the inconvenience or explanation as to why they moved our reservation to a room along the road for someone in their top tier frequent stay program.

Definitely not customer service oriented, except for the night manager who was polite and followed through with the day staff since there was nothing he could do.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the road
3  Thank FrequenTraveler123
Erik B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. We’re very sorry your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards. We’ve addressed the problems you mentioned with your room assignment not matching your profile as well as the level of service you received in resolving this issue. We appreciate your patience as we worked through this with you and hope you will give us another chance in the future

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Hotel was clean and updated. Not sure why people said it was not updated. The staff was very friendly. The location is great along highway 29 takes you right along the napa winery route. 10 mins from downtown Napa as well. Overall when I go back to Napa I will stay here again.

1  Thank schardonnay
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed at the DoubleTree for one night on 10/12. Arrived about 1pm, and was advised that there were not any rooms available as check-in did not start until 3pm. Having traveled extensively, this was odd. Normally hotels are very accommodating in getting you into a room early if possible. The message was that they just don't provide early check-in. The desk clerk put me on a list to call when a room became available. Apparently no rooms were available until I returned at 8:45pm.

The price of our room for the night was $269. The room was a very average room, at best. Walls were paper thin, as in you could hear your neighbor going to the bathroom. The room was clean, the bed reasonable, but clearly not in the league of the price paid.

The restaurant was ok for breakfast, but things such as bacon that was not fully cooked and fruit bowls that were nearly empty were disappointing. The gym was very small, and quickly reached it's max limit on Saturday morning. Need's more space and more machine's.

I have stayed in a number of DoubleTree's over the years, and this one does not measure up to the brand. It is more of a Comfort Inn kind of place. If you can book it for $120, it is a reasonable value.

1  Thank Bobaloo071

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. We appreciate your candid review of our property. New perspectives about our hotel and our guest experience help us make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis. Please share any additional comments or suggestions with us any time.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I enjoyed my stay here..

I hear what others have said about the location of this hotel, but it is what it is. It was very convenient for my needs.

My room was nicely appointed and overlooked a small lake, around which the bedroom blocks are grouped. I was on the ground floor so I had a patio door and some seating by the side of the lake. My only concern with the room is that it felt a little "dull" at night.. maybe it's the lighting.. But it didn't detract..

Room amenities are typical doubletree. Comfortable bed, etc.. Nice to have a fridge to use (markets are nearby to stock up).. Internet was OK, but a little slow sometimes..

I found the general staff to be, generally, friendly and very helpful. They sorted a small problem out for me in an efficient and cheerful manner.

The pool area looked a little on the small side, but as I didn't use it, I cannot comment authoritatively on how well it works in practice. Certainly others seemed to have little concern, judging by the happy sounds..

Breakfast and dinner food options were nice, but not particularly stand out. Dinner service was excellent. Breakfast service efficient, but not great.

Room Tip: Bedroom blocks are two-sided. Inward facing rooms have lake and/or pool view. The other sides look o...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Napa Winery Inn
Napa Winery Inn
#15 of 30 in Napa
Hampton Inn and Suites Napa

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon

Address: 3600 Broadway St, American Canyon, CA 94503-1259 (Formerly Gaia Napa Valley Hotel)
Location: United States > California > Napa Valley > American Canyon
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in American Canyon
Price Range: $107 - $262 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon 3.5*
The DoubleTree Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon hotel in northern California is the World's First LEED-Certified Hotel, located near hundreds of wineries in the Sonoma Valley - on Highway 29 at the gateway to Napa Valley (9 minutes from Napa). Relax at our on-site spa - Spa Gaia - or enjoy organic, locally-gathered meals at the Table 29 Bistro & Bar (also on-site). Our eco-friendly hotel includes a sparkling lagoon (suites with water views available), fitness room, outdoor pool, lounge/bar area, room service, multi-lingual staff and free parking (evening security provided). Host your wedding on our outdoor event deck with views of our sparkling Lagoon. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree By Hilton Hotel And Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon