1,133 results
All reviewsdouble treecookiesnapa valleypatio roomwine countrybreakfast buffeton site restaurantwould stay here againlagoon viewsan franciscoshort driveupon checknice stayeasy accesswine tastingpondgaia
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights earlier this month and cannot recommend this hotel for several reasons. First, while the furniture in the rooms is typical of Doubletree, the layout, walls, condition, etc. is more typical of an old inexpensive motel that hasn't been updated in awhile. Second, the road noise of the rooms near the road is terrible -- it sounds like cars were driving right next to our room. Third, if you are planning on using this for a base for visiting Napa, be warned that traffic to Napa and points north is very congested and stop and go during morning and evening commute hours (7:30-9:00am, 3-7pm).
Finally, the service is not what you expect from a Doubletree. I am Hilton HHonors Diamond member and we were driving from the airport to Napa and stopped by around 11am to see if we could check in and drop off our bags (I had requested an early checkin if available and understand that often it isn't available). The desk clerk looked up our reservation and said no rooms were ready so stop back after 3pm. We returned after dinner in Napa around 6:30 and when they checked us in I noticed that they changed the previously pre-assigned room to a new room number and had no idea that we had tried to checkin earlier in the day. We got to our room and it faced the road/highway and was directly across from the elevator (my profile has that I prefer a quiet room away from the elevator). We had been up for over 20 hours, so we just quickly unpacked and went to bed. During the night, the traffic noise was terrible (as mentioned above). In the morning, I asked at the desk about moving to another room and also why I had been reassigned from the room marked on the room key jacket which was toward the back of the hotel). I was told they were full and they would check with the day staff and call me in my room. When they called, they instructed us to pack up all of our belongings, check our bags and drop off our keys. This is quite an inconvenience and at many hotels, they offer to move the hanging clothes and transfer the bags for you. They did move us to a quite room toward the back when we came back at the end of the day, but offered nothing for the inconvenience or explanation as to why they moved our reservation to a room along the road for someone in their top tier frequent stay program.

Definitely not customer service oriented, except for the night manager who was polite and followed through with the day staff since there was nothing he could do.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the road
3  Thank FrequenTraveler123
Erik B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. We’re very sorry your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards. We’ve addressed the problems you mentioned with your room assignment not matching your profile as well as the level of service you received in resolving this issue. We appreciate your patience as we worked through this with you and hope you will give us another chance in the future

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Hotel was clean and updated. Not sure why people said it was not updated. The staff was very friendly. The location is great along highway 29 takes you right along the napa winery route. 10 mins from downtown Napa as well. Overall when I go back to Napa I will stay here again.

1  Thank schardonnay
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed at the DoubleTree for one night on 10/12. Arrived about 1pm, and was advised that there were not any rooms available as check-in did not start until 3pm. Having traveled extensively, this was odd. Normally hotels are very accommodating in getting you into a room early if possible. The message was that they just don't provide early check-in. The desk clerk put me on a list to call when a room became available. Apparently no rooms were available until I returned at 8:45pm.

The price of our room for the night was $269. The room was a very average room, at best. Walls were paper thin, as in you could hear your neighbor going to the bathroom. The room was clean, the bed reasonable, but clearly not in the league of the price paid.

The restaurant was ok for breakfast, but things such as bacon that was not fully cooked and fruit bowls that were nearly empty were disappointing. The gym was very small, and quickly reached it's max limit on Saturday morning. Need's more space and more machine's.

I have stayed in a number of DoubleTree's over the years, and this one does not measure up to the brand. It is more of a Comfort Inn kind of place. If you can book it for $120, it is a reasonable value.

1  Thank Bobaloo071

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. We appreciate your candid review of our property. New perspectives about our hotel and our guest experience help us make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis. Please share any additional comments or suggestions with us any time.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I enjoyed my stay here..

I hear what others have said about the location of this hotel, but it is what it is. It was very convenient for my needs.

My room was nicely appointed and overlooked a small lake, around which the bedroom blocks are grouped. I was on the ground floor so I had a patio door and some seating by the side of the lake. My only concern with the room is that it felt a little "dull" at night.. maybe it's the lighting.. But it didn't detract..

Room amenities are typical doubletree. Comfortable bed, etc.. Nice to have a fridge to use (markets are nearby to stock up).. Internet was OK, but a little slow sometimes..

I found the general staff to be, generally, friendly and very helpful. They sorted a small problem out for me in an efficient and cheerful manner.

The pool area looked a little on the small side, but as I didn't use it, I cannot comment authoritatively on how well it works in practice. Certainly others seemed to have little concern, judging by the happy sounds..

Breakfast and dinner food options were nice, but not particularly stand out. Dinner service was excellent. Breakfast service efficient, but not great.

Room Tip: Bedroom blocks are two-sided. Inward facing rooms have lake and/or pool view. The other sides look out over the car parking areas, which run around the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Juninho_pp
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

My husband checked in, not really sure how it was. Went to jacuzzi, it was gross dirty on the outside top before you would get in. It was a SMALL jacuzzi. Pool was ok. The hall carpet was dirty. Room was big and clean enough. I would
Ask for a pool patio room.

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our property during your stay in our area. We are very sorry for appearance of our Jacuzzi. We have asked our maintenance team to make sure that the pool area is serviced and ready for guest use. However, I apologize for the inconvenience. We hope that you give us another opportunity for a better experience.