1,141 results
All reviews double tree cookies napa valley patio room wine country breakfast buffet on site restaurant lagoon view would stay here again san francisco upon check short drive nice stay easy access wine tasting pond gaia
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Hotel was clean and updated. Not sure why people said it was not updated. The staff was very friendly. The location is great along highway 29 takes you right along the napa winery route. 10 mins from downtown Napa as well. Overall when I go back to Napa I will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank schardonnay
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed at the DoubleTree for one night on 10/12. Arrived about 1pm, and was advised that there were not any rooms available as check-in did not start until 3pm. Having traveled extensively, this was odd. Normally hotels are very accommodating in getting you into a room early if possible. The message was that they just don't provide early check-in. The desk clerk put me on a list to call when a room became available. Apparently no rooms were available until I returned at 8:45pm.

The price of our room for the night was $269. The room was a very average room, at best. Walls were paper thin, as in you could hear your neighbor going to the bathroom. The room was clean, the bed reasonable, but clearly not in the league of the price paid.

The restaurant was ok for breakfast, but things such as bacon that was not fully cooked and fruit bowls that were nearly empty were disappointing. The gym was very small, and quickly reached it's max limit on Saturday morning. Need's more space and more machine's.

I have stayed in a number of DoubleTree's over the years, and this one does not measure up to the brand. It is more of a Comfort Inn kind of place. If you can book it for $120, it is a reasonable value.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bobaloo071
Erik B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. We appreciate your candid review of our property. New perspectives about our hotel and our guest experience help us make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis. Please share any additional comments or suggestions with us any time.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I enjoyed my stay here..

I hear what others have said about the location of this hotel, but it is what it is. It was very convenient for my needs.

My room was nicely appointed and overlooked a small lake, around which the bedroom blocks are grouped. I was on the ground floor so I had a patio door and some seating by the side of the lake. My only concern with the room is that it felt a little "dull" at night.. maybe it's the lighting.. But it didn't detract..

Room amenities are typical doubletree. Comfortable bed, etc.. Nice to have a fridge to use (markets are nearby to stock up).. Internet was OK, but a little slow sometimes..

I found the general staff to be, generally, friendly and very helpful. They sorted a small problem out for me in an efficient and cheerful manner.

The pool area looked a little on the small side, but as I didn't use it, I cannot comment authoritatively on how well it works in practice. Certainly others seemed to have little concern, judging by the happy sounds..

Breakfast and dinner food options were nice, but not particularly stand out. Dinner service was excellent. Breakfast service efficient, but not great.

Room Tip: Bedroom blocks are two-sided. Inward facing rooms have lake and/or pool view. The other sides look out over the car parking areas, which run around the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Juninho_pp
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

My husband checked in, not really sure how it was. Went to jacuzzi, it was gross dirty on the outside top before you would get in. It was a SMALL jacuzzi. Pool was ok. The hall carpet was dirty. Room was big and clean enough. I would
Ask for a pool patio room.

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our property during your stay in our area. We are very sorry for appearance of our Jacuzzi. We have asked our maintenance team to make sure that the pool area is serviced and ready for guest use. However, I apologize for the inconvenience. We hope that you give us another opportunity for a better experience.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed here our last trip to napa. This place is very affordable. Rooms are a bit old but clean. The lake. Is not too clean so don't get too excited by that. Also know its a tad far from the wineries. About 30 min away from yountville.

Great on a budget