1,133 results
All reviewsdouble treecookiesnapa valleypatio roomwine countrybreakfast buffeton site restaurantwould stay here againlagoon viewsan franciscoshort driveupon checknice stayeasy accesswine tastingpondgaia
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I enjoyed my stay here..

I hear what others have said about the location of this hotel, but it is what it is. It was very convenient for my needs.

My room was nicely appointed and overlooked a small lake, around which the bedroom blocks are grouped. I was on the ground floor so I had a patio door and some seating by the side of the lake. My only concern with the room is that it felt a little "dull" at night.. maybe it's the lighting.. But it didn't detract..

Room amenities are typical doubletree. Comfortable bed, etc.. Nice to have a fridge to use (markets are nearby to stock up).. Internet was OK, but a little slow sometimes..

I found the general staff to be, generally, friendly and very helpful. They sorted a small problem out for me in an efficient and cheerful manner.

The pool area looked a little on the small side, but as I didn't use it, I cannot comment authoritatively on how well it works in practice. Certainly others seemed to have little concern, judging by the happy sounds..

Breakfast and dinner food options were nice, but not particularly stand out. Dinner service was excellent. Breakfast service efficient, but not great.

Room Tip: Bedroom blocks are two-sided. Inward facing rooms have lake and/or pool view. The other sides look out over the car parking areas, which run around the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Juninho_pp
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

My husband checked in, not really sure how it was. Went to jacuzzi, it was gross dirty on the outside top before you would get in. It was a SMALL jacuzzi. Pool was ok. The hall carpet was dirty. Room was big and clean enough. I would
Ask for a pool patio room.

• Stayed: September 2012
Erik B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our property during your stay in our area. We are very sorry for appearance of our Jacuzzi. We have asked our maintenance team to make sure that the pool area is serviced and ready for guest use. However, I apologize for the inconvenience. We hope that you give us another opportunity for a better experience.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed here our last trip to napa. This place is very affordable. Rooms are a bit old but clean. The lake. Is not too clean so don't get too excited by that. Also know its a tad far from the wineries. About 30 min away from yountville.

Great on a budget

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel and have to say that the service was excellent. The location is a little far from the wineries we went to in Sonoma (about twenty minutes or so) but otherwise was great. The front desk people were very friendly, rooms were very very clean and grounds kept up well. I did not eat at the restaurant or use the spa facilities. The hotel room windows open, which is great and parking is free and easy.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank lluvstotravel
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is one of those few places you stumble across and just can't fault. Sheena, the front desk manager, went above and beyond by arranging a bottle of bubbles in the room on arrival with no hassle whatsoever and the Spa Manager, Shonna was just wonderful, arranging a special treat for our anniversary to perfection. We were given a downstairs room with doors opening to an outdoor deck and the pond. We enjoyed swans swimming right up to us while we supped our champagne in the sun outside our room. I'd normally want a room with a view upstairs but this room was perfect (rm 150). It was private, tranquil and had a wonderful view. All the Napa locations were a short drive away. As an anniversary treat we did the SonomaSegway.com tour and again, something for everyone to try (easier than you think!) but the following day we drove up the valley and visited a number of wineries - many recommended by Shonna, and all ideal for our tastes. We didn't have time to try out the pool but it looked clean - in fact the whole place was clean, environmentally friendly and beautiful looking with landscaped gardens. The mattresses are completely renewed regularly and the beds are really comfortable. I wouldn't hesitate to go back again.

Room Tip: Rooms downstairs opening to the pond are private and offer outdoor seating. Room 150 is recommended as it's behind the ponds island so offers the most privacy.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple