1,136 results
All reviewsdouble treecookiesnapa valleypatio roomwine countrybreakfast buffeton site restaurantlagoon viewwould stay here againsan franciscoupon checkshort drivenice stayeasy accesswine tastingpondgaia
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We picked this property to stay in since I had been to the Spa Gaia on our visit last year. The hotel is very convenient to both Napa & Sonoma. It's right on the main highway which makes it very convenient. Our room was a standard King, no smoking & it was almost too big. Room was kept very clean & the bed was comfy. My only complaint would be with the pillows but then again, I'm not a fan of down pillows. The hotel was very quiet & we didn't notice any noise coming from any of our neighbors. We spent the majority of our time off the property so it really did serve as a crash pad & we didnt spend a lot of time checking out the rest of the hotel.

1  Thank Amy T
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We visited Napa in July 2012 to get away and check out the much raved about wine county. This hotel was in a perfect location for those who would like to see the area but not crazy about spending four times the price per night for a place to crash after a long day of driving. Let's be honest unless you have a driver, by the time you see all the area has to offer and after driving all day long the only thing you'll really want to do is relax and go to sleep. Upon arrival we were greeted with the famous and deliciously warm cookies. Our room was conveniently near the work out center which was a huge bonus for keeping those unwanted vacation pounds far away!

All in all, if you're looking for affordable priced value, this property is worth checking out.

Room Tip: the rooms near the fitness center were quieter and we didn't have to worry about being attacked by the beautiful but sometimes annoying wildlife. :)
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed here during peak season. So we figured staying right outside of Napa was our best bang for our buck. The hotel was very nice and had a great atmosphere. The rooms were pretty big and very well kept. We ate breakfast in the hotel's restaurant each morning. I recommend the buffet, it includes any eggs or omletes and pancakes which were delicious. My girlfriend and I went for a walk each morning through the little town behind the hotel which was very nice too. All the wineries were relatively close. The furthest one we went to was Clos Du Bois which was about 40 min away from the hotel. Everything else was pretty close. I plan on stayi here again net time I come to Wine Country.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I am a big fan of Hilton hotels and have been staying various times in New Delhi in the Hilton Garden Inn or in the Hiltons in New York, in Belgrade and other places. I have always been highly satisfied with the overall service they have delivered, but this hotel did by far not meet the expectations you have after reading their webpage. I dare to claim they are even deceiving you! We have selected this hotel since we know Hilton and we wanted to relax and enjoy ourselves for 4 days and the information on the website really convinced me. But this place does neither meet Hilton Standards nor does it match what they promise.
I quote: “Tranquil retreat”. The hotel is located a few meters from the highway and even if you have a room located a little bit further away from the street you can still hear the traffic. They claim that they have a pool. I do not know whether a basin where nearly 5 people fit into is considered as a pool. The fitness room leaves room for not more than 3 people. The mattress was terrible. I complained at the reception, but they did not care about fixing anything (See reviews from other people who had the same problem). One morning our chairs on the Patio were gone. I had to call the reception for bringing new chairs. The walls are very thin and we could hear our neighbor's conversations all the time ! One evening we returned and our room door was open (probably the room service has forgotten to close it). Luckily enough nothing was stolen. The patio was really dirty and it was covered with dozens of butts. WiFi is complementary but the speed of the internet is neither stable nor fast enough so as to properly work. The breakfast buffet is ok, but the majority of the staff is not considerate at all and as soon as the place is full they are all completely overwhelmed. One day we had fresh towels in our room but they were dirty (disgusting). To be frank: this was a terrible experience in Hotel whose brand stands for much more. I suggest that management at this particular place has to fix a lot so as to live up to the Hilton brand! If you stay just one night for a short night’s sleep at a mediocre place this hotel might be ok. However, if you look for more, then I cannot recommend it at all! Consider other and better options in the Napa area.

4  Thank Andreas D
Erik B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

I am pleased that you are a fan of Hilton Hotels and sincerely hope that you’re your recent experiences will not diminish your opinion of the Brand. I must apologize that you found our accommodations and services below your expectations. I can assure you, the staff and I work diligently, in an ongoing effort to not only meet our valued guest expectations, but to exceed them. One of my core values is that every guest goes home happy. I wish that you would have asked to meet with me personally, prior to your departure; as your feedback is very important to me, I am never too busy meet with a guest!!! I will be personally reaching out to you to further discuss your comments and a resolution.

A few comments: Our pool and Spa area can easily accommodate 25-30 guests. Our fitness center is equipped with the latest PRECOR exercise equipment. We are in the process of enhancing our complimentary high speed internet and by mid-September our broadband speed will be doubled. Also by mid-September, we will have replaced every mattress with the DoubleTree’s signature Sweet Dreams mattress.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is a property that Doubletree bought from another hotel co and renovated. So in some ways it was not as nice as a Doublletree built property. The on-site pond is very nice and there were egrets and blacknecked swans there everyday. We did not like the location at all. There were no decent restaurant options even for breakfast within a 5 or 10 minute drive. The on site restaurant was surprisingly good however and the service was great and comfortable. It just would have been nice to have alternatives. We had 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts at the Doubletree and felt constrained to do so. The fitness center is completely inadequate and there is no washer or dryer for guests to use. We checked out a day earlier than we had planned because we did not like the location and the fact that this place felt isolated. We also could not get a convenient spa appt onsite for any of the 3 days we were there. So the spa is probably too small for the hotel as well. We moved to another Doubletree in Sonoma Co. which was much more comfortable.

Room Tip: There are only 2 floors. The staff suggested we take a room on the second floor so we would not have people staying over us and the noise that would bring. Other than that, not much difference between the rooms.