1,133 results
All reviewsdouble treecookiesnapa valleypatio roomwine countrybreakfast buffeton site restaurantwould stay here againlagoon viewsan franciscoshort driveupon checknice stayeasy accesswine tastingpondgaia
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I am a big fan of Hilton hotels and have been staying various times in New Delhi in the Hilton Garden Inn or in the Hiltons in New York, in Belgrade and other places. I have always been highly satisfied with the overall service they have delivered, but this hotel did by far not meet the expectations you have after reading their webpage. I dare to claim they are even deceiving you! We have selected this hotel since we know Hilton and we wanted to relax and enjoy ourselves for 4 days and the information on the website really convinced me. But this place does neither meet Hilton Standards nor does it match what they promise.
I quote: “Tranquil retreat”. The hotel is located a few meters from the highway and even if you have a room located a little bit further away from the street you can still hear the traffic. They claim that they have a pool. I do not know whether a basin where nearly 5 people fit into is considered as a pool. The fitness room leaves room for not more than 3 people. The mattress was terrible. I complained at the reception, but they did not care about fixing anything (See reviews from other people who had the same problem). One morning our chairs on the Patio were gone. I had to call the reception for bringing new chairs. The walls are very thin and we could hear our neighbor's conversations all the time ! One evening we returned and our room door was open (probably the room service has forgotten to close it). Luckily enough nothing was stolen. The patio was really dirty and it was covered with dozens of butts. WiFi is complementary but the speed of the internet is neither stable nor fast enough so as to properly work. The breakfast buffet is ok, but the majority of the staff is not considerate at all and as soon as the place is full they are all completely overwhelmed. One day we had fresh towels in our room but they were dirty (disgusting). To be frank: this was a terrible experience in Hotel whose brand stands for much more. I suggest that management at this particular place has to fix a lot so as to live up to the Hilton brand! If you stay just one night for a short night’s sleep at a mediocre place this hotel might be ok. However, if you look for more, then I cannot recommend it at all! Consider other and better options in the Napa area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Andreas D
Erik B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

I am pleased that you are a fan of Hilton Hotels and sincerely hope that you’re your recent experiences will not diminish your opinion of the Brand. I must apologize that you found our accommodations and services below your expectations. I can assure you, the staff and I work diligently, in an ongoing effort to not only meet our valued guest expectations, but to exceed them. One of my core values is that every guest goes home happy. I wish that you would have asked to meet with me personally, prior to your departure; as your feedback is very important to me, I am never too busy meet with a guest!!! I will be personally reaching out to you to further discuss your comments and a resolution.

A few comments: Our pool and Spa area can easily accommodate 25-30 guests. Our fitness center is equipped with the latest PRECOR exercise equipment. We are in the process of enhancing our complimentary high speed internet and by mid-September our broadband speed will be doubled. Also by mid-September, we will have replaced every mattress with the DoubleTree’s signature Sweet Dreams mattress.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is a property that Doubletree bought from another hotel co and renovated. So in some ways it was not as nice as a Doublletree built property. The on-site pond is very nice and there were egrets and blacknecked swans there everyday. We did not like the location at all. There were no decent restaurant options even for breakfast within a 5 or 10 minute drive. The on site restaurant was surprisingly good however and the service was great and comfortable. It just would have been nice to have alternatives. We had 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts at the Doubletree and felt constrained to do so. The fitness center is completely inadequate and there is no washer or dryer for guests to use. We checked out a day earlier than we had planned because we did not like the location and the fact that this place felt isolated. We also could not get a convenient spa appt onsite for any of the 3 days we were there. So the spa is probably too small for the hotel as well. We moved to another Doubletree in Sonoma Co. which was much more comfortable.

Room Tip: There are only 2 floors. The staff suggested we take a room on the second floor so we would not have people staying over us and the noise that would bring. Other than that, not much difference between the rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed here one night during a trip to Napa. The hotel is very nice and very clean. It's a bit "motel like" in that you have to go outside to get to your rooms, but......it's California, so it's not that bad. There is a huge lagoon that is the centerpiece of the property and has wildlife of different kinds in it. The one that most stood out is a VERY noisy bullfrog that I thought was going to cause me to stay away all night, but in fact once you get into bed and start listening to "nature" it's really quite soothing and not bothersome at all. We had free breakfast coupons and had breakfast the next morning. It was a full blown buffet with an omelet station, and fantastic service. Front desk staff were wonderful as well, and took lots of time with us when we had some questions about directions. VERY nice place and you will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed in this hotel during a recent trip to Napa during the week- a Monday and Tuesday evening. The biggest advantage of this hotel from our point of view was its’ proximity to downtown Napa/Sonoma (roughly 10-15 minutes) and a very reasonable room rate. The hotel is located off of a main highway so it’s very easy to access and close to restaurants, coffee shops and other similar stores.

The room itself was very large (king size bed, large TV, desk and chair) with a good sized bathroom. The room was very clean and came with a mini fridge. The hotel room amenities were pretty basic otherwise, small travel sized hair dryer, iron, and soap. My only complaint was that the room didn’t have a safe to hold valuables. I also found that it was very quiet at night!

The hotel in general was well kept, staff was friendly and helpful during the brief interactions I had with them during the check-in/out process (they even hand out homemade cookies). There was also a small courtyard and pool area- also very clean and well maintained.
Additionally we went to the hotel restaurant for a drink one evening- the staff was extremely attentive and friendly as well. No complaints!

There is nothing fancy or extravagant about this hotel but for what we were looking for it was great and I would recommend this hotel for anyone heading towards Napa!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kfountain23
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We booked online at a rate of $139 which we thought was fare for a Doubletree in an "off" location. We're giving this higher marks only becuse of the convenient access to both Sonoma and Napa--only about 9 miles.

Not up to the standards of a Hilton Hotel. This is more like an "inn" and is on par with a Fairfield Inn which was a block up. The hotel is definitely not new and shows a lot of wear and tear. We arrived around 11pm and got the warm cookies. The lobby was nice and very quiet. We were given a room on the furthest back corner the hotel next to the exit stairwell. We asked to be changed to a more central location. The clerk hemmed and hawed about having to charge more but as a member with over 200 nights in Hiltons, his response was surprising. I pushed a bit to be changed and he finally moved us a few doors down the hall but still stressing he could not do any better because the hotel only had 3 rooms left and he felt he could sell those rooms IF there were walkins. After 11pm? (We learned the next day there were over 20 rooms available.)

We accepted the room and found the toilet lid was broken--not attached and it fell off when my husband went to sit on it. Nothing was done about it and we reported the next morning to the manager who was gracious but no adjustments were made. We didn't ask and she didn't offer--just apologized.

Breakfast service was horribly slow although it was not croweded and it was a buffett with made to order eggs. Nothing special, mediocre at best.

It is a good location though so I would still recommend it for lower priced options for visiting both Sonoma and the Napa Valley area.

Room Tip: Choose room on inside facing courtyard which has a landscape design to mimic a lagoon around the pool area.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple