1,135 results
All reviewsdouble treecookiesnapa valleypatio roomwine countrybreakfast buffeton site restaurantlagoon viewwould stay here againsan franciscoupon checkshort drivenice stayeasy accesswine tastingpondgaia
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Great hotel right off 29 south of Napa if you want to avoid he ridiculous wine country hotel prices.! When you drive up, you may think you have got stuck in the 1950's, but don't be fooled. The above-and-beyond staff (got us in at $99 per night. Included excellent full breakfast AND upgrade to a lagoon-side room). Wow! And as if the warm cookies weren't enough upon check-in, you will fall in love with the two unique black neck swans from Jersey in their lagoon with the ducks! Cushy beds too! Breakfast had everything you would want, including omelet bar, homemade granola, organic peach nectar...I could go on and on. Certainly would stay here again. Plus, it is right down the block from a Safeway grocer where you can pick up all your items for your picnic without paying 3X at Oakville Grocery ( which was closed for remodeling anyway!). You will thoroughly enjoy this hotel.

Room Tip: Go lagoon...you won't want to stop watching those graceful swans!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Traveling-Texan3
Reviewed May 25, 2012

A friend and I stayed here on 5/17/2012. We each had a room. We both enjoyed our stay and had a good night's sleep. The rooms are spacious and quiet. The beds are real comfortable. The lagoon outside the back door, with a swan and other birds, is a nice touch. The hotel restaurant is a big plus for people arriving tired after visiting the wine country all day. Dinner was good. They open at 6am for breakfast which is great for people planning to leave early. Breakfast was great with a choice of regular table service or buffet style. Will go back here on my next visit to Sonoma/Napa.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Although I like Doubletrees and this one is attractive and roomy with a friendly staff, it was disappointing how far it was from the town of Napa. It sits smack on the highway (Broadway) so walking anywhere at nite is out of the question, and it takes at least 20 minutes to get to town (and even longer to the vineyards) by car. I was under the impression that we would be much closer to town, but failing that it would have shops nearby. That was not the case. In all fairness, the town wasn't hopping all that much which was another surprise since we were there on a Friday night in May. Many of the stores were closed by 7-8pm and there were few people around. We had no problem getting into a restaurant without reservations. I'm not sure where I would stay on a return visit, but it would not be here.

Room Tip: I chose a room that faced the pool/lagoon. Both pool and lagoon are very small so there were never a lot of people to make noise--- and that made it good. I wouldn't want to be on the highway side.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We visited this hotel for 2 days during late august for 2 days to visit six flags discovery kingdom which was the main reason for our visit. I travelled with my family and we had 2 rooms. They were very spacious and cosey the rooms were clean, and the room I stayed in had a high celling and was spacious which made the room even better, It's good for a cheap stay. I would recomend this hotel if visiting six flags discovery kingdom for more than a day as other hotels that are related to the park aren't the best as we checked out online. This one is probably the best one to go for. The hotel was empty when we visited as it was of peak season for six flags which made our stay even better. The hotel staff were helpfull and we recived lovely cookies on arrival.
There is a lovely american diner that we visited a few minuets away from the hotel, make sure you visit that as the food is great and the staff are lovely in there.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2012

The hotel itself is not anything spectacular, but it was clean and reasonably priced. The pool is very small. The best thing about this hotel was the staff. The young lady who checked us in was extremely friendly and helpful. She gave us directions and she recommended a wonderful restaurant for dinner. The onsite restaurant served fried fish and french fries during happy hour, which made our children very happy. The next morning another young lady at the front desk recommended another restaurant where locals go for breakfast. Her directions made finding the place easy. The food was wonderful. I would recommend this hotel if you want to visit Napa Valley without paying Napa Valley prices!

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the lagoon.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family