Decided to stay here during our visit to Napa Valley. We just visit the area for a day with our car and choose this place for the right price and the values that DoubleTree stands for. The hotel was great for our suppose and much cheaper than other hotels in Napa region. We had a deal comparable with four star hotels in Napa city that was actually 60%, or more, cheaper. I think this is because their location outside the city. We arrived late afternoon after our trips in the valley and checked out early morning the day after on our way to Santa Barbara!
The building is like a typical motel, located just by the high way and you need a car if you stay here. Free, and a lot of space, parking just outside your hotel room. Smooth check-in and nice with a welcome cookie (there are complimentary coffee/tea making facilities in the room). Easy to find to our room, all rooms are by the way named after the nature with birds, animals and flowers. Very funny - our was named the Nighthawk. Room was in decent size, plenty of room for luggage and working space. Empty minibar to store your own things. There is a Wal-Mart just a few minutes away so buy your water or what you need there and store it in the hotel. Comfy big bed, large TV and iron/iron board. The bathroom was too small, strange while the room was so big. There was unfortunately dispensers for shampoo and soap and I really hate this! I was convinced that DoubleTree had their own bottle of shampoos etc. but obvious not. These dispensers are not hygienic and you never know what the previous guest has done there! (Not at this property in particular, in all properties that use this system). I understand that this hotel take a great responsible to be a "green hotel" but there are some lovely alternatives that not decrease the comfort in amenity way. The management should go to the Crowne Plaza in Copenhagen - the greenest hotel in the world - they really know how to make a green hotel without decrease the guests comfort.
Small pool, that we didn't use. Nice surroundings with two swans in a lake as well as a duck family. We spend some minutes to look at these and it was very funny and a nice attribute to the hotel, that otherwise could be a boring place.
Restaurant had not a nice atmosphere, but with a lovely staff and very good food. I was in car the entire day and couldn't taste some wine so it was much appreciated to have wines from Napa and Sonoma here. They have several on glass to a good price so we tried both Mumm, Robert M and Beringer. All food is local and they have great salads and dishes from the area. If you do not want a fine dining place - have you dinner here, the food is very good and local.
Breakfast was included in our rate, and had a large focus on hot food items. As a scandinavian, you want rye/dark bread and couldn't find it. They had unfortunately no natural yogurt, cheese or cold meats for breakfast. We requested cheese and get the burger cheese so the staff really try to meet our needs.
I would love to give this place a 5/5, but a small change in the breakfast and update of bathroom amenities would definitely be here! I will stay here again if I go to Napa for a day with car and do not want to spend to much time in my hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon hotel in northern California is the World's First LEED-Certified Hotel, located near hundreds of wineries in the Sonoma Valley - on Highway 29 at the gateway to Napa Valley (9 minutes from Napa). Relax at our on-site spa - Spa Gaia - or enjoy organic, locally-gathered meals at the Table 29 Bistro & Bar (also on-site). Our eco-friendly hotel includes a sparkling lagoon (suites with water views available), fitness room, outdoor pool, lounge/bar area, room service, multi-lingual staff and free parking (evening security provided). Host your wedding on our outdoor event deck with views of our sparkling Lagoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Hotel And Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon
- Hotel Gaia Napa Valley
- Gaia Napa Valley American Canyon