Fairfield Inn & Suites Napa American Canyon
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
All reviewspanda expressroom was cleanfree breakfastnice hotelwine countrydecent breakfastfront desk staffrefrigerator and microwaveshort drivewould stay againthe breakfast areayogurtmorning breakfastwine tastingwalmartvallejonapa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here with his brother and fiance as we went wine tasting for the day and did not want a long drive home afterwards. The rooms are really big and have a microwave and mini fridge. Plus we were able to grab a quick small breakfast in the morning before we drove another hour away for a bigger brunch. Would defintely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Our Napa road trip couldn't have been more perfect. We arrived late and were welcomed by the front desk staff. Check in was quick and painless. Our room was wonderful. I love walking into a hotel room and you can smell the clean. The beds, as with all Marriott hotels, were very comfortable. The walls are thin, but you're in a hotel, it is not as if they can tear down the walls so you deal with it. Breakfast was wonderful. The hotel was busy and Nicole kept the breakfast bar well stocked and clean. I don't think any guest had to ask her for anything. Nicole, you rock, keep doing your great job and keep smiling. We met Kelly the Sales Manager and what a delightful woman she is. Well dressed and well spoken and extremely kind. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to any friend or colleague.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Capet0nian
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed here for two nights, not to visit Napa (which I think most people do), but to interview for a school in near-by Vallejo (which is a pretty dumpy town).

The amenities were all pretty great. The room was clean and the decor was attractive.

Wifi was really unreliable. They had about 7 wifi spots, but none of them worked for more than maybe 45 minutes without cutting out.

Major brownie points: Breakfast was, in my opinion, as nice as a free continental breakfast can get. All the regular stuff (cereal, fruit, bagels, etc.) plus fresh waffles and microwaveable breakfast sandwiches. Also soy milk.

The only real gripe I have is you can hear your neighbors pretty easily. Luckily my neighbors weren't terribly loud, but even if they weren't trying to be I could hear them. Not enough to clearly make out what they were saying, but still.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I've never stayed at a Fairfield Inn before. There's nothing "fancy" about this place, but the location is great and if all you need is a bed after a day of wine tasting, it'll do. The hotel is off the main drag; so it's a drive from the wineries, but it's nothing like the Residence Inn, Courtyard, or Marriott hotels.

Room Tip: My friends were next to the elevator, but they never heard the noise from the elevator... Just the people outside their door.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2012

If you like having your vehicle broken into, then I highly recommend this area.

I typically try to stay at Marriott for their good service and reliable internet connection. I have stayed at this particular hotel in the past. However, on my most recent and last business stay, I particularly drove 25 miles out of my way to stay here...I needed the reliable internet so I could get some work done that evening.

Long story short, internet service went out around 8 pm and stayed out all night. Front desk said it was a problem with my computer. The next morning I asked if their internet was up and the lady at the desk said that it was out all night. I grabbed a cup of joe and went out to a broken window and a robbed truck.

I am aware that I am responsible for my vehicle and belongings, but the front desk did little to assist me.

Although the area has the appearance of Napa charm, its proximity to Vallejo make it a target for vehicle theft.

AND there were toenails on the carpet.

Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ben H
GM1431, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Napa American Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear Ben,

We are sorry you had your car broken into. Unfortunately it also happened at other hotels in the area. We have upgrades our security surveilance cameras, installed new censors and have not experienced any problems since then.
With regards to the internet, I can not tell you what happened, since we have two systems and if one of them is down for any reason,the other should be working. Again, my apologies.

Cordially,