I had a 3-night reservation at the Holiday Inn Express Napa Valley/American Canyon for a quick girls' weekend to Napa. Upon arrival to check in on a Saturday, we found out the hotel was completely booked and that the queen suite room we'd reserved was no longer available. (We arrived at 5 p.m., only 2 hours after checkin began.) We were given a king room, promised a rollaway bed would be delivered, and told we would be moved to a queen suite Sunday morning. For a night, we were prepared to make do with the king/rollaway (there were 3 of us), but when we got to our room, I realized I should request a refund of the difference between the cost of the queen suite and the king room. Back to the front desk I went to request the cost difference (not huge, but I'd paid for a queen suite and didn't get it), where a frustrated front desk worker said she would look into giving us the refund and swore under her breath at the manager or whomever decided the rates. I thanked her and went back to our king room. 5 minutes later, our phone rang and the same front desk worker said they'd found a queen room for us for that night. Not sure why we weren't given at least the queen room in the beginning, but someone must have canceled or not shown. We packed up our bags and moved down the hall. Shortly after we moved rooms, there was a knock at our door and the front desk worker who was looking into a refund was there saying they'd take $25 off our bill and that we could still move to a queen suite the next morning. That was a nice gesture and what I'd hoped would happen for us having to move rooms 3 times. The next morning, we did finally end up in a queen suite. And when we received our final bill, the $25 was deducted for the first night.
The rooms themselves (we saw all 3 types!) were very nice -- spacious and comfortable for 3 adults and our traveling gear. The beds and pillows were soft, the bathroom towels were soft, and the bathrooms themselves were clean and modern. I didn't notice thin walls as previous posters mentioned, but I did notice a fair amount of noise coming from people walking around the room above ours. Carpet throughout all of our rooms was clean and in good shape. The hotel is only a couple years old, so I guess everything should be in good working order.
After a long day of wine tasting, we dipped our feet in the pool, which was clean. The only slight annoyance was the traffic noise coming from over the wall. The pool area overlooks Hwy 29.
Breakfast was the typical HI Express breakfast -- cinnamon rolls, eggs, yogurt, bagels, juices, coffee, etc. It was convenient and we enjoyed it one morning, but most mornings we found ourselves walking to the Starbucks just across the street.
Location was convenient to the Napa Valley for wine tasting. We did a Platypus Tour one day and they picked us up at the HI Express. The next day we drove to wineries on our own. The drive up and down Hwy 29 wasn't bad at all from the HI Express. Even if we'd stayed somewhere in the Napa Valley, we would be driving, so this hotel was just fine for us.
We used the business center's computers to print our boarding passes, which was great. The only issue was that one of the two printers wasn't working. There was free wi-fi throughout the hotel and that was nice, too.
Overall, I didn't enjoy having to move rooms 3 times, but in the end we got the room we'd paid for. Aside from the swearing, front desk staff was friendly enough but seemed to flounder when the hotel was full and they ran out of the types of rooms people had reserved. (They were calling the Fairfield and moving guests there at one point.) Our stay on Sunday night and Monday night when the hotel was practically empty was perfect! I'd consider staying here the next time I visit Napa and just cross my fingers for better luck in the room/front desk service department.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NOW OPEN! The NEW Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley is located in one of the world s most prestigious wine regions featuring first class dining, golf courses, and wineries. Situated at Napa Junction across from beautiful Main Street Park the hotel is adjacent to numerous eateries and retail businesses including Starbucks, Sonic and Wal-Mart. A short eight mile drive along historic HWY 29 brings you to downtown Napa with world-renowned restaurants, boutique shops and Yountville & St. Helena with over 350 wineries & numerous championship golf courses. For family fun try Six Flags Discovery Kingdom Vallejo. Adults will love the Napa Valley Wine Train s lunch & dinner excursions through Napa s countryside. Notable local area companies include Foster s Wine Group, Coca Cola, GL Mezetta & Anheuser-Busch. Napa Valley s newest hotel has 101 luxuriously appointed guest rooms and suites are equipped with pillow top beds, the signature Smart Bath Collection, 32 flat panel televisions, and complimentary wired/wireless high-speed Internet access. The hotel also features a beautifully designed patio area with outdoor pool and spa, a state-of-the-art exercise room, business center, and over 2,000 square feet of flexible meeting space. Make your experience in the wine country a memorable one and join us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites - the only hotel in the Napa Valley where you can Stay Smart! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley - American Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Napa Valley - American Canyon
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley - American Canyon Hotel American Canyon