Extended Stay America - San Jose - Santa Clara
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Alviso
Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
“ugly place”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Check-in was surprising - room has been already occupied by another guy through key opened the door. Room of my colleague had broken toilet. Trains noise seems happens all the time. Breakfast is useless. Terrible place.

Room Tip: Do not suggest to use this place at all.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Santa Clara, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please accept our most sincere apologies for our errors at check-in. We should never send a guest into an occupied room. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that we have policies in place to prevent this experience from being repeated. I am also personally checking all toilets in vacant rooms to assure they are functioning at check-in. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at sca@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. Thank you again for your review. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Korean first
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I suppose based on what I paid, $109 per night, compared to other hotels in the area. But I can say that I stayed over 30 days in a Staybridge and felt like I was at home, this place does not come close. The air conditioner does not work, the carpet in front of it is wet, there are blood stains on the bedding, the mattress is lopsided, the shower hardly works and when it does its not close to being hot. The kitchen looks like a run down homeless shelter, stains, burns, cracks on every surface. The kitchen might as well not be stocked as everything in it is cheap crap or broken. The staff can bother to close the dumpster so every morning when I leave there is trash all over due to racoons. If at all possible DO NOT stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Santa Clara, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Kim - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so sorry that the A/C in your room did not work properly and that your room was unclean. In response, our maintenance staff is working to repair the A/C and our housekeeping staff is deep cleaning your room. As well, the staff is working to improve their cleaning procedures moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sca@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Travelers are raving about these Alviso hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This hotel is basic but has exactly all you need: easy check-in/check-out, clean comfortable rooms, and very quite. I was here just for a quick one-night sleep and it worked very well for that. No frills. The "breakfast", as they call it, is really poor and limited (coffee, juice, fruit, muffins) and "to go" only (no place to sit for breakfast).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Santa Clara, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about your check-in process as well as your clean and comfortable room. Still, we apologize that you weren't pleased with our grab-and-go breakfast. Please know, as we continue to make improvements to this offering, we will keep your feedback in mind.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly, at sca@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
NJ
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The location was convenient but there is a train adjacent to the hotel. Check a map before you book. It blows the horn just as it passes since there is a crossing a block away.
The grab-and-go breakfast is a granola bar, apple and coffee. If you are looking for a hot breakfast, you can't get it here.

Room Tip: some rooms are newer than others. they have a lot of smoking rooms so make sure you book the room y...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Javidlc
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Santa Clara, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. It upsets me to hear that train was troublesome for you. I am sorry for your experience. We do have a 50 feet cement wall, and double pane windows to help with the passing commuter train. Still, I am pleased that you found our location convenient for your stay. If you choose to stay with us again, please contact me when you make your reservation. I will personally make sure you are placed on the front side of the hotel, facing away from the train tracks, on a non-smoking floor. Our 17 smoking rooms are located on the third floor only. The majority of our 84 nonsmoking rooms are located on the first and second floor. All of which were renovated in February of 2012.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at sca@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I checked in here and the first room I was put in to had a very strong odor of curry, so bad was the smell my eyes began watering. I requested to be moved and was immediately moved to another room. In the second room, the window in my room wouldn't close all the way. The night staff couldn't do anything to fix it and offered me another blanket to keep me "warm" until morning. (It was fixed the next morning).

The other couple weeks of my stay, I encountered no further room or maintenance problems.

Pros:

Clean, comfy room with fully equipped kitchen.
Flat screen hdtvs with ESPN, showtime.
Very very friendly and professional staff.
Quiet location.

Cons:

There is a loud train that comes by several times an hour during the day and a few times at night. (It personally didn't bother me, but I was on the side of the hotel farthest from the track).

The smell outside during some days, is absolutely putrid (especially warmer days). Came to find out from the staff that there is a "water treatment" plant a few miles away.

The location is not central, you will need a rental car to get around. There is nothing within walking distance. (except a taco truck a 1/4 mile away).

I'm not sure what the bare minimum is to qualify as a "continental breakfast" but this was the bare minimum. No juice, water, only coffee to drink, and some breakfast bars and individually wrapped muffins.

In conclusion, despite all the little annoyances, (train/water treatment plant), and the other above listed "cons," I loved this hotel. The staff here really go out of their way to make you feel like home, the rooms are really quite comfy, the other guests here are mostly other business travelers and very quiet and respectful. I had a rental car, so the "location" was not a problem at all either. However if you are not planning on renting a car, this location may be a bit inconvenient for you.

I will definetely be back again, on my next trip in the area!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room on the side away from the train tracks. You "should" plan on re...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Santa Clara, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am happy to hear that you "loved" the hotel; I will be reviewing all your positive remarks with the staff. However, I am very sorry that you had some issues with your rooms at check in. Thankfully there were fixed quickly for you, and you had no further troubles.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at sca@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 23, 2013

It is terrible to stay at extended, pls don't. The check procedure was bad. And a late check out was not allowed. The lady was so rude. We are paying so much but the attitude sucks. they dint even refund the amount nor gave me the receipt.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Santa Clara, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that your check-in experience was not what we strive for it to be, or that we were unable to extend a late check-out on the day of your departure. We do try to give our guests plenty of time if they need a few extra minutes when checking out. Unfortunately, there are times that we are unable to extend past the normal check-out time due to extenuating circumstances. As well, I am sorry for the way one of our staff members treated you during your stay. I will be coaching the entire team on how to provide better customer service moving forward to ensure this does not happen again.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you would like to discuss this further, or if would like a copy of your receipt, please do not hesitate to contact me at SCA@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This hotel is in a great location for reaching the downtown area of Santa Clara and Milpitas. However, it's location is also its downfall. The hotel is literally right next to the train tracks and the road crossings just south of the hotel mean the train blows its horn every time it goes by.. several times an hour.

The bed was the worst hotel bed I've been in any recent memory.. it was worse than my original college dorm mattress. The room was clean but extremely basic. The kitchenette is not attractive at all.

The extended stay format here also means ZERO room service (including trash/towels) for stays less than a week. You must take your towels to the hotel front desk for exchange. I think they've taken their format too far now and not getting trash/towel service makes the savings just not worth it. The hotel is quite cheap for the area - but after one night I checked out and went as far as Fremont to not have to stay here another night.

Adding insult to it all, they insist on charging your card on the first night and some 'pay as you go' format.

Sorry - way too much hassle vs a traditional hotel and the train noise is a 100% dealbreaker for a hotel in the area. There is no reason to put up with this.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing east and on the north side to be away from the train!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Steve K
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Santa Clara, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Steve - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you were uncomfortable and disturbed by noises from outside the property throughout your visit. Please accept my apologies for the noise from a local train. While we cannot control this, we can promise that it is only in service during commuting hours. Due to its proximity, all of our windows have double panes to reduce this noise.

Thank you for providing us and our future guests with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sca@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alviso
Hyatt Regency Santa Clara
Aloft Santa Clara
#31 of 75 in San Jose
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale
Quality Inn Santa Clara Convention Center

Been to Extended Stay America - San Jose - Santa Clara? Share your experiences!