“NO NO NO to Extended stay”

Extended Stay America - San Jose - Santa Clara
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Alviso
San Francisco, California
“NO NO NO to Extended stay”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

It is terrible to stay at extended, pls don't. The check procedure was bad. And a late check out was not allowed. The lady was so rude. We are paying so much but the attitude sucks. they dint even refund the amount nor gave me the receipt.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Santa Clara, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that your check-in experience was not what we strive for it to be, or that we were unable to extend a late check-out on the day of your departure. We do try to give our guests plenty of time if they need a few extra minutes when checking out. Unfortunately, there are times that we are unable to extend past the normal check-out time due to extenuating circumstances. As well, I am sorry for the way one of our staff members treated you during your stay. I will be coaching the entire team on how to provide better customer service moving forward to ensure this does not happen again.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you would like to discuss this further, or if would like a copy of your receipt, please do not hesitate to contact me at SCA@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Korean first
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This hotel is in a great location for reaching the downtown area of Santa Clara and Milpitas. However, it's location is also its downfall. The hotel is literally right next to the train tracks and the road crossings just south of the hotel mean the train blows its horn every time it goes by.. several times an hour.

The bed was the worst hotel bed I've been in any recent memory.. it was worse than my original college dorm mattress. The room was clean but extremely basic. The kitchenette is not attractive at all.

The extended stay format here also means ZERO room service (including trash/towels) for stays less than a week. You must take your towels to the hotel front desk for exchange. I think they've taken their format too far now and not getting trash/towel service makes the savings just not worth it. The hotel is quite cheap for the area - but after one night I checked out and went as far as Fremont to not have to stay here another night.

Adding insult to it all, they insist on charging your card on the first night and some 'pay as you go' format.

Sorry - way too much hassle vs a traditional hotel and the train noise is a 100% dealbreaker for a hotel in the area. There is no reason to put up with this.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing east and on the north side to be away from the train!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Steve K
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Santa Clara, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Steve - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you were uncomfortable and disturbed by noises from outside the property throughout your visit. Please accept my apologies for the noise from a local train. While we cannot control this, we can promise that it is only in service during commuting hours. Due to its proximity, all of our windows have double panes to reduce this noise.

Thank you for providing us and our future guests with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sca@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Alviso hotels

St. George, Utah
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Got excellent deal in Hotwire and I am glad I stayed at this location.
So far I stayed in 3 location of Extended Stay America in the Bay area and that is my favorite because it feels like hotel and not motel.
Nice staff,clean room.
The location is not the best ,far from restaurant and shopping center.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Santa Clara, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Nina - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We are so happy to hear you have stayed at three of the ESA hotels and have loved your experience at all of them, including ours! We truly loved having you as our guest.

Please feel free to contact me directly, at sca@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was there on business, and although it was more expensive than I thought it should be, it is lower than most in the area.
The hotel is new, and still looks good, the room was clean and had all I needed, although far from luxurious.
The staff were perfect, friendly, helpful and professional. I did not partake of the continental breakfast, it looked adequate.
Others on this forum complained about noise, but I had the second floor room closest to the elevator, and never heard it. A train did go by closely, and was noisy, but it was late enough that I was already up and going.
Probably the worst thing about the room, was they have really nice flat screen HD capable TV's, but no channels in HD, REALLLLY, in this day all TV services have HD, so I don't know how you could have a service with none

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Santa Clara, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff and the hotel; however, we apologize that you were not able to enjoy HD channels on our new TVs. In response to your feedback, I am bringing this the attention of my managers.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at SCA@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed in Extended Stay America for 3 days as part of a trip for work, and was not exactly what I'd call pleased.

So, let me start off with the pros — the staff are friendly and extremely helpful.

As for the cons, all of the rooms look like they've stepped out of a bad eighties movie. This in itself wouldn't be a bad thing if stuff worked and things were clean. But the lights didn't work in the first room they gave me. So they moved me to a second room. Unfortunately, the previous guest who'd stayed there had decided to donate half of his or her hair to humanity, and started on his or her noble mission in the shower of this hotel. The moment I moved the shower curtain, a veritable shower of stringy hair filled the shower. It only got worse when I peeled off the nicely folded duvet, I found more of this person's hair on the mattress. While I did get the staff to send cleaners in again, I still kept finding hairs all over the place — though not in the same number — until the day I left.

Also, you can hear everything the people next door to you do, and unfortunately for me, I had a singer next door. While I admire a mellifluous voice as much as the next person, I prefer not to be forced to admire it at 11 in the evening when terribly jet lagged. This, however, isn't the fault of the hotel. However, what is something the hotel should look into is how there was this constant, low yet high-pitched buzzing noise in my room throughout some nights.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Santa Clara, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
We would like to thank you for your review of Extended Stay America Santa Clara. I’m happy to hear that our staff was friendly and helpful during your stay, however given our commitment of excellence I am so sorry that your stay wasn’t 100% satisfactory. We have a very strict room inspection policy that must be followed before each guest checks in, it is apparent that we failed on this metric and for this I am truly sorry. I have met with each of our staff members to reiterate how important it is that our rooms be 100% fresh and clean before our guest’s arrival. Your satisfaction is key to our success. I do hope that you will give us another chance to show you our re-doubled efforts and come stay with us again. Please call the hotel directly at 408-262-0401 and ask for Craig the onsite Manager. We will be happy to make things right for you. With our sincere thanks the Management at Extended Stay America Santa Clara..
Austin, Texas
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed at the First Street Extended Stay America location for a week then extended another week. The staff was extremely nice and Professional. Found the place very quiet. Interacted with the manager Rebecca, Riana, and Jennifer and found them all excellent to deal with and get recommendations on the area. Plan on staying again on my next trip here

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2013

No breakfast just snack.
Rail train runs very near hotel and horns early morning.
No wakeup call service.
Plenty of hotels around better priced and offer more services.
I stayed 2 nights. Hotel staff is nice. Location of hotel is away from center.

• Stayed March 2013
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Santa Clara, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Extended Stay America Santa Clara. I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. It is our goal to provide the best accommodations in our area with the added value of our suites with equipped kitchens and excellent service. We are indeed close to the Cal Train railway which tends to be more of an amenity than a deterrent for our guests as the station is within walking distance to the hotel. I am so sorry that you were kept awake by this. We aim to please each of our guests 100% during each stay. We would certainly welcome having you back at our location in Santa Clara or that of any of our other 680 locations nationwide. We would recommend requesting a room on the front side of this hotel as this will minimize the train noise. Again, my sincerest apologies for you not having a totally satisfactory stay. We hope to see you again in the future. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America Santa Clara.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alviso
Hyatt Regency Santa Clara
Aloft Santa Clara
Aloft Santa Clara
#31 of 75 in San Jose
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale

Been to Extended Stay America - San Jose - Santa Clara? Share your experiences!